Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hopefully more solid as well.
    Get ready for cheap pre's.

http://www.precentral.net/specs-pre-...ead-ces-reveal
    Last edited by IcerC; 01/06/2010 at 10:24 PM.
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    Were did you get this info?
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ray1b View Post
    Were did you get this info?
    http://www.precentral.net/specs-pre-...ead-ces-reveal
    precentral homepage.

Edit: Arrrr, ive been beaten. lol
    Spec sheet leaked. I didn't notice the pic didn't have a button till OP mentioned it. I never used it anyway and will probably look sleeker.
    No video. They are still hurting themselves by not having it ready. When is the release to Verizon?
    I hope Sprint gets the updated version...
    Currently using a Palm Pre running 1.3.5.1
    I find the center button just a hindrance, actually the coating on mine chipped off like a month ago. This makes me a bit envious.
    Probably a few weeks after CES, most definitely.
    But, I like my center button!

It's cute, it lights up when i touch around it, and it's so useful! I mean come on, it does so many things like . . . . ummm . . . what's it do again?
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    No video. They are still hurting themselves by not having it ready. When is the release to Verizon?
    Who knows how up-to-date this document is, and it would take about 5 minutes to change it to reflect a software change. Granted, it's not encouraging, but it's also not definitive.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    I personally would rather have the center button because I rely on the LED notification and also enjoy seeing it light up when I press the gesture area. The button also will be configurable in the future and then the people without the button will complain about how it wasn't added.

Preferably, I would rather have the functionality of it, over the looks. It's not that much of a hinderance.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    I personally would rather have the center button because I rely on the LED notification and also enjoy seeing it light up when I press the gesture area. The button also will be configurable in the future and then the people without the button will complain about how it wasn't added.

Preferably, I would rather have the functionality of it, over the looks. It's not that much of a hinderance.
    To be completely honest, I think I would miss it as well. Besides the uses you pointed out, it also help differentiate between the two sides, making the half/full swipe gestures easily discernable.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    hmm.. i'm torn...
    blah...i want a pixi with a sd card slot.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoTitans View Post
    Spec sheet leaked. I didn't notice the pic didn't have a button till OP mentioned it. I never used it anyway and will probably look sleeker.
    i doubt it will look better and verizon cripples their phones.
    My guess is, if the lack of a Pre Plus center button is true, it will have a "hidden" button that functions the same as the Pixi.

I guess this means we shouldn't look forward to the center button turning on the device.
    they didnt cripple the droid.

Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    i doubt it will look better and verizon cripples their phones.
    I want a Pre with out a qwerty so its a bit thinner.
    Just because your sitting behind a computer does not give you the right to be rude to other's, try being nice you'll get a lot farther in the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by rem_kujawa View Post
    I want a Pre with out a qwerty so its a bit thinner.
    buy a pixi, its a very slim phone, good design and nice keyboard.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast