Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #41  
    Guys guys no button doesn't mean no led notification. Pixi still lights up through the led line.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Where did the no LED come from? And because of a crappy photocopy image of the Pre everyone is talking about how the center button has been removed... c'mon people. The only fact that is real is 'we don't know yet'. I enjoy good speculation as anyone, but I think some are starting to go a little overboard. =)
    They should have COLOR LED. Like blackberry does
    --Marvin
  4.    #44  
    They COULD* add led notifications that blink differently for each service.... long blink email short blink text etc.

*Should

Quote Originally Posted by echto View Post
    Where did the no LED come from? And because of a crappy photocopy image of the Pre everyone is talking about how the center button has been removed... c'mon people. The only fact that is real is 'we don't know yet'. I enjoy good speculation as anyone, but I think some are starting to go a little overboard. =)
    The chrome accents on the ear piece and the shiney bits all around the phone show.
    If there the silver button you'd see it.

Ill bet you a pre and we'll see tomorrow how 'bout it =)
    Everyone, if the button was removed it will have the same setup as the Pixi, with an LED light in the center. Notifications will work just like the original Pre.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by Young HoV 718 View Post
    a friend told me Dan hesse (ceo of sprint) was spotted today with a unamed palm device with a bigger screen and a keyboard.
    i wish.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    No video?
    What a joke!!!
    With Droid and the upcoming Nexus One, what Verizon customer in their right mind would get a 16 (non expandable) GB Pre with no video recording, voice memo, voice to text and other key features?

And the Pixi? Even the Droid Eris sounds more appealing.

Hopefully these specs are wrong, if not...Palm...well...good luck catching up. That 3% of the market looks slimmer everyday.

If it wasn't for this blog, Preware and Homebrew, half of us would have already left Palm...I have less faith everyday.
    To each their own. I hope Palm releases and update to address the shortcomings by June
    I've said it before... and I'll say it again.
    The button would be so much better if it lit up, acted as a button, AND was a trackball like the Hero!!
    Tina T
    MCP, MCSE, MCDBA, VCP

Sharp Zaurus > Cassiopeia A-20 > Casio E-115 > Psion 3 > Phillips VELO 1 > Palm V > Treo 90 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Centro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo 4G > Samsung Epic 4G > HTC EVO 4G Shift & a rooted Nook Color!! (But still have nothing but love and hope for Palm)
    Why do you need a track ball on a full touch screen?
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    That's a minor but welcome refresh. The button definitely needed to go, it serves no purpose whatsoever.
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter
    I'm a big fan of the button. I think it looks better than just having a plain black bar below the screen, and I also use it all the time to turn on the screen when my Pre is sitting open on my desk at work.
    teej51685 - there will still be a button/bar like on the pixi instead of a raised button. Its just a flat LED strip so you can still touch the spot to switch cards, turn on the screen etc
    im not sure the center button is not there. the copy seems to be very weak in its crispness. it looks like a copy of a copy, that has been scanned into a computer. it appears to have lost a lot of resolution. im just not positive its not hidden behind the grainyness.

this is just my opinion, i am sure i am wrong.
    Pre be with you.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. -- Winston Churchill

Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities. -- Aldous Huxley
    Quote Originally Posted by leroove View Post
    No video?
    What a joke!!!
    With Droid and the upcoming Nexus One, what Verizon customer in their right mind would get a 16 (non expandable) GB Pre with no video recording, voice memo, voice to text and other key features?
    One that likes a keyboard that you can actually type on. One that likes multitouch. One that has money invested in or has a business need to run legacy Palm Garnet applications. One that has smaller hands and does not want a giant phone. One who uses exchange at work and Google for personal and wants to leverage the Palm Synergy and view both in the same Calendar. One that prefers the Palm form factor. One that prefers the card view style of multitasking. One who prefers solid state memory over micro SD cards. There are many reasons why a Verizon customer might want a Pre over a Droid.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    One that likes a keyboard that you can actually type on. One that likes multitouch. One that has money invested in or has a business need to run legacy Palm Garnet applications. One that has smaller hands and does not want a giant phone. One who uses exchange at work and Google for personal and wants to leverage the Palm Synergy and view both in the same Calendar. One that prefers the Palm form factor. One that prefers the card view style of multitasking. One who prefers solid state memory over micro SD cards. There are many reasons why a Verizon customer might want a Pre over a Droid.
    I love webos but I have to disagree with you. If I was on verizon, I wouldn't even think about getting the PRE next to Droid and the Nexus. I mean webos is great but lets face it the Pre built quality is about the worst of any phone on the market.
    I have only had my pre for a month, what is the gesture to goto card view? I always just use the button.
    Quote Originally Posted by FesterTreo View Post
    Why do you need a track ball on a full touch screen?
    There's a helluva lotta needless repetition in this thread, but this question hasn't shown up in a while.

I'm not saying it SHOULD be a trackball, but the value of having a trackball on such a device can be more or less summed-up with one word: "precision."

Capacative screens have advantages over resistive screens, but one thing they sacrifice is the ability to more precisely choose THIS spot on the screen versus THAT one. Also, the Pre's length often requires me to shift my grip on it in order to access certain parts of the device or screen. By using a trackball, one might operate the device more quickly, precisely, and securely.

Emphasis on that last one. I don't need any help dropping my device *more* often.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by saluki42 View Post
    I have only had my pre for a month, what is the gesture to goto card view? I always just use the button.
    just swipe up from the buttom
  20.    #60  
    just swipe from the gesture area up.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast