Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    So that's why the prices have been marked down on touchstone kits. Worked out well for yours truly.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    buy a pixi, its a very slim phone, good design and nice keyboard.
    And now with wifi just evil ain't it.

I would wait to see the supposed gaming announcement tomorrow.
    I hope that no one was let down b/c this is pretty much what was expected months ago.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    I really do not use the keyboard much with VK patch. I just think it would be cool to have the same look and size with out the keyboard.
    Just because your sitting behind a computer does not give you the right to be rude to other's, try being nice you'll get a lot farther in the forums.
  5.    #25  
    A snapdragon slab style web os device would be nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    Hopefully more solid as well.
    Get ready for cheap pre's.
    I guess it's nice to be the first to post about it, but it'd be helpful if you included a link so more of us knew what you were talking about.

Thanks to those that took the time to do so.

That said, I saw nothing on PreCentral's article or image about "Touchstone back." Did I miss something?

EDIT: Ahh. I see, in the faded part at the bottom.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    A snapdragon slab style web os device would be nice.
    I would drop everything and buy that in a heartbeat. I am also not too crazy about palm getting rid of the button, yes i do not always use it, but i do use the LED notifications and as was posted before i enjoy it when it lights us as i use the gesture area. Do you think that this is just a way of Palm avoding making an LED notification system?
    16 GB? Guess it has to compete with Droid in that aspect, at least.

Congrats to everyone who will be getting a Verizon branded Pre. Normally, I'd make a snarky comment about how Verizon cripples devices (which, as of late, they haven't done to a major release) and how I'll be saving money by staying with Sprint, while taking advantage of Verizon's network via roaming.... But I just want Palm to succeed in general at this point. I would even stand behind a WebOS device making its way onto T-Mobile, Cricket, and Metro PCS at this point, if it would help Palm increase marketshare and stay in business.

As far as tomorrow's CES announcement goes, I'm not going to get my hopes pinned onto any one thing in particular at this point. However... activating the nice, unused chip in our phones via an OTA update would be EPIC.
    probably making a more durable front piece. wasnt there people posting cracks in their lcds that originate from that button?

i guess they feel led notification thru it is not important... one less thing to program in. while google has a trackball that does multi color notification but iphone also no led notification.

Quote Originally Posted by Krab19 View Post
    Do you think that this is just a way of Palm avoding making an LED notification system?
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    probably making a more durable front piece. wasnt there people posting cracks in their lcds that originate from that button?

i guess they feel led notification thru it is not important... one less thing to program in. while google has a trackball that does multi color notification but iphone also no led notification.
    It sounds like only the "physical" button is gone, a center touch button should still be there (kinda like the pixi). So LED notifications should still be possible in the future (or now with a patch).
    I'd miss the button.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krab19 View Post
    I would drop everything and buy that in a heartbeat. I am also not too crazy about palm getting rid of the button, yes i do not always use it, but i do use the LED notifications and as was posted before i enjoy it when it lights us as i use the gesture area. Do you think that this is just a way of Palm avoding making an LED notification system?
    Me too, the same thing but just the front half would cool.
    Just because your sitting behind a computer does not give you the right to be rude to other's, try being nice you'll get a lot farther in the forums.
    a friend told me Dan hesse (ceo of sprint) was spotted today with a unamed palm device with a bigger screen and a keyboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Young HoV 718 View Post
    a friend told me Dan hesse (ceo of sprint) was spotted today with a unamed palm device with a bigger screen and a keyboard.
    No way!!!
    Pre2? Timing would be right at CES

Quote Originally Posted by Young HoV 718 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    I personally would rather have the center button because I rely on the LED notification and also enjoy seeing it light up when I press the gesture area. The button also will be configurable in the future and then the people without the button will complain about how it wasn't added.

Preferably, I would rather have the functionality of it, over the looks. It's not that much of a hinderance.
    Don't you think it'll have the LED light that is "touch sensitive" (a "virtual button") like the Pixi?
    a friend of a friend of a friend lol ok
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    i guess you could always use the entire lcd as a notification light.

Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Don't you think it'll have the LED light that is "touch sensitive" (a "virtual button") like the Pixi?
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Still like the button for the LED notification and would definitely miss that functionality.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    i just wish someone would make a patch to wake up phone with that dang button lol that would be nice!!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast