1.    #1  
    Hi,

My Pre is unlocked QWERTZ German and runinng on 1.3.1
    There is only one app in app catalog, Classic. I can't search or browse any free application in app catalog. Is there any fix for this issue?

Language: English, / United Kingdom
    Formats: Turkey

Thanks in advance
    Palm Prē + Touchstone + iGrip PerfektFit...
    That affects GSM users who have activated the Pre outside the O2 network. We have to wait for Palm to "fix" this. In the meantime, get Preware!
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    thank you for the detailed answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    That affects GSM users who have activated the Pre outside the O2 network. We have to wait for Palm to "fix" this. In the meantime, get Preware!
    Not true. I have a QWERTZ Pre in the UK on Virgin mobile and can see the full UK App catalogue. My handset was activated using a "3" network SIM. The issue is not related to non-O2 activation.
    Palm already did some tweak on the app catalog. I have doctored my pre two days ago - unlocked german pre running in O2 Czech republic and I saw about 100+ applications. all of them free. and a "new format" app catalog. But then I again installed the sprint catalog files. So still only free applications but 200+ of them...
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marshalla99 View Post
    Not true. I have a QWERTZ Pre in the UK on Virgin mobile and can see the full UK App catalogue. My handset was activated using a "3" network SIM. The issue is not related to non-O2 activation.
    +1.
    Never used an O2 SIM in my Pre.
    I activated with Orange UK and I can see all the apps [well, just the free ones] in the catalogue.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    I have German O2 unlocked GSM Pre too. Sonera network, Finland.
    Before year changed, I had 75 apps listed in App Catalog, now only Classic, just like cryptooth. Someone from Hong Kong reported the same happened there.
    i am having the same problem.Previously had the app catalog increase to about 75 apps until around the end of 2009 then only classic is the only app showing in the catalog.this is an unlocked german qwertz pre on bmobile tstt in Trinidad and Tobago.Today my applications finally allowed an update which were all failing over the last week.tried starting over the phone but still classic is the only app in the catalog
    Hmm. Is it possible then that the Palm servers are locking out those phones that are not running within the four European launch countries, irregardless of activation?

This could be due to them prepping their servers for the European App Catalog rollout. If that's the case, those of us not in the EU launch countries might find ourselves stuck with the lone app for a while to come...
    Quote Originally Posted by marshalla99 View Post
    Point taken. I guess it then boils down to "geo-restriction" or "geo-filtering"
    For those of us not in the countries where the Pre is "officially launched" then we are stuck unless we apply the 1.1.3 App Catalog which works (I see 200+ free apps)
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Seems like i can't even reach the update server(s). With a German Pre, activated and used in the Netherlands that is.

Aah wait: available again. both update server and catalog (110 apps)
    Last edited by joebel; 01/07/2010 at 09:17 AM. Reason: solved
  12.    #12  
    Point taken. I guess it then boils down to "geo-restriction" or "geo-filtering"
    For those of us not in the countries where the Pre is "officially launched" then we are stuck unless we apply the 1.1.3 App Catalog which works (I see 200+ free apps)
    What does it mean 1.1.3 App Catalog? Is that App Catalog version? Mine is 1.0.0
    Quote Originally Posted by cryptooth View Post
    What does it mean 1.1.3 App Catalog? Is that App Catalog version? Mine is 1.0.0
    It means installing the app catalog files from 1.1.3. See here
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by joebel View Post
    Perfect... It's working well with 228 applications

Thanks a billion
    Last edited by cryptooth; 01/07/2010 at 11:53 AM.
  15.    #15  
    BTW, App Catalog version is v.1.0 Beta in Device Information>More Info>Software menu. Is that normal?
    i am rather worried about the changing app catalog to v 1.1.3, i have seen the info on it but remain skeptical, any comments from those who have actually tried it??
    Well it allows one to see and download free apps. With firmware updates the catalog it reverts back to the official one.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by joebel View Post
    Is it working with 1.3.5.2?

Thanks