Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    20's in Orlando?! Woot for Al Gore and his Global Warming theories....
    Quote Originally Posted by smccue View Post
    I went skiing a couple of weeks ago with my Pre in my pocket and noticed my battery life was better than normal, but did not think twice about it. Last weekend i went skiing again and same thing my battery was still at 100% after being off the charger for 6 hours. Normally my battery would be dead at that point.

So that raises the question does the Pre battery perform better in an a cryogenically cooled state???? Do we need to miniature cooling units with us to have have a shot at normal battery life?
    or was it just the fact that you were too busy skiing to do anything to run the battery down ?
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    You all act like it is cold where YOU are...lol. I am up here in North Dakota and have been seeing -30 to -65 with windchill lately. Tonight will be -40 with windchill (according to weather.com). But I guess there is good news with that, everytime I walk (or sprint) through the trecherous cold weather, I will know that my battery life is improving, HAHA.
    -Sent from my Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by marshalla99 View Post
    or was it just the fact that you were too busy skiing to do anything to run the battery down ?
    True that. Kind of hard to talk on the phone while trying not to fall off the mountain.
    Quote Originally Posted by slpintern View Post
    You all act like it is cold where YOU are...lol. I am up here in North Dakota and have been seeing -30 to -65 with windchill lately. Tonight will be -40 with windchill (according to weather.com). But I guess there is good news with that, everytime I walk (or sprint) through the trecherous cold weather, I will know that my battery life is improving, HAHA.
    I'd rather have the bad battery.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smccue View Post
    I went skiing a couple of weeks ago with my Pre in my pocket and noticed my battery life was better than normal, but did not think twice about it. Last weekend i went skiing again and same thing my battery was still at 100% after being off the charger for 6 hours. Normally my battery would be dead at that point.
    You're phone is normally dead after 6 hours of being off the charger??? Mine has been off the charger for 8 hours and I still have 81% remaining. My phone typically lasts 1.5 days. I guess I happen to have a special battery or something.

Turn off data roaming and stay logged out of any instant messanger client and use wifi whenever possible (I never turn it off). Those are my rules to live by.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    52? Did it even really hit 50 today? Im in Orlando too, sitting here in sweatpants and a sweatshirt and my fingers freezing when I type..

Where in O town are ya? Its COLD here huh?

Kinda a nice change, but just a tad too extreme

Maybe 50, I think. Avalon Park and I actually had to turn the heat on last night.
    Phones in Family pre> pre> pre> Centro> Rant
    You guys are lucky, its -10 C here in england at the moment (that's -50 F for you americans ) and as low as -20 C (-68 F) in some parts.

Now back on topic, my battery life has been great recently, i wonder why
    Quote Originally Posted by slpintern View Post
    You guys are used to that kind of stuff, my blood has thinned since moving down here. I'm with dbd, I'd rather have the bad battery.
    Phones in Family pre> pre> pre> Centro> Rant
    Quote Originally Posted by notaphonegeek View Post
    You guys are used to that kind of stuff, my blood has thinned since moving down here. I'm with dbd, I'd rather have the bad battery.
    About 57f here in the Palm Beaches...lol...and the ocean is warmer than Southern California...no wetsuit here when I hit the surf...
    Well im in Central New York And We Got 52" of Snow Over 3 Days and Its In The singles Up Here. But Hey Thats What You Get For Living In One Of The Snow Capitals Of the US..LOL
    My HTC Evo Is Great...
    Quote Originally Posted by ferriskeanu View Post
    About 57f here in the Palm Beaches...lol...and the ocean is warmer than Southern California...no wetsuit here when I hit the surf...
    True, but it's all about the waves!
    Want the longest battery life you can get? The simplest solution to the battery drain problem we have, whether it be a Pre, or any other battery powered device.....don't turn the darned thing on.

ps. it's 7 here in Denver
    St. Louis, Misery. Winter Storm rolling in. Snow falling.

Current Temp: 19. It was 32 an hour or so ago. It's dropping fast. Our high tomorrow is supposed to be low 20s, and Friday and Saturday aren't even supposed to hit the double digits.

~Kelly

"Two things are infinite: the universe, and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." ~Albert Einstein
  16. jut
    im with you rykatemom... couple days ago it was 3 degrees on my way to work with a windchill of -8
    Suddenly, 25-30 degrees everyday here in Philly doesn't seem so bad...

Nah, screw that, I still have to wait about 30 minutes a day outside in the cold for my ride to work. It's f'n cold man
  18. o14
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Nope. I live in Edmonton, Alberta and my battery life sucks. If you're not familiar with Edmonton, it's a place so cold that professionals who make their living smacking a puck on ice have been known to bail ship due to weather despite being paid 6,000,000 dollars to stay lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc31 View Post
    Man up -12 w/ wind chill in Chicago.... but I still need a second battery
    that's what i'm sayin'! i was riding my bike the other week and it was -9 with wind chill...
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    78 degrees here in SoCal, sorry, just had to throw that in
    Burning up here... 85-ish degrees here in Honolulu, Hawaii. Still wearing t-shirts, shorts, and slippers (or flip-flops as mainlanders seem to call it).

On a related note, battery seems fine here. Went to alaska for a trip and didn't notice a visible increase in battery performance.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast