1.    #1  
    After trying to install Quake via preware, my Pre is emitting a strong burning smell like it's going to go on fire. Preware said it installed but it wasn't on my home page so I restarted and it still wasn't there. While doing this I had my Pre plugged in charging and once it said Quake installed, the phone would not charge and it smelled like it was going on fire. I immediately removed the battery and haven't put it back in yet.
    Sounds like your problems extend well beyond the installation of an app. Sounds more like your battery or phone is shorting out. I doubt the app is responsible for this. The timing is most likely coincidental.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericMusings View Post
    Sounds like your problems extend well beyond the installation of an app. Sounds more like your battery or phone is shorting out. I doubt the app is responsible for this. The timing is most likely coincidental.
    Could it be that I just need a new battery? I do use the phone a lot so maybe thats what it is. I just put the battery back in and booted the phone. When I plug in the charger it says battery charging for about one second then quickly says that the battery isn't charging and continues this pattern. So maybe I just need a new battery?
    More than an app problem. Sounds like a hw problem (Battery, temp, etc). I have both Quake and Doom and both work well for me.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by knicks5171 View Post
    So maybe I just need a new battery?
    That might fix the issue. But you really should bring it to a Sprint store and have them look at it. No point buying a new battery if you don't know if it will fix the issue or not.
    Hmmm... sounds similar to what I had earlier today. I must admit, I would agree with the coincidence thing, except it does seem suspiciously so!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben_K View Post
    Hmmm... sounds similar to what I had earlier today. I must admit, I would agree with the coincidence thing, except it does seem suspiciously so!
    Please explain how installing an application can result in your battery or phone shorting out.
    Please explain how installing an application can result in your battery or phone shorting out.
    Magics!
    Well, it could be many ways. One such example would be an application not optimised for that system causes process looping, overheating, and subsequently damaging components.

Need any more examples? Just think about it.