1.    #1  
    I see that the only real change in 1.3.5.1 is a calendar issue.

If I dont care about that, can I NOT do the upgrade, or will it eventually push to my phone anyway, causing issues with my patches, etc?

Should I just do the EPR and update, and re do my stuff, or leave it alone?

Thanks

Diane
    All updates that are pushed out are pushed to all devices. As long as you always hit no or install later when ever you are prompted about the update you will never get it, but if you miss one it will get pushed automatically.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  3.    #3  
    Hmmm thanks, then I guess I need to go back in and disable the update daemon again.. Im not i the mood to deal with undoing/redoing stuff for now..
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    you can run this update without removing patches. I did it on 2 separate pre's with no issues.
    the update was fast..don't see what's the big deal. I took my time I usuaully do it right when it's out but was in no rush for it.
    Hey Diane, just let it run. I did it w/ 60+ patches w/ no ill effects.

1.3.5.1 is only 1mb and it worked fine w/ my heavily patched Pre
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Even if you say "No" or "Later" EVERY time, it can still get installed over night. Here's how:

1. Your Pre/Pixi has downloaded the update and is waiting for you to approve installing it.
    2. You tell it that you want to install later. No problem, right?
    3. You plug in to charge (or put on the touchstone), again tell it not to install, and then go to bed.
    4. You have a power failure (or brownout) during the night (happens more often than you would think). Then the power comes back on before you wake the next morning.
    5. Once the power comes back on, the Pre thinks it's just been plugged in again for charging.
    6. Every time the Pre is plugged in to charge it will ask if you want to install the recently-downloaded webOS update. If you don't answer the prompt after a certain amount of time (because you're asleep), the Pre will automatically start the installation.

This explains why several people (during some of the first updates) claimed that they told the Pre NOT to update and they woke up the next morning to find that the Pre did it anyway. So short of hacking webOS to turn off the update service or completely powering off the phone at night, there's still a chance that it will update automatically despite what you tell it.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
  8.    #8  
    Ya, but by disabling the daemon via linux, you can stop it from doing it on the sly..

huh, NOW that I just disabled it you say its ok to do this one, without removing my stuff?

I guess I'll just sit tight for now.

When the next one comes along, will I be able to go right to that, and skip 1.3.5.1?

I think I did do that, and skip one of the 1.2.?? a bit ago...
    I don't know what will happen with the update if you decide to skip one. Before Palm went to the differential update process I would have said "no problem", but now I don't know. Will 1.4.x have everything that 1.3.x.x had? Will the Pre determine what is missing and fill in all the pieces? Or will you only get the newest changes and be missing 1.3.5.1's fixes? I don't know.

Hopefully, Palm made the update process smart enough to compensate for out-of-date devices. Either way, I would recommend removing all patches before ANY update no matter how small it may be. People might have gotten lucky with this update, but now there will always be a question when they DO have a problem: Did a patch that they didn't remove cause the issue?
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Updates are rolled together, even if you miss a few updates you will gain the benefits from the previous updates as well.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    My Pre was on Touchstone this morning, I walked in bedroom and seen that the screen was up asking about update. I clicked the "later" option and went out of room, came back few minutes later and the little spinning wheel animation was up!

I thought maybe it just crashed since I am testing the scaling patch...but now, it came back and said it updated!

I've had the problem on Touchstone when near 100% when it dings on and off...so maybe that's what caused it...like Insp_Gadget was explaining
    I have the opposite problem. I can't GET the 1.3.5.1 update to install. Rebooting, on a touchstone, manually running the Updates app etc. I'm sick of fiddling with the time setting to get my Exchange calendar working.
    Because of reports from this forum, i had the foresight to delay patching until a fix for the EAS calendar issue (which affected me) came out - only waited 3 days. It was a relevant issue for enterprise users and Palm delivered post-haste. Gives me the impression that Palm does want to compete with the big gorillas.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    The Disable Update Daemon thing just didn't work for me. I did it exactly as suggested, but I still got the Update Daemon thing. I followed code, even cut and pasted it. No good.
  15.    #15  
    You had to have done something incorrectly, or skipped a step, or used the enable code in error.

By sending "chmod -x UpdateDaemon" you are taking away execute permissions to the UpdateDaemon

When you re enable it , you do chmod +x UpdateDaemon , you add the execute permissoin back.

Also you have to have mounted as rw (read and write) and you have to be in the correct directory..

Re check your steps , good luck
    Just like many other people, I did the 1.3.5.1 update without removing any of my patches (no calendar patches on my pre) and it installed without any glitches.