1.    #1  
    "Whoa -- Ralph de la Vega just announced that AT&T will have not one but two webOS devices in the first half of 2010! And... that's all we have for now, but you know we're digging for more. Stay tuned, friends. Stay tuned."

Holy Cruds, didnt see that one coming

Source: ENGADGET
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Yeah, this is an unexpected surprise.
    This is great news--along with palm's verizon debut this will be exactly the shot in the arm that palm needs and perfect timing too. And the rapidly increasing userbase will increase demand for apps which will in turn grow the app store exponentially!
    Since i have both sprint and at&t, this will make things easier in getting rid of Sprint. Wife loves the Pre and aint leaving it.
  6.    #6  
    Hmmm, and i thought there couldn't be any more surprises. This will be direct competition against the iPhone, i wonder how Apple is going to react to this.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Didn't expect it, but I was actually hoping for this. Good news, stock just jumped above $11 for a while..
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-360 View Post
    Hmmm, and i thought there couldn't be any more surprises. This will be direct competition against the iPhone, i wonder how Apple is going to react to this.
    AT&T is also getting some Android devices. So, the real outlier at this point is Apple, and I suspect that their response will be to announce another carrier themselves with Verizon being the 99% most likely choice.

I'd predict an impact on the iPhone's sales--instead of selling 15 bajillion in 2010, they'll only sell 14.9 bajillion.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by bruba View Post
    Didn't expect it, but I was actually hoping for this. Good news, stock just jumped above $11 for a while..
    I think its a great time to purchase PALM stock. I have a feeling its going to rise further after Palm CES tomorrow the way things are going.
    so i take it that means theres no pre plus.
    I'd guess AT&T is being quiet about specifics so Palm can give the news.
    I just hope that Palm isnt content with just having the Pre and Pixi out there. Seems like there are too many people who want BIG screens so they need to at least have 1 option out there for them either a landscape slider or slab or whatever.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    so i take it that means theres no pre plus.
    All the FCC certifications and inventory screens suggest the Palm Pre + & the Palm Pixi + are very real. It would only be logical to presume these are the two new WebOS Devices coming to AT&T
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    AT&T is also getting some Android devices. So, the real outlier at this point is Apple, and I suspect that their response will be to announce another carrier themselves with Verizon being the 99% most likely choice.

I'd predict an impact on the iPhone's sales--instead of selling 15 bajillion in 2010, they'll only sell 14.9 bajillion.
    When are they getting Android devices?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    First half 2010. Doesn't mention any specifics though.
    First half of 2010.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Quote Originally Posted by FesterTreo View Post
    I just hope that Palm isnt content with just having the Pre and Pixi out there. Seems like there are too many people who want BIG screens so they need to at least have 1 option out there for them either a landscape slider or slab or whatever.
    I definitely agree with you..Palm's current lineup is great, but a landscape slider with a big screen would make it so much better.
    I found the link in another thread. I wonder how long before all 3 threads are merged, LOL!

AT&T finally goes Android, confirms Dell, HTC and Motorola on board -- Engadget
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  19.    #19  
    I found the link in another thread. I wonder how long before all 3 threads are merged, LOL!

AT&T finally goes Android, confirms Dell, HTC and Motorola on board -- Engadget
    Meh, this threads better ...