Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwonderful View Post
    This is huge news for AT&T. But there's more.
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by bobwonderful View Post
    Big news indeed.
    And folks here , take my word , I will say this out loud "iPhone will be
    available for Verizon and Sprint in six months."
    Indeed. AT&T and VZ are in a different league than Sprint and will promote the platform much stronger...
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    Yes

And folks here , take my word , I will say this out loud "iPhone will be
    available for Verizon and Sprint in six months."
    No it won't. Apple is working on an LTE version, but that will never work on Sprint and VZ won't have the footprint for it till much later.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    The inclusion of Palm phones in AT&T's line-up should help the struggling handset maker regain ground lost to iPhone and other rivals. AT&T has more than 81 million wireless subscribers and Snyder estimated the carrier could sell 500,000 to 700,000 Palm phones in a quarter.

"It's certainly going to help Palm. About 500,000 shouldn't be too hard in a quarter, but so much depends on how AT&T prices it and how hard they push it," Snyder said.
    "I think this is the best portfolio we've ever had if you look at 2010," AT&T's mobile chief Ralph de la Vega told Reuters at an AT&T developer conference on the sidelines of CES.

He said AT&T would sell "new" Palm devices, but declined to say if they would be new models or the Pre or Pixi.

Snyder said the devices would probably be versions of Pre and the Pixi, as he does not expect new Palm phones to hit shelves until around mid year.
    UPDATE 2-CES-AT&T plans 7 new smartphones: 2 Palm, 5 Android | Reuters
    whats exciting? don't people here make it a strong point to get a pre on sprint bashing att higher rates and horrible coverage?
    Quote Originally Posted by surfhi View Post
    whats exciting? don't people here make it a strong point to get a pre on sprint bashing att higher rates and horrible coverage?
    If you care about Palm's future, you want the Pre and others on AT&T and VZ, because unlike many here, most cellular customers vote with their wallets and pick AT&T and VZ for their cell service.

Sprint's exclusivity has hobbled Plam so far - they will be much better off when Sprint is just another 2nd tier carrier to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    I won't say it will beat in a year or two,
    But it will be closely running behind BB.

OTOH , 90% of the BB's are not touchscreens yet. Which means they will be loosing in the 3D gaming and such.
    You seem a bit confused. A touch screen is not required for 3D gaming even if the only BB that supports 3D gaming is a touch screen device.

Personally I would rather do my 3D gaming on a device with dedicated hardware controls for gaming (e.g. a PSP).

BTW You are aware that the BB is the number one smartphone OS in the U.S. market so before WebOS runs closely behind BB it will have to beat out the iPhone.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12