1.    #1  
    So I need help... Long story short, I've tried a bunch of stuff including the up volume+power trick, and webosdoctor, webosquickinstall, webosrepairutility dont "see" my pre.

other attempted fixes:

removing battery, plug into wall, up-volume+power, insert battery, plug into computer

Uninstalling/ reinstalling novacom using webosquickinstall and some other installer someone gave to me when I had a similar problem before (which ended up working before)

countless restarts, a partial erase

BTW this arose from a 1.3.5 auto update that took place before I got a chance to remove patches/themes. since then it started with an inability to add/remove patches that the update didnt erase, and then downhill from there. I just want to doctor my phone!
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    I had the same problem. I don't know if it will help but, it my be the computer. Try this. Right click "computer" click "properties" click "device mangement". Look for any drivers that have a yellow "!" or "?". Then, reconnect your pre. See if the computer will reconize the phone!
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikea4 View Post
    I had the same problem. I don't know if it will help but, it my be the computer. Try this. Right click "computer" click "properties" click "device mangement". Look for any drivers that have a yellow "!" or "?". Then, reconnect your pre. See if the computer will reconize the phone!
    sorry, forgot one thing. Delete the "!"/"?" drivers.
  4.    #4  
    yeah looks like it was the computer in the end. I tried on my work computer because I wasn't able to get rid of the yellow "!" Thanks