View Poll Results: Which App Launcher layout do you use?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • 3x4 default

13 16.67%
  • 4x4 v1

4 5.13%
  • 4x4 v2

9 11.54%
  • 4x4 v3

47 60.26%
  • 5x4 v1

0 0%
  • 5x4 v2

5 6.41%
  1. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    While waiting for CES tomorrow......

Being in Canada, I used an unpatched Pre for a week until 1.3.5.1 was released. Going back to 3x4 icons was a shock! I've been using 4x4 v2 for a long time and realized how much I missed it over the last week.

Now that 1.3.5.1 is running, I've decided to give 4x4 v3 a shot. It seems pretty crowded with the full-sized icons, but I have to say that I'm quickly getting used to it. The only thing I'd change is to drop the font size down (so less wrapping).

So... what do you use?

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2102067

4x4 v1 - display 4x4 icons rather than 3x4.
    4x4 v2 - display 4x4 icons rather than 3x4. Fixes word wrap issue.
    4x4 v3 - display 4x4 icons with larger text and icons!
    5x4 v1 - display 5x4 icons rather than 3x4.
    5x4 v2 - display 5x4 icons rather than 3x4. Fixes word wrap issue.

(and thanks to the developers for these)
    4x4 v2 - i find it faster to find what im looking for
    4 x 4 v3 without icon labels or quicklaunch bar FTW.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  4. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    That's pretty nice. I feel relaxed just looking at it.
    4x4 v3 with no titles. I kept the quick launch bar though.
    4x4 V3 with "First Page" patch. I had an epiphany with the First Page patch, it makes your launcher almost like a full screen quick launch. I had stopped using the launcher all together cause I never knew where I was going to be. But with First Page it always opens to the same place and I LOVE IT. I've started using it again instead of always universal search.

So a ZILLION thanks to both 4x4 v3 peeps and First Page peeps for making my pre even more awesome!
    I'm using 4x4 v2 with the open to middle page patch.

The middle page has my most used apps, and I can go either left or right to get anything else in one flick. Nerdvana.

Seems like 4x4v3 is the most popular - I tried that one, but some of my app names got crowded together too much. Doesn't that bother other folks?
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitman View Post
    I'm using 4x4 v2 with the open to middle page patch.

The middle page has my most used apps, and I can go either left or right to get anything else in one flick. Nerdvana.

Seems like 4x4v3 is the most popular - I tried that one, but some of my app names got crowded together too much. Doesn't that bother other folks?
    Are you sure you tried the v3 of 4x4? I use it and have no app name crowding at all.
    I'm with th 5x4 v2. I still have really good eyesight and I like not having to scroll around too much to get to what I need.
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou View Post
    I'm with th 5x4 v2. I still have really good eyesight and I like not having to scroll around too much to get to what I need.
    3X4 -- I'm old and my eyes are worn out.
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    3X4 -- I'm old and my eyes are worn out.
    I'm no spring chicken, but I've been fortunate to have been blessed with good eyesight...knock on wood. When I look at a stock Pre now, after having the 5x4 installed for quite a while, I feel like someone turned on the accessibility settings on my computer!
  12. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou View Post
    When I look at a stock Pre now, after having the 5x4 installed for quite a while, I feel like someone turned on the accessibility settings on my computer!
    LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknight View Post
    Are you sure you tried the v3 of 4x4? I use it and have no app name crowding at all.
    Silly me, I didn't even think about that. At this point though I think I'll just put the wrap launcher on and insert a new page to the left and use that. But I like your thinking. Funny how these little things don't occur to you until some else says it.
    I use the stock launcher icons, with the middle page patch and 5 pages. I can bring up the launcher & am never more than two swipes from any app. (I was inspired by the "middle page" structure of Android phones).
  15. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Thanks folks. So 4x4 v3 is by far the most popular. I've been using it for a couple days now and have readjusted to the regular-sized icons. The only thing I'd change in a v4 (he he) would be to drop the font down a point.

I'm thinking of trying the "middle page" patch as I currently use 7 pages!

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pre/219196-how-many-launcher-pages-do-you-use-how-they-organized.html

Too bad you can't reorder pages as well as icons.
    Last edited by Vij; 01/07/2010 at 10:38 AM.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    4x4 v3 is much better than any 5x4, IMHO.

But since 1.3.5.1, I can't install any of the layouts. I get an error for all of them. So, now I'm stuck with the original layout.