Page 1 of 16 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Post your speculation, links, tips, and information about CES here.

In particular, please post any links to news stories or announcements here.
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 01/06/2010 at 03:24 PM.
    Hey fellow webOS adopters,

I've been reading a lot of news lately about Palm enabling the GPU, OpenGL, 3D games and the like. Videos of a Need For Speed demo surfaced, along with demos of Quake and Doom running in webOS.

I also just found these articles at Palm Infocenter:
    Palm's Native webOS App Secrets Revealed
    OpenGL Demo'd On Palm Pre

If Palm really drops the bomb and announces that they will be enabling the GPU for webOS, and support for native apps - that will be MAJOR news for Palm. I think many more developers will migrate to webOS, possibly for the ease of programming with web languages (and maybe native languages), as well as tools like Ares, and many, many more reasons.

The recent hires from Palm look like they are coming through with their work. I'm looking forward to a majorrrrrrr speed boost, and I'd be quite the happy camper.

Anyone else have any thoughts on what Palm may reveal at CES?
    I hope they reveal a roadmap for paid apps in europe.
    Remember the developers conference they did recently, and they mentioned about CSS Transforms with GPU support? Well maybe this is to shocase what CSS Transforms can do on the pre. I don't know if webkit on the pre supported CSS:T, but I went to a site that had some examples the other day and the objects did animate, and smoothly too.
    i want flash
    proper app catalog for the EU, and skype and msn messenger! or at least support for then natively.
    bug fixes for europe ( like the missing sign......pressing $ gives $ instead of the correct currency of the country).

blah blah blah games!
    Quote Originally Posted by peabrain View Post
    i want flash
    I want Flash too! But I think that may be awhile, and thats all on Adobe to get that out.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    It's actually too bad much of it is out in the open now. But I can only guess. It's not certain they'll announce anything found inside webOS today:

- OpenGL (everything 3D)
    - video recording (libraries are there)
    - voice control (code is there)
    - native apps (see OP post)
    - Flash maybe

And Verzion of course.. I hope there are still some surprises left.

I'm wondering if it'll be like "you guys can go to the apps catalog RIGHT NOW and download NFS and 10 other 3D games.. more to come."

Hoping they'll have some of this as well:

- Paid apps in Europe
    - New carriers in Europe
    - High-end webOS phone
    - Newness, synergy stuff, etc.
    - New API's (voice, camera access for example)
    - Even more carriers in US..?
    - Fix for the 3G bug in 1.3.1 and 1.3.5 (PLEASE PALM! PLEASE! )
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I hope they announce a candy-bar style high-end smartphone. Think pixi with pre hardware (I would be fine with the smaller screen, but I really want the powerful chipset of the pre)... I don't want moving parts (see Oreo-effect and stuff), but I don't want an entry-level phone either. For now, I'm basically stuck with nothing
    Do you think there will be a big announcement at CES now that 1.3.5 has been released? If there is one hopefully they will add calendar search and itunes syncing.
    there is bound to be something but itunes syncing is the last thing palm should be working on what they need is a U.S. gsm pre/pixi and gpu access
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    We already talked about this today:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...announced.html
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvigilante1 View Post
    Do you think there will be a big announcement at CES now that 1.3.5 has been released? If there is one hopefully they will add calendar search and itunes syncing.
    1. their are already calendar search options
    2. itunes sync is dead and the funeral was awhile ago.
    if you want to use itunes buy a ****ing ipod or iphone stop wanting palm to fix it who cares!!
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    I just noticed in the Adobe video showing off Flash 10.1 the corners were rounded in the browser and camera apps.

Flash Platform in Action - Flash Player 10.1 on the Palm Pre | Adobe TV
    + 1
    - Jeff
    Palm Pre- and a 32 GB TouchPad.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    +1, forget Itunes, this is PALM.
    OR all of the above plus the "missing" phone form factor...side slider. I'd be ALL over that because it is my favorite and most usable keypad design, unfortunately most of them were WinMo (bleeech!) or Symbian and useless to me. I came from the Treo's but I have to admit I'm spoiled by the 3.1 inch screen over the 2.4 on the Treos.

If they did go vert-slider like the Droid, Palm would truly have dominance as the remaining keyboard complaints would be eliminated. If they based it off the Pixi body, they could feasibly go 4 inches on the screen with the full slider coming from under! (man, i'm starting to drool here. lol)
    i saw this page too. i am really excited!
    you sold your soul when you started using itunes and promised to always use apple products.

didn't know that? Well then switch to zune now.
Page 1 of 16 12345611 ... LastLast