Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Never going to happen. For those with a short memory, licensing out the original Palm OS led to some of the company's largest issues:

During the "good" years of Palm OS, licensing 'only' led to Palm being shown up by Sony on every single device.

During the bad years, licensing led to the biggest mistake in the company's history, spinning off the software end into a separate company so that licensees (who shortly after dropped Palm OS anyway) wouldn't have a disadvantage. This led to Palm having no control over the OS in their devices, and more importantly, huge stumbles such as Cobalt.
    I had never thought of the first point (the second, I had), but you're spot on.
    I went from a Palm III, to a III Plus, and my next three devices were non-Palm branded (TRG/Handera and Sony). As a matter of fact, I was only lured back to Palm because a Treo 270 was given to me (and I did like the phone addition).
    The Zune HD has a way more powerful GPU...
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    With all this new support coming,
    how long should it be until we see streams of apis and apps?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sethiathome View Post
    The Zune HD has a way more powerful GPU...
    Apropos of what?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    HERE is a link to sign up for notification of availability of Flash 10.1 Beta for Pre. I only went through the first couple of pages of this thread. So excuse me if this link has been offered earlier.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Here's what I believe will be announced at CES:
    • Added Carriers Verizon and possibly AT&T and/or T-Mobile later in the year
    • Slightly Improved Hardware More memory, Pixi WiFi
    They haven't even started yet, and looks llike I got the first two
    They haven't even started yet, and looks llike I got the first two
    Come on, man, those weren't even stretches. Let's see if you get your Cappuccino maker prediction right... Personally, I doubt it, but we'll see.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Come on, man, those weren't even stretches. Let's see if you get your Cappuccino maker prediction right... Personally, I doubt it, but we'll see.
    Hey now, I thoght the AT&T prediction was pretty good...
    Hey now, I thoght the AT&T prediction was pretty good...
    I suppose...
    ... I think they're san****ging us.
    Mostly unrelated to the thread, but I just noticed the system me.
    For the record, the compound word that combines sand and bag, or in this case, sand bagging, isn't an inappropriate word.

From Dictonary.com:

To downplay or misrepresent one's ability in order to deceive someone, especially in gambling.
    sand'bag'ger n.

I do realize that the last letter of sand, and the first three letters of bagging makes for a common inappropriate word, but it never occurred to me until I saw the post after the fact.

Oh, and .... sheesh!!!
    OK, I went back and looked... What "Cappuccino maker prediction"? I couldn't find it. I don't even drink coffee... (even though my wife orders so many "decaf mocha misto grande with two squirts and whipped cream" at so many area Starbucks that I've proposed they just rename it to "The Gini" and save us all some time and trouble) (I still don't even know "two scoops of what, but it always seems to work when I order it).
    OK, I went back and looked... What "Cappuccino maker prediction"? I couldn't find it. I don't even drink coffee... (even though my wife orders so many "decaf mocha misto grande with two squirts and whipped cream" at so many area Starbucks that I've proposed they just rename it to "The Gini" and save us all some time and trouble) (I still don't even know "two scoops of what, but it always seems to work when I order it).
    You didn't _actually_ go back and look, did you?

And I think you're mixing your measurements. "Two scoops" is the number of raisins in a box of Raisin Bran. You meant you don't know what "two squirts" are of, which I don't know either. Seems like you'd need to specify _something_, or who knows what you'll end up with.

By the way, is it 11:00am tomorrow morning yet?
    I can't believe Palm still hasn't come up with a useful facebook app. Which market are they aiming for? Not gamers, not social networkers, certainly not business people...it seems as though everything is just a little too half-*** with this company, but we will see tomorrow if they blow the doors off the competition. Let's cross our fingers.
    it's two scoops of "whatever it is don't make loud sounds or annoy her" till she's had it. I know it well.
    Apropos of what?

I thought I replied to a guy talking about the Unreal Engine coming to webos for sure, now that android is out of the way .
    As Delmar O'Donnell said: "I'm with you fellas."
    I don't mean to be telling stories outta school, but there is a man in there that'll pay you $10 if you sing into his can
    It's just been announced, the new PrePlus BB (Big Button)

FEATURE LIST
    • 160 GB, expandible to 1TB

• Flash 12

• Huge Crackberry like Center Button

• Voice Dialing & Recording

• GPU for Gaming

• HD 1080p Video Recorder

• 3D (Glasses Included)

• Connections with your very own 10' Avatar (Color of your choice)

Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by beachboy View Post
    It's just been announced, the new PrePlus BB (Big Button)

FEATURE LIST
    • 160 GB, expandible to 1TB

• Flash 12

• Huge Crackberry like Center Button

• Voice Dialing & Recording

• GPU for Gaming

• HD 1080p Video Recorder

• 3D (Glasses Included)

• Connections with your very own 10' Avatar (Color of your choice)

Love it. I want one. When will it be available and is it exclusive to Sprint for 6 months?

But the BB at the end of the name my confuse some into thinking that BB stand for Blackberry.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Originally Posted by hparsons

Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    it's two scoops of "whatever it is don't make loud sounds or annoy her" till she's had it. I know it well.
    two "squirts" or two "scoops"?

The squirts usually don't annoy 'em ......
    Here is my prediction posted in another thread

There will be nothing earth shattering there. It will just be the Verizon / ATT announcement. Some more International carriers will be announced. WebOS 1.5 or 2.0 will be previewed with native SDK, Flash, Open GL, video recording and mostly stuff we know about.

Palm can not announce any new hardware because of their current carrier situation. You can rest assured that there will be a new device in June even though they can't announce it yet for fear of killing their sales on Verizon and ATT of the Pre and Pixi.

No matter what they announce, one thing you can take to the bank is that this board will be filled with threads of people complaining and moaning. This just seems to be the type of user that the new Palm attracts. Many people around here would complain if they were hung with new rope.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast