Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    AT&T launching webOS device! -- Engadget

updated: Ralph de la Vega just announced that AT&T will have not one but two webOS devices in the first half of 2010! And... that's all we have for now, but you know we're digging for more. Stay tuned, friends. Stay tuned.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Wow. That's news. And it's essentially "free" for Palm--now they can concentrate on everything else tomorrow.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    I didn't expect the ATT announcement until the Spring but that is huge. I expect them to release a couple hundred new apps, Unreal Engine running on WebOs, improvements to WebOS (GPU and so forth) and Verizon and ATT deals.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Nice! expected Verizon before At&t but good new none the less!
    I think Verizon and AT&T will probably both get the Pre and Pixi around the same time, right as the exclusivity ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by illskill View Post
    Nice! expected Verizon before At&t but good new none the less!
    I think Verizon will release before AT&T. AT&T just stole a little bit of the thunder (or, added some additional buzz, depending on whether you're a glass half full or half empty type person).
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    ok so palm talk is at 7pm uk time, what about the actual event start time?
    The TWIT network is going to be doing live streaming stuff from CES. Not sure if they plan on covering the Palm announcments. You can use the TWIT.TV app on your phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Here's what I believe will be announced at CES:
    • Added Carriers Verizon and possibly AT&T and/or T-Mobile later in the year
    Since someone is keeping score...

Ralph de la Vega: AT&T launching two webOS devices! -- Engadget
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    I think Verizon will release before AT&T. AT&T just stole a little bit of the thunder (or, added some additional buzz, depending on whether you're a glass half full or half empty type person).
    yeah you're probably right.. Its a good thing for us the consumer...
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    This means a lot more $$$ in Palm's coffers. That should allow a lot more development for WebOS!!!
    i think the show starts at 2:30am GMT starts with Bill Gates Keynote goes out live, i think im right, thanks guys
    AT&T launching webOS device! -- Engadget

updated: Ralph de la Vega just announced that AT&T will have not one but two webOS devices in the first half of 2010! And... that's all we have for now, but you know we're digging for more. Stay tuned, friends. Stay tuned.
    So if Verizon has indeed ordered 400,000 units (as rumored); how many units would you guess that AT&T is ordering?
    In addition to what others have said, I think there will be a hint at a 3rd palm device. I am not sure if a new device will be demoed or not. I will laugh if Palm announces a new WebOS device a few days before Apple announces a next gen iPhone though. I love how Palm hitched a ride on the Apple media machine.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    In addition to what others have said, I think there will be a hint at a 3rd palm device. I am not sure if a new device will be demoed or not. I will laugh if Palm announces a new WebOS device a few days before Apple announces a next gen iPhone though. I love how Palm hitched a ride on the Apple media machine.
    Jeff Rubin already said in their 4Q conference call that they are sticking to 2 devices for the foreseeable future.

And Apple's conference isn't until the 27th of January, which is 3 weeks away, which would debunk the second part of your idea. The conference is also for the new Tablet, not a new iPhone. iPhone would be announced in June, like all the other iPhones have been.
    Palm will release a 16gb Pre... and tease a hardware refresh for later this year.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Siraris View Post
    Jeff Rubin already said in their 4Q conference call that they are sticking to 2 devices for the foreseeable future.
    He also said that they will be talking about the upcoming 1.3.5 update at CES. I suspect that there was a decent amount of smoke and mirrors in that conference call to defect some of the bad news that Palm was announcing. The fact is Palm cannot only talk about 1.3.5 in CES, they need to do a lot more. The same is true about their hardware. Currently it is good, but it needs to get better. And foreseeable future is a really soft phrase. For all we know that could mean for the next month we plan on sticking to two devices. I mean if the Pre and Pixi plus are actually being released, then we will have 4 devices running around. All of this leads me to believe a next gen WebOS device is being developed.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    Instantaneous teleportation via a WebOS app.

It's still a bit glitchy though. The teleportation process causes temporary incontinence...so don't expect a demo of it at CES, just an announcement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Habious View Post
    ...It's still a bit glitchy though. The teleportation process causes temporary incontinence....
    Also may cause jock itch....
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    He also said that they will be talking about the upcoming 1.3.5 update at CES. I suspect that there was a decent amount of smoke and mirrors in that conference call to defect some of the bad news that Palm was announcing. The fact is Palm cannot only talk about 1.3.5 in CES, they need to do a lot more. The same is true about their hardware. Currently it is good, but it needs to get better. And foreseeable future is a really soft phrase. For all we know that could mean for the next month we plan on sticking to two devices. I mean if the Pre and Pixi plus are actually being released, then we will have 4 devices running around. All of this leads me to believe a next gen WebOS device is being developed.
    Well, ol' Rube might be clever like a fox. Consider: 1.3.5 adds in the ability to support the GPU and native apps in a variety of ways. So, simply saying that they'll be talking about 1.3.5 could open up a whole host of things to talk about. At the same time, Pre/Pixi Plus devices with more memory would mean virtually no changes to WebOS and nothing new to support--not really four different devices running around, but just two (with some just a little more buff than others).

I'm leaning towards an all-WebOS and -carrier announcement. And that's not to minimize things, because I think Palm is going to have some very cool things to talk about.

In general, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that by the time tomorrow is over, we'll have WebOS being the platform with the most numerous and flexible ways to develop/port applications for it.
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast