Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    LoL... great comment. Seriously, there's a reason I carry around a smartphone. I don't need 20 devices anymore. Now I just need 15 Hopefully smartphone cameras will eventually be usable as a primary use camera and battery life with get much better and that'll take away my need for a few more.
    what, the ipod touch dosn't sell? It's basically a PDA.
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    yeah, i'd say given the amount of storage, it's more PDA than media player. my iPod classic will always be with me until my phone has 120gigs of storage
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    The ipod touch is a PDA? uh, since when? I don't think apple would even claim that. Its an Ipod.. just like the name says. It plays music, first and foremost. It happens to have a lot of iphone type functionality, but its not meant to be a PDA. Calendar/To Do list/Notes/etc type functionality wasn't added 'til MUCH later. If you use it as a PDA, more power to u, but I just consider it a general media device.
    Quote Originally Posted by trojandrew View Post
    among the things you guys already mentioned (mainly opengl, flash, native apps, video recording), something i really want to see in 2010 is a real high end handset (uber screen, chipset) with WiMax. i doubt we'll see something like that but right now that's one of my big things i want to see hardware-wise.
    this.
    Yah, I sort of meant they could release an "itouch" type device but then again, palm is not really a music platform company.

But since they used to be a PDA company.

How about a music platform? People are always complaining that is the best solution to the itunes debacle.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Quote Originally Posted by forrest09 View Post
    you all are arguin about frikken a@@ itunes when hello we just watched a video of OUR phone running frikken flasH!!!!! =) =) =) HOLY SHIIITEEE!!!!! =) whos with me in saying next week pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee =)
    Well I can tell you what that video wasn't recorded with.

Please Palm, add in video recording

---dcross9818
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    If I see one more person ask for itunes support.....

Well nevermind. I already lost all faith in humanity Nov 08.

try nov 04
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ78 View Post
    If you have played Quake or Doom you would know that the gpu support has been improved. This is kind of a big deal.
    I thought that the Doom and Quake apps were still not using the gpu and only running on cpu.
    palm shouldn't announce anything to do with hardware. The pre has only just been released, no need to supersede it already. They will need to improve the software and tick off the major missing software elements.

GPU - for OS and apps.
    Native SDK.
    MSN Messenger.
    well we will all know soon enough what Palm has in mind!
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    IMHO, this market is crowded, ths new product is always important, so I think palm should definitely offer both hardware and software refresh.

I think Palm need to lay out Pre2 or Pre3 (however you want to call it), show a industry model if needed, it should have significant change compare to current Pre, glass surface? SD slot? different shape?

a PDA would definitely good IMO, of course palm should have better idea about if its financially sound.

there will be a lot on software side. GPU accessibility, native SDK, video/audio recorder, etc, etc.

As Pre users, will will enjoy all the software benefit, and people should understand palm need attention from the public to survive.

Luckily, with sprint and with Pre, most owners should have the option to upgrade in just 12 months if anything much better were to come out.
    Here's what I believe will be announced at CES:
    • Added Carriers Verizon and possibly AT&T and/or T-Mobile later in the year
    • Slightly Improved Hardware More memory, Pixi WiFi
    • Touchstone Accessories Hopefully a car charger, but I believe we'll see other things as well
    • Expanded API I've become pretty well convinced that they will announced API calls that will address additional functionality, including the GPU, from WebOS. This will be the "big announcement".
    • Lots of Demos showing off new capabilities, including (I believe) the "not possible" Need for Speed demo
    • New Apps & Vendor Partnerships Including Flash, Docs to Go, and a host of others. I believe we'll see 2000 apps by the end of the month.
    I'd love to see a pda with some sort of native voip.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    they won't do a horizontal slider
    People want big screens.

Big screens need horizontal sliders.

Palm is digging its own grave by not doing this.
    I read this (below) for a second time and i ask me : Wich mobile company/platform hasn't yet his Press-Conference to show this stuff ? maybe Palm ?

at AnandTech: Epic Demonstrates Unreal Engine 3 for the iPod Touch/iPhone 3GS

They wrote:
    'I got together with Mark Rein last week and he showed me an Unreal Engine 3 tech demo running on a 3rd generation iPod Touch. The same Unreal Engine 3 that powers Gears of War 2, running on an iPod Touch. The engine also works on the iPhone 3GS, and Mark tells me that we’ll see it on another mobile platform at CES (hmm...).'
    I would like to see, down the road of course, Palm use an oled screen, so that it would be flexable and coudl roll up.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    • Touchstone Accessories Hopefully a car charger, but I believe we'll see other things as well
    • Expanded API I've become pretty well convinced that they will announced API calls that will address additional functionality, including the GPU, from WebOS. This will be the "big announcement".
    • Lots of Demos showing off new capabilities, including (I believe) the "not possible" Need for Speed demo
    • New Apps & Vendor Partnerships Including Flash, Docs to Go, and a host of others. I believe we'll see 2000 apps by the end of the month.

It's good to see a firm prediction from Hparsons. Not normal but welcome. I don't think there will be 2k apps by end of the month and if you're other predictions come true I don't think the analysts will react favorably. That does not mean these are not great improvements for developers and by extension consumers. It just that the wow factor is not there. Unless of course Palm can improve the way it markets/spins these capabilities/improvements to the analysts and general public.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I'd rather see improved core apps, some missing features like recording, and of course new hardware. Though i know enabling the GPU sets the foundation. Personally, i could care less about NFS demos.
    hi guys im from the uk and wanted to no how i can watch ces 2010 live, mainly the palm pre rant, but would love to watch the whole thing, any1?
    also does anyone no the time that ces starts at here in the uk and what time the palm talk is scheduled, thankyou
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    Remember that the first half of 2010 runs through July. Don't get too excited just yet.
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast