Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    they won't do a horizontal slider
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    I think GPU and OpenGL support are more exciting than Skype and MSN SUPPORT. But I think the latter should be put at higher priority for Plam, because they have immediate impact to users.

I would be happy if we see 2 or 3 native accelerated games in the 2nd half of 2010. I would like to see Flash support in the first half of 2010 and more service supports coming regularly.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    they won't do a horizontal slider
    Link?
    Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ78 View Post
    1. their are already calendar search options
    Yes, to be sure, the homebrew apps (Google Calender Search and Agenda) offer welcome solutions to Palm's complete lack of any calender search function. But, the former is data dependent, and the latter, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $only$ $searches$ $forward$. $Even$ $if$ $one$ $could$ $squeeze$ $more$ $functionality$ $out$ $of$ $these$ $and$ $future$ $homebrew$ $calender$ $search$ $apps$, $didn$'$t$ $Palm$ $promise$ $us$ &$quot$;Universal Search"????

DISCLAIMER

IF READING CRITICAL POSTS ABOUT PALM AND/OR WEBOS WHICH ARE, BY ANY MEASURE, LESS THAN LAUDATORY THUS CONSTITUTING AN OFFENSE TO THE READER AKIN TO AN INSULT TO HIS WIFE OR MOTHER, PLEASE PUT EEKINSMAN ON IGNORE AND UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES OR LEGAL THEORY SHALL EEKINSMAN, HIS FAMILY, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, LICENSEES, OR ASSIGNS, EITHER JOINTLY OR SEVERALY, BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR OTHER LOSS OF ANY KIND, RELATING TO YOUR FRAGILE, UNUSUAL, UNHEALTHY AND ODD PREDILECTION TO PROTECT PALM AND/OR WEBOS FROM NEGATIVE POSTS.

TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY PRECENTRAL, THE WORDS AND CONTENT OF THIS POST, INCLUDING THOSE IN THIS DISCLAIMER, ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE A RANT AGAINST PALM AND/OR WEBOS AND DO NOT REFLECT THE POSTER’S HATRED FOR PALM.

THE POSTER HEREBY DISCLAIMS AND DISAVOWS AND DOES NOT ENDORSE OR SPONSOR OR AGREE WITH SENSELESS THREADS AND POSTS INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, “‘I’M LEAVING FOR THE DROID’ ‘PALM SUCKS’ APPLE RULES’ THE PRE IS THE WORST PHONE EVER’ AND ALL OTHER OF SIMILAR ILK WHICH BY THEIR NATURE TREAT THE PALM PRE AS ANYTHING BUT PRECIOUS.
    PalmOS Treos: 90/300/600/650/700/755/launch day Pre minus/ Evo/Epic
    HI, I have a few things to add.

From all I have read, I think the V version will be a little larger, thus giving us a slightly larger keyboard and less flimsy one. I also think there will be a faster chip in the V phone. If so all I can say to sprint, is that being #1 sometimes is not all it is cracked up to be.

I also think a slightly larger phone will give them room for a larger battery, with more staying power. I would think the upgraded webOS will work better and make the battery last longer as well.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    HI, I have a few things to add.

From all I have read, I think the V version will be a little larger, thus giving us a slightly larger keyboard and less flimsy one. I also think there will be a faster chip in the V phone. If so all I can say to sprint, is that being #1 sometimes is not all it is cracked up to be.

I also think a slightly larger phone will give them room for a larger battery, with more staying power. I would think the upgraded webOS will work better and make the battery last longer as well.
    it will be the same phone with more memory is all !! thats it in my opinion of course, but hey you can dream i wont stop ya lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I would like to see a full touchscreen phone. would be nice to see palm release one.
    "I would like to see a full touchscreen phone. would be nice to see palm release one. "

???? Um, the pre....
    ^^^ The pre isn't full touch screen. The keyboard is required for a lot of functions. Highlighting text is the one major thing that comes to mind. Although I think that a future device (or maybe a patch for the Pre/Pixi) can see holding the gesture area work the same way as the option/orange key. ie: Hold gesture area, swipe screen to highlight text, etc.

As much as I'd like to see Palm release a third webOS phone with a larger screen. I think it might be at least another 6 months if not longer before we see another handset launch.

This week at CES I expect the announcement of 3D gaming, the Pre/Pixi on Verizon and a demo (or full announcement) of Flash enabled web browsing.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by willxcore View Post
    ^^^ The pre isn't full touch screen. The keyboard is required for a lot of functions. Highlighting text is the one major thing that comes to mind. Although I think that a future device (or maybe a patch for the Pre/Pixi) can see holding the gesture area work the same way as the option/orange key. ie: Hold gesture area, swipe screen to highlight text, etc.
    Palm will never make a phone that does not have a keyboard. Im happy with the speed Palm is moving with webos. Whatever news they have will be good news.
    Quote Originally Posted by cjay4046 View Post
    Palm will never make a phone that does not have a keyboard. Im happy with the speed Palm is moving with webos. Whatever news they have will be good news.
    x2!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

i think we will see
    flash
    gpu support
    games
    speed boost in webos
    video recorder
    ares
    native apps
    verizon pre- i really have no clue what it could have
    hope we cpu scaling before anything to improve battery life
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvigilante1 View Post
    Do you think there will be a big announcement at CES now that 1.3.5 has been released? If there is one hopefully they will add calendar search and itunes syncing.
    itunes sync?!
    palm already said they aren't to do anymore "fixes" on that front
    I don't think they'll be unveiling one at CES, but I'm totally in the camp that loves full touchscreen, landscape (horizontal) sliders. Blackberrys, Palm's entire lineup, those keyboards just don't do it for me.

I don't do one handed typing enough (which is the only real benefit I can see for a portrait [vertical] keyboard) that I would give up a horizontal keyboard for a vertical one. Besides, for just about any situation I can think of (even driving), I don't see it being dire enough that I would so much rather type one handed (on any QWERTY) than waiting until I had a spare moment (red light?) and quickly banging out whatever small text message I needed to send with two hands anyway.

Maybe it's just me, but really I can't imagine being able to touch type on a QWERTY keyboard with one hand (without looking at the screen of course [under a table/desk, while driving, etc etc etc]). I find it doable (with some practice) on a basic 0-9 keypad because with the right phone, you can put your thumb on the center button and then just go one key in each direction (as long as you can remember how many presses it takes per key for each letter, which again, not very hard at all once you do it enough). You can't pull off that same easy "feel/touch" method when you have 26+ individual keys on a QWERTY keypad.
    Last edited by Robrain; 01/04/2010 at 12:58 AM. Reason: If a MOD sees this, please feel free to delete this double reply.
    among the things you guys already mentioned (mainly opengl, flash, native apps, video recording), something i really want to see in 2010 is a real high end handset (uber screen, chipset) with WiMax. i doubt we'll see something like that but right now that's one of my big things i want to see hardware-wise.

i wants mah 4G!
    Yeah, it seems that while Palm has the Pre as their flagship phone, the hardware isn't actually comparable to the newest stuff that the other REAL high end handsets for other mobile OS's are including.

It's a bit like comparing the PS3 or XBox360 vs. the Nintendo Wii (equivalent of Palm's Pre in this comparison).

It's still a great system and it works, but it's not nearly as powerful as the other competitors.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Warblad13 View Post
    itunes sync?!
    palm already said they aren't to do anymore "fixes" on that front
    I believe that they just didn't address it in the last couple updates, which (indirectly) said this, but they've never officially said it ended.

Close enough, I think everyone (I know I have) has moved on.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cjay4046 View Post
    I thought and heard the same thing about RIM ... until the Storm dropped.
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast