Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516 LastLast
    That's what the other phones do.
    Quote Originally Posted by laelipoo View Post
    Still, it's an option. Sprint doesn't even ALLOW it.
    It's ususally way too overpriced anyway. $30/month for something you might need for a few hours a year is ridiculous.

A trick on ATT is to add the feature through their web page, use it, and then cancel it within 24 hours. Repeat as service is needed. (Shhhhhhh :-) )
    No multiplayer on monopoly I can see my wife and I playing that against each other while I am at work. Might take a couple days to get through a game, but it'd be fun.

That asphalt game looks slick. Can't wait to see some reviews.

My wife is totally stoked about the sims. It's so CRAZY...we have REAL games!!!
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    holy crap. I just bought Asphault 5 and it is a 214MB download. You might have to wait a while for that review.

I bought it after reading on iphone forums that it was better than NFS.
    Quote Originally Posted by drizek View Post
    What? Do you expect me to be happy about the fact that Palm has not done anything about one of the most glaring problems of WebOS?
    I think "not done anything" is something of a mis-statement. That they didn't announce what they've done, and what they may do in the future about that particular problem may be disappointing, but hardly unexpected.

However, what I saw was a complaint about the fact that the Pre Plus is getting more RAM (which may even be incorrect, at that).

Seriously, another device getting something your device doesnt' have, doesn't make your device suddenly worse than it was...

Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    I'm still happy with my Pre post Pre Plus announcement.
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter
    Is NFS (Need for Speed) getting posted today? I don't see it there yet?

Rob

PS Very happy with the announcements today!
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    Why would it be difficult? Instead of the CPU rendering the cards and doing transitions, have the GPU do it. Seems to me that all that would be needed would be to tweak the code to call the appropriate libraries and pass the parameters to them.

I'm sure I've oversimplified that, but I still don't see it being extremely difficult.
    It is a pretty serious undertaking because the OS was not originally written in that manner.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laze View Post
    I'm still happy with my Pre post Pre Plus announcement.
    Amen bro :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Is NFS (Need for Speed) getting posted today? I don't see it there yet?

Rob

PS Very happy with the announcements today!
    It's there now. $10 smackers. Anyone try it yet?
    Descriptions are unclear. Anyone know if any of the new board games (Monopoly, Scrabble, etc) same-handset multiplayer? Might be fun on a plane w/ kids...
    Downloading NFS now...
    11:24: Tetis, Monoplogy, sims3, rock band

does that mean the pre is getting a rock band app HOLY **** i love you palm. I can't wait!
    NFS is officially pretty sweet.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Watch CES here:
    You know, if there's one little thing that surprises me, it's that all of the new 3D games today cost money.

If it was me and I was EA or Palm or maybe both, I'd put out Monopoly or one of the simpler ones out for free, to show off the power of the device for everyone who wasn't religiously following the presentation, and then later on they could always charge for the "Here & Now" edition or whatever.

Seems like it'd help push the platform more to get everyone trying at least one of the new PDK games.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    You know, if there's one little thing that surprises me, it's that all of the new 3D games today cost money.

If it was me and I was EA or Palm or maybe both, I'd put out Monopoly or one of the simpler ones out for free, to show off the power of the device for everyone who wasn't religiously following the presentation, and then later on they could always charge for the "Here & Now" edition or whatever.

Seems like it'd help push the platform more to get everyone trying at least one of the new PDK games.
    If I'm not mistaken, EA has never been one to undercharge.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, EA has never been one to undercharge.
    Good point.
    off topic, but how do certain people have pictures under their user name?
    Quote Originally Posted by kilkennym27 View Post
    off topic, but how do certain people have pictures under their user name?
    If you go into the User CP, you can add an avatar, just make sure it follows the size limits. Those are posted on the same page.
    LG Rumor -> HTC Touch -> Palm Pixi -> Palm Pre+ (if they ever bring it to Sprint)