Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516 LastLast
    wow! What a day! I'm pretty excited about february and I looking forward to flash coming VERY soon! Hopefully today?
    Quote Originally Posted by drizek View Post
    ****ing bull****.

The verizon pre has twice as much RAM.

Thats why the demo wasnt lagging. Now im ****ed.

I'm still getting Too Many Cards errors with just one card open. Palm should be fixing their software to be more efficient.
    Ahhh yes, the complaining begins...
    When do we get NFS and Sims?
    --Marvin
    Quote Originally Posted by ndraiden View Post
    twice the ram? hold on where did they say that? all i kno its twice the memory
    its just a 16gig pre with no white button. verizon will charge you monthly to tether and we can all download mytether and tether on sprint anyway.. I wouldnt jump the gun and go switch for a pre plus people. On the other hand everything palm just did is awsome! i am very happy now!
    Quote Originally Posted by FliedLice View Post
    "dieterbohn: More RAM, in other words"

ah....must have missed it. In either case im not to ****ed off as every single one of these annoucements will drastically advance WebOS. Gah damn I love WebOS!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    its just a 16gig pre with no white button. verizon will charge you monthly to tether and we can all download mytether and tether on sprint anyway.. I wouldnt jump the gun and go switch for a pre plus people. On the other hand everything palm just did is awsome! i am very happy now!
    Twice the RAM too = better games performance and more cards open.

As for MyTether, it currently requires patching and also supposedly causes issues with SDL stuff, and has been known to cause issues in the past. Something officially supported would be much better.

It's not a huge deal that it's exclusive to Verizon since we can't upgrade till June anyway, but still.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    you sold your soul when you started using itunes and promised to always use apple products.

didn't know that? Well then switch to zune now.
    Frak zune. Get a sansa :-)

Seriously, though ... any player that you can put rockbox on is fine, including some ipods. I have a sansa e200r myself.

Rockbox - Open Source Jukebox Firmware

I prefer a cheap device to my phone for music while camping, sweating at the gym, in any situation I can drop the thing, etc. And rockbox does it better than the phone likely ever will.
    I'm really not complaining, but I really hope that Palm rewards us early adopters (and Sprint) by making the Pre Plus available on Sprint this summer.

Still, great stuff from the presentation. I'm hoping that Flash will make a Slingplayer option come quicker.
    damnit it really has twice the ram?? Personally i have never gotten the too many cards open error but when all these cool games come out someone will have to do a comparison on youtube so we can see how much better the pre plus really runs. Im gonna bet that verizon only has pre plus exlusive for a short amount of time anyway. I dont see there being a benifit for palm having 2 different pre's manufactured just for these changes.
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Ahhh yes, the complaining begins...
    What? Do you expect me to be happy about the fact that Palm has not done anything about one of the most glaring problems of WebOS?
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by semprini View Post
    I'm really not complaining, but I really hope that Palm rewards us early adopters (and Sprint) by making the Pre Plus available on Sprint this summer.

Still, great stuff from the presentation. I'm hoping that Flash will make a Slingplayer option come quicker.
    I think us Sprint customers will get the Pre 2 in the summer, probably along with AT&T, seeing as how ATT hasn't announced that they will be getting either the Pixi or the Pre.
    These are very welcome changes and will finally make WebOS a serious platform. It remains to be seen whether the developers will bite, but this is a very good step in the right direction for Palm.
    The one thing I want to really know wasn't mentioned. Will 1.4 support the WebOS itself using the GPU?
    Was wondering that myself. I'd guess that's possible, since they said 1.4 will have performance and battery updates, and I'd think both of those are related to using the gpu for graphics instead of the cpu, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtygreek View Post
    Was wondering that myself. I'd guess that's possible, since they said 1.4 will have performance and battery updates, and I'd think both of those are related to using the gpu for graphics instead of the cpu, right?
    From the PDK site:

JavaScript, CSS and the PDK

The PDK offers access to some capabilities like accelerated OpenGL-powered 3D graphics that are not currently exposed to applications built entirely with web technologies.

However, we are hard at work delivering similar capabilities to all webOS applications. While we are not yet ready to announce our specific SDK plans in this area, we are closely tracking the rapid evolution of browser capabilities based on emerging standards, such as WebGL, CSS Transforms, and O3D for 3D graphics, and we are enormously excited about their potential to revolutionize the web.

You can expect us to aggressively implement the best of these and other similar forward-looking web standards, proposed web standards, and other extensions designed to expose native device capabilities to webOS applications.
    Sims is 9.99 in the App catalog NOW
    --Marvin
    Yeah, still no NFS, but they do have "Asphalt 5" and some other 3d titles.
    Apshalt Look pretty nice... I dont know if Imma buy it
    --Marvin
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    Almost certainly not. Getting GPU support for the interface itself is extremely difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by drizek View Post
    Almost certainly not. Getting GPU support for the interface itself is extremely difficult.
    Why would it be difficult? Instead of the CPU rendering the cards and doing transitions, have the GPU do it. Seems to me that all that would be needed would be to tweak the code to call the appropriate libraries and pass the parameters to them.

I'm sure I've oversimplified that, but I still don't see it being extremely difficult.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.