1.    #1  
    Hello everyone!

I have a very small data plan and would like to do most of my stuff over wifi, but whenever the screen turns black, standby mode I guess, it seems to disconnect. Is there a way to keep the connection at all times (which it seems to be doing while charing)?

I have webOs 1.3.1
    thanks
    yes update to 1.3.5! The wifi stay on!
  3.    #3  
    Great! No update yet, have a german pre!
    But thx for the info.
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe if you go into your phone app and then in the drop down menu at the top left and tap on "Preferences" you can turn OFF your data. Then turn on your wifi. If your phone data is turned off while wifi is on then the wifi will stay on even when the phone is sleeping.

Good luck! Once 1.3.5 hits in Germany you won't have to worry about it anymore.
  5.    #5  
    Seems to be working that way, at least wifi is on all the time.
    Thx for helping.
    Having wifi on all the time will kill your battery very fast.
  7. ird
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayasinskiy View Post
    I disagree. I keep wifi on all the time, even when I'm not in range of a hotspot. My battery is no better or worse than with it off.
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayasinskiy View Post
    Not True. Wifi uses LESS power than 3G. If you are using Wifi, your 3G connection is turned off so your battery will last LONGER using Wifi.
    Last edited by kd0axs; 01/10/2010 at 11:09 AM. Reason: typo
    Quote Originally Posted by kd0axs View Post
    Not True. Wifi uses LESS power than 3G. If you are using Wifi, your 3G connection is turned off so your battery will last LONGER using Wifi.
    wasnt true before but is now with 1.3.5

i used to leave wifi on when at home and it would last longer than 3G....after 1.3.5, I left wifi on for 3 hours the other day, drained the phone from 80% to 18%
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    I leave my wifi on all the time. Didn't have any battery issues on 1.3.5 and haven't had any on 1.3.5.1.
    Turned off my data, left my wifi on at home with the phone charged to 100%, went to bed and 10 hrs later, the battery was at 90%. I say that's pretty good.
    "Turned off my data, left my wifi on at home with the phone charged to 100%, went to bed and 10 hrs later, the battery was at 90%. I say that's pretty good. "

You sleep too much