Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32
  1.    #1  
    I see many complaining about the Pre and here's what i've gotta say.
    I will agree that the build quality on the Pre is bad, i've replaced my Pre twice. Once for Oreo and the second because I scratched it and I didn't like the scratch.
    I used to have an iPhone prior to this and the build quality was great, but I got my iPhone replaced 6 times. the POS would crash, lose all my data all my apps. It got to the point where I only used it as a phone and that's it. I went to the Pre and have had problems but the OS updates have fixed most of these for me.

    Here's what I'm over, everyone saying that the Android device is the best thing since sliced bread. Well then you must like rotting bread.
    A few weeks ago a borrowed an HTC Hero to see what all the hype was about and I must say after a day of use I really missed my Pre. Things such as Multi-Tasking, Gestures, WiFi on while in Airplane mode are things that the Hero does not offer. Basically I feel as if the Hero wants to be too much like an iPhone. If I would have left my iPhone and gone straight to the Hero I would be happy, but I wasn't so after a week I ditched the Hero and went back to my Pre.

    Basically if you don't like the Pre going to the Android forums or the Apple forums where everyone will agree with you. No one cares here, most who own a Pre already know what's wrong with it. Just like PC vs Mac, as much as I love my PC it has problems and as much as people love Macs there will always be a 3 day wait to have my wifes Mac repaired.
  2. urkel's Avatar
    Posts
    944 Posts
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    #2  
    It seems you care way too much about the personal choices of complete strangers.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    It seems you care way too much about the personal choices of complete strangers.
    I think he cares more about having to wade through the complaints on this forum to get to the actual information and discussions.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    It seems you care way too much about the personal choices of complete strangers.
    It's not that. It's because every other post is complaints about the same issues. I don't mind people complaining, but it really clutters up the forums, IMHO.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by djorijun View Post
    I see many complaining about the Pre and here's what i've gotta say.
    I will agree that the build quality on the Pre is bad, i've replaced my Pre twice. Once for Oreo and the second because I scratched it and I didn't like the scratch.
    I used to have an iPhone prior to this and the build quality was great, but I got my iPhone replaced 6 times. the POS would crash, lose all my data all my apps. It got to the point where I only used it as a phone and that's it. I went to the Pre and have had problems but the OS updates have fixed most of these for me.

    Here's what I'm over, everyone saying that the Android device is the best thing since sliced bread. Well then you must like rotting bread.
    A few weeks ago a borrowed an HTC Hero to see what all the hype was about and I must say after a day of use I really missed my Pre. Things such as Multi-Tasking, Gestures, WiFi on while in Airplane mode are things that the Hero does not offer. Basically I feel as if the Hero wants to be too much like an iPhone. If I would have left my iPhone and gone straight to the Hero I would be happy, but I wasn't so after a week I ditched the Hero and went back to my Pre.

    Basically if you don't like the Pre going to the Android forums or the Apple forums where everyone will agree with you. No one cares here, most who own a Pre already know what's wrong with it. Just like PC vs Mac, as much as I love my PC it has problems and as much as people love Macs there will always be a 3 day wait to have my wifes Mac repaired.
    i am so over the apple f**boys who flood this forum sometimes i go days when i don't even come here because all the BS I'm leaving, this is the worst phone ever, etc......then get a new one!!! and don't come back!!!
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    I think he cares more about having to wade through the complaints on this forum to get to the actual information and discussions.
    Yeah... you can tell by the way he started a new thread to add to the complaints.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Yeah... you can tell by the way he started a new thread to add to the complaints.
    LOL!
    I thought about this after I posted this thread. Maybe there should be a sub forum called complaints. In case we're bored we can go through it.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    It seems you care way too much about the personal choices of complete strangers.
    Actually, I think some people feel way too motivated to voice their complaints to complete strangers.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  9. urkel's Avatar
    Posts
    944 Posts
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Actually, I think some people feel way too motivated to voice their complaints to complete strangers.
    You just described the purpose of a Discussion Forum.

    The difference with the two types of complaints that we see out here (and on any board) is this:

    Group A is complaining about the product that the message board is built around

    Group B is complaining about the complainers because they take personal offense to negativity

    Both sides are emotionally invested in the product, but only one group is actually using the forum the way it is supposed to be used. The subject is the product and not the people using it so if someone is making threads dedicated to "controlling" opinion then they don't understand what a Discussion Forum is for.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    It seems you care way too much about the personal choices of complete strangers.
    And it's nice to see that you care that he cares.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    You just described the purpose of a Discussion Forum....
    Says who?? I've been on this forum for over 6 years, and I can assure you that while there has been some complaining over the years, on this forum it's been much more about helping people with their devices than the b and moaning we see on here.

    Discuss away. The rants we can do without. That's not to say someone has no right to post them. They do (the forum operators give them that right). But then the counter-complainers have the same right.

    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    The difference with the two types of complaints that we see out here (and on any board) is this:

    Group A is complaining about the product that the message board is built around

    Group B is complaining about the complainers because they take personal offense to negativity

    Both sides are emotionally invested in the product, but only one group is actually using the forum the way it is supposed to be used. The subject is the product and not the people using it so if someone is making threads dedicated to "controlling" opinion then they don't understand what a Discussion Forum is for.
    Aside from the fact that you are mis-stating the purpose of this forum, and instead inserting your perceived purpose, you left out some groups:

    Group C is complaining about group B, because they (apparently) take great pleasure in reading complaints about a device they are either financailly unable to part with, or emotionally unable to part with.

    Group D is complaining about Group C, because (at least, in one case) they see a delicious irony in the whole thing

    I could go on, but I think there's a chance you see my point.
  12. Siraris's Avatar
    Posts
    146 Posts
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    #12  
    Whenever I see posts like this, I imagine the poster as a chubby kid wearing oversized sweat pants and a dirty Palm t-shirt standing up in the middle of class and espousing about finally being fed up about X issue that they don't like.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Siraris View Post
    Whenever I see posts like this, I imagine the poster as a chubby kid wearing oversized sweat pants and a dirty Palm t-shirt standing up in the middle of class and espousing about finally being fed up about X issue that they don't like.
    See appropriate modifications:

    Whenever I see posts like this, I imagine the poster as a chubby old guy wearing oversized dockers and a dirty Novell (Palm never gave me any t-shirts) t-shirt standing up in the middle of class and espousing about finally being fed up about X issue that they don't like.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    See appropriate modifications:

    Whenever I see posts like this, I imagine the poster as a chubby old guy wearing oversized dockers and a dirty Novell (Palm never gave me any t-shirts) t-shirt standing up in the middle of class and espousing about finally being fed up about X issue that they don't like.
    I'm actually not chubby I'm not sure if 29 is really considered old but I'll take it.
  15. urkel's Avatar
    Posts
    944 Posts
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Says who?? I've been on this forum for over 6 years, and I can assure you that while there has been some complaining over the years, on this forum it's been much more about helping people with their devices than the b and moaning we see on here.
    As someone with 6 years "experience" with this forum, then you should be fully aware that "b and moaning" is the way people ask for help nowadays. Rather than someone say "Help, my computer has a virus" they say "F M$. Your POS OS sux".

    The way people express themselves may have changed, but the request for help has not. So what is more beneficial for the overall forum and for the person with the problem? Some sympathy and tips about what he can do about it or snotty demeaning remarks about how they need to "shut up and quit clogging the board with your whining".

    All this "Quit complaining" demands just deters people from participating in discussions which is why there is such a high turnover rate in regular forum participants.

    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Aside from the fact that you are mis-stating the purpose of this forum, and instead inserting your perceived purpose, you left out some groups:

    Group C is complaining about group B, because they (apparently) take great pleasure in reading complaints about a device they are either financailly unable to part with, or emotionally unable to part with.

    Group D is complaining about Group C, because (at least, in one case) they see a delicious irony in the whole thing

    I could go on, but I think there's a chance you see my point.
    I bet if you look back at your 6 years of posting here then you were probably a lot nicer and less condescending when you started. The times are changing and nobody is immune.
    Last edited by Urkel; 01/06/2010 at 03:27 PM.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    You just described the purpose of a Discussion Forum.

    The difference with the two types of complaints that we see out here (and on any board) is this:

    Group A is complaining about the product that the message board is built around

    Group B is complaining about the complainers because they take personal offense to negativity

    Both sides are emotionally invested in the product, but only one group is actually using the forum the way it is supposed to be used. The subject is the product and not the people using it so if someone is making threads dedicated to "controlling" opinion then they don't understand what a Discussion Forum is for.
    I've been on this board for over 6 years, reading more than posting. In my opinion, what has changed is that a strange affliction has caught hold of a few which deprives them of the ability to detect the crucial difference between a rant, a troll for another device and genuine critical assessment of the Pre. The latter being important for current and future users and for palm, given the fluid nature of webOS and easy fixes ota. The result of failing to distinguish a rant or troll from a genuine issue is that otherwise useful threads and posts from contributing members are ruined and/or deleted and closed, silly name calling and personal attacks ensue , all to the point where moderators are forced to treat some like children to keep them in line.

    Oh and one more thing check out my...

    ....DISCLAIMER

    IF READING CRITICAL POSTS ABOUT PALM AND/OR WEBOS WHICH ARE, BY ANY MEASURE, LESS THAN LAUDATORY THUS CONSTITUTING AN OFFENSE TO THE READER AKIN TO AN INSULT TO HIS WIFE OR MOTHER, PLEASE PUT EEKINSMAN ON IGNORE AND UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES OR LEGAL THEORY SHALL EEKINSMAN, HIS FAMILY, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, LICENSEES, OR ASSIGNS, EITHER JOINTLY OR SEVERALY, BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR OTHER LOSS OF ANY KIND, RELATING TO YOUR FRAGILE, UNUSUAL, UNHEALTHY AND ODD PREDILECTION TO PROTECT PALM AND/OR WEBOS FROM NEGATIVE POSTS.

    TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY PRECENTRAL, THE WORDS AND CONTENT OF THIS POST, INCLUDING THOSE IN THIS DISCLAIMER, ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE A RANT AGAINST PALM AND/OR WEBOS AND DO NOT REFLECT THE POSTER’S HATRED FOR PALM.


    THE POSTER HEREBY DISCLAIMS AND DISAVOWS AND DOES NOT ENDORSE OR SPONSOR OR AGREE WITH SENSELESS THREADS AND POSTS INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, “‘I’M LEAVING FOR THE DROID’ ‘PALM SUCKS’ APPLE RULES’ THE PRE IS THE WORST PHONE EVER’ AND ALL OTHER OF SIMILAR ILK WHICH BY THEIR NATURE TREAT THE PALM PRE AS ANYTHING BUT PRECIOUS.
    PalmOS Treos: 90/300/600/650/700/755/launch day Pre minus/ Evo/Epic
  17.    #17  
    I've been of the Palm forums since 07 and Hofo since it started and I must say Urkel you're right, the forums are a changin. The only difference I see is that Precentral is WAAAYY more helpful then the any Android forum I was on. I know how to "forum" and the people in the Android forums were not helpful at all.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by djorijun View Post
    I'm actually not chubby I'm not sure if 29 is really considered old but I'll take it.
    (psssssttttt, I was talking about myself, I have kids your age)
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    As someone with 6 years "experience" with this forum, then you should be fully aware that "b and moaning" is the way people ask for help nowadays. Rather than someone say "Help, my computer has a virus" they say "F M$. Your POS OS sux".
    Sorry, I disagree. Most of the posts I see where folks have offered workarounds or possible solutions, they're typicall met with "you shouldn't have to do that".

    That's not even taking into consideration all of the "I'm leaving" threads, which are definitely not a request for help.

    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    I bet if you look back at your 6 years of posting here then you were probably a lot nicer and less condescending when you started. The times are changing and nobody is immune.
    Nope, not so much. I'm pretty condescending when confronted with "F M$, Your POS OS sux" type "requests."

    On the other hand, I'm pretty helpful when folks are genuinely look for help. Back in the Treo days, and even now.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by eekinsman View Post
    I've been on this board for over 6 years, reading more than posting. In my opinion, what has changed is that a strange affliction has caught hold of a few which deprives them of the ability to detect the crucial difference between a rant, a troll for another device and genuine critical assessment of the Pre. The latter being important for current and future users and for palm, given the fluid nature of webOS and easy fixes ota. The result of failing to distinguish a rant or troll from a genuine issue is that otherwise useful threads and posts from contributing members are ruined and/or deleted and closed, silly name calling and personal attacks ensue , all to the point where moderators are forced to treat some like children to keep them in line.

    Oh and one more thing check out my...

    ....DISCLAIMER

    IF READING CRITICAL POSTS ABOUT PALM AND/OR WEBOS WHICH ARE, BY ANY MEASURE, LESS THAN LAUDATORY THUS CONSTITUTING AN OFFENSE TO THE READER AKIN TO AN INSULT TO HIS WIFE OR MOTHER, PLEASE PUT EEKINSMAN ON IGNORE AND UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES OR LEGAL THEORY SHALL EEKINSMAN, HIS FAMILY, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, LICENSEES, OR ASSIGNS, EITHER JOINTLY OR SEVERALY, BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR OTHER LOSS OF ANY KIND, RELATING TO YOUR FRAGILE, UNUSUAL, UNHEALTHY AND ODD PREDILECTION TO PROTECT PALM AND/OR WEBOS FROM NEGATIVE POSTS.

    TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY PRECENTRAL, THE WORDS AND CONTENT OF THIS POST, INCLUDING THOSE IN THIS DISCLAIMER, ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE A RANT AGAINST PALM AND/OR WEBOS AND DO NOT REFLECT THE POSTER’S HATRED FOR PALM.


    THE POSTER HEREBY DISCLAIMS AND DISAVOWS AND DOES NOT ENDORSE OR SPONSOR OR AGREE WITH SENSELESS THREADS AND POSTS INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, “‘I’M LEAVING FOR THE DROID’ ‘PALM SUCKS’ APPLE RULES’ THE PRE IS THE WORST PHONE EVER’ AND ALL OTHER OF SIMILAR ILK WHICH BY THEIR NATURE TREAT THE PALM PRE AS ANYTHING BUT PRECIOUS.
    Hey eek:
    LOL, you sound like a good lawyer.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions