1.    #1  
    I've searched for threads on this & even wiki but still have some questions. I was reading that haptic feedback has been added, but the instructions on how to do this are a bit confusing. Can I do this directly from my Pre? Also, how can I change the themes of the keyboard? I also notice that sometimes a different key will pop up other than the one I actually hit. Is this just user error or is it a glitch? Thanks for your help!
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xxxataraxiaxxx View Post
    I've searched for threads on this & even wiki but still have some questions. I was reading that haptic feedback has been added, but the instructions on how to do this are a bit confusing. Can I do this directly from my Pre? Also, how can I change the themes of the keyboard? I also notice that sometimes a different key will pop up other than the one I actually hit. Is this just user error or is it a glitch? Thanks for your help!
    Do it through Web OS Quick Install on your PC or Mac.
    Current Phone(s): HTC Inspire "4G" & Pre 2
    My quickinstall says it doesnt see that I have VK when I try to add the haptic feedback. What am I doing wrong.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    First, go into Preware on your phone. Delete the Virtual Keyboard patch if you have one installed. Then hook up your Pre with your PC via the USB cable. Select "Just Charge." Now go into WebOS Quick Install. Select "Tweaks" then "Online Repository." Scroll all the way down and insert the virtual keyboard patch. I believe the Pre will ask you to restart Luna.

Then select the tab "Virtual Keyboard Config." Select the box for "Haptic feedback. Then you should be good to go.
    Current Phone(s): HTC Inspire "4G" & Pre 2
    Thanks Glenada. I had my phone in USB mode. I'm good now.
    Last edited by bigkoont; 01/06/2010 at 02:32 PM.
    ...Select "Tweaks" then "Online Repository." Scroll all the way down and insert the virtual keyboard patch.

I dot see "tweaks" Can you tell me exactly where to find it. Thanks...
    kind of cool
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmlf View Post
    ...Select "Tweaks" then "Online Repository." Scroll all the way down and insert the virtual keyboard patch.

I dot see "tweaks" Can you tell me exactly where to find it. Thanks...
    It is under the "Tools" Menu
    Palm Pre OS 1.4.5 500/1000 MHz--Provider:Sprint