Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Had my Pre for a few months now and everything has been working great. Had a full charge this morning and used it for a bit....set it down....then picked it up when I left the house and it won't turn on. Tried plugging it in to the charger and nothing happens. Whats the next step? Take the battery out?
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    This is interesting. Sounds like the exact same thing that happened to me. I posted a few messages down, thread called, "Hmm...I think my Pre is dying".

I finally took the battery out and reset the phone. But it's been maybe 10 minutes already and it still has not reset. It is just sitting there with "Palm" displayed on the screen.
  3.    #3  
    took the battery out....reset....same thing. Just says Palm on the screen. Only been a minute though...
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    I'm over 30 minutes now still stuck on that screen. Will probably take the battery out and try again. Strange that the same thing happened to two phones and makes me wonder if this is a bigger problem. Have you installed 1.3.5.1 yet? I have not, still on 1.3.5.
  5.    #5  
    yeah i have 1.3.5.1 installed....didn't need it though. I don't use Exchange. Regardless...i'm still on the Palm screen. you take the battery out again yet?
  6.    #6  
    hey instead of taking the battery out again, reset from the Palm screen by pressing Orange+Sym+R

it worked for me...Pre is fine and all my messages and pictures and everything is intact. let me know if it works for you
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    Yep, just did. Took about 2 minutes to reboot and now seems to be working normally. So far....
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I had this exact same thing happen to me yesterday. I pulled the battery and powered up again and it sat at the Palm logo. After 30 minutes I pulled the battery again and powered up once again and that time it worked. When I got home I updated to 1.3.5.1 (I'm an Exchange user) and things were still fine. I then started adding some patches like battery percent and after a reboot it is back to hanging on the Palm logo. I've pulled the battery a few times now and it has been sitting on the Palm logo for a few hours. Thinking I may have done something wrong I finally decided to Doctor my phone and that doesn't even detect my phone! I have no clue what to try next!
    ---Abort, Retry, Fail???

Palm III > Palm V > Sony Clie PEG-NR70/U > Palm Treo 650 > Palm Treo 755p > Palm Treo 800w > Palm Pre
  9.    #9  
    Luckily I didn't need to doctor my Pre, but did you try hitting Orange+Sym+R from the Palm screen? give that a try and see what happens. Patches don't usually kill a Pre....the guys who make em usually know what they're doing
    Mine died this AM after doing the latest update yesterday. It was fine all day long, plugged it in to charge overnight and this morning it's a brick. Thanks to the post by dodgerblue I tried his keyboard reset and we are back in business. Must have been something in the update?!
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    and its just been 3 days since I got my Pre. But thankfully, it came back on after taking the battery off and resetting it as mentioned above. Thanks all.
  12.    #12  
    Yeah must have been...although I did the update a few days ago...whenever it first came out (I love updates). I hope this was a one time thing and that I don't need to pull the battery and do a keyboard reset every morning after I charge. Wouldn't that be awful....

Out of curiosity...did any of you install any apps or patches recently? If so, what were they? Maybe there's a commonality here. In the past day I installed MyFlashlight (which also requires the Myflashlight Manager or something....some back-end interface program) and I also installed Trapster.
  13.    #13  
    No thanks from anyone? Thats hurtful
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I've tried the keyboard reboot a few times and it does not help me
    ---Abort, Retry, Fail???

Palm III > Palm V > Sony Clie PEG-NR70/U > Palm Treo 650 > Palm Treo 755p > Palm Treo 800w > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    The only recent app I have installed is the LED Torch which did require some service (don't remember which).
  16.    #16  
    I installed the same....MyFlashlight which requires LED manager service. Interesting...
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I think I'll soon be stopping at Sprint for my first phone replacement
    ---Abort, Retry, Fail???

18.    #18  
    Still not working Vorian? Man i'm sorry. What all have you done? Took the battery out....pushed the power button and it gets stuck on the "Palm" screen? Then on that screen you tried Orange+Sym+R and...nothing happens?
    Hm, over the holidays I had mine lock up and the only thing that could get it restarted was holding down the power button and switching the mute switch on and off three times. Worth a shot?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorian View Post
    I think I'll soon be stopping at Sprint for my first phone replacement
    Couple of days ago, there was a thread re: same problem. FYI. . .here's the link

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...hone-dead.html

Sounds like an update problem. BTW, my phone does not have any patches, etc., just regular downloads from App site.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast