Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    I've had my Pre since June 6th (I was one of the ones that went to the store at 5am to make sure I had one on the first day) and for the most part haven't had any problems. There have been a few glitches but that's kind of the price you expect to pay for being an early adopter.

But now I think my phone might have some serious issues. I installed 1.3.5 when it was released and was quite pleased with the snappyness and improved battery life. But then last night I had two cards open and tried to open Preware and got the "too many cards open" message. I closed every card but still could not open Preware.

I reset the phone and after seeing the little circle in the middle something new came up. It was a "picture" of a power cord so I assumed it wanted me to plug it in even though it still had at least 85% battery. I put it on the Touchstone and it reset as expected.

But then today it just died. Battery was fully charged but when I came out of a meeting I couldn't get the screen to come on. I tried holding down the power button but that didn't do anything. I tried calling the phone and it rang before going to voicemail so I know the phone was still on.

So I finally took the battery out and then it was able to reset. I think. The screen has been sitting at the "Palm" screen for about 5 minutes so I'm waiting to see what happens whenever it comes back on.

Anyone else have this problem? Did you have to replace your phone?

And for the record, I do not have any patches or themes installed. I have homebrew apps but that's it.
    I'd probably give the WebOS Doctor a try and reflash the OS on your device, then update again. It sounds kind of like an OS thing. Anyway, if that doesn't work, it's really not too painful to get a replacement. I had a one day turnaround and that's just from calling it in and them overnighting the replacement to me, I'd probably have gotten a swap if I had the time to drive over to the Sprint shop and had done it in person.
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    When they swap the phone is it a refurbished model or a new one? And I know Palm backs up my info but I'm pretty sure I'll lose my text messages and pictures. But it looks like I may have to do it anyway because here we are 20 minutes after I reset the phone and it is still stuck at the "Palm" screen.