1.    #1  
    Hello everyone.
    I've got a problem. A biggy.... My phone has decided to drop itself into 'Phone Offline' mode and will not wake up again, except for WiFi. On top of that, it is draining battery power like there is no tomorrow. It is plugged in to the mains, USB to ensure as much intake as possible, but it is at 8% and decreasing. The Battery Monitor app is showing between 7-10% per hour at the moment, on a 5sec poling interval. In fact, as I type, it just jumped from 7.88% to 11.24% with nothing else happening!?
    And we have 6%...

So, what happened? I wasn't seeing the full preware catalogue earlier today, so decided to install WebOS Quick Install on my girlfriends laptop and reinstall the Package Manager Service (PMS) and Preware.
    I fired up WOSQI and uninstalled both PMS and Preware. I then reinstalled both PMS and Preware at the same time (I searched for, and found nothing, that said I should do either seperately). Everything seemed to be working fine.

I then saw the Quake and Doom apps amongst the pile, so thought I would download them. I am a UK owner, so no 1.3.5 update yet but I thought I would have them there and ready. I installed Quake (and the new installer for advanced homebrew), SuperTux and also a Tetris thingy which didn't say it was '1.3.5 dependant'. No issues. I tried to play the Tetris clone but it did nothing upon pressing the icon. Odd. Curiousity got me then, so I tried to run the Supertux and Quake but they didn't get past a moment's thought of starting. Fair enough. Expected.
    Next up, i tried to install the Doom app through preware and it froze mid-install. I had clicked the 'ok to run scripts' dialogue at this point. After 20mins, I flicked Preware off the screen and rebooted Luna.

It was at this point I noticed the phone had gone offline.

I now have only WiFi access. Turning on Aeroplane Mode works fine but when I turn it off again, the icon remains and only WiFi turns on. I have just uninstalled Preware and PMS once again and now my Pre has completely died.

I appreciate that the 'phone offline' fault has been mentioned many times, but it seems that some people just get a minor signal drop. Obviously this is some form of huge resource drain or suddenly fauly equipment. The worst thing is that I am overseas until Friday, so cannot get back to the O2 shop.

Edit: It's 20:00 GMT and the phone will not hold enough charge to even turn on. I'm guessing at this stage I may as well see if there is enough just to activate the WebOS Doctor. Anyone have any suggestions before I do?
    Last edited by Ben_K; 01/06/2010 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Update. Battery dead
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Mine just did the same thing. I fixed it by downoading the Advanced Phone Menu patch from Preware then toggled the phone and data on and off which brought it all back and working fine.

oh and I powered off the phone between patching and then restarted to start screen mashing away.
  3.    #3  
    Cheers for the reply Twiktor. Sadly, mine won't even turn on again. It has been off and plugged into the mains since I posted, about 30mins ago, but has not turned on again yet.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    I've enver got the advanced phone menu patch working on my UK Pre, though there is a phone toggle patch somewhere which I have had to use for this very same issue
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben_K View Post
    Cheers for the reply Twiktor. Sadly, mine won't even turn on again. It has been off and plugged into the mains since I posted, about 30mins ago, but has not turned on again yet.
    Have you tried pulling the battery? May work.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I had the same thing happen to me once. I tried a soft reset, rebooted the phone, and pulled the battery which didn't solve the problem. The only thing that worked was cycling all the data settings and rebooting the phone. My phone has never been doctored or patched. good luck............
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Once your phone is working again (which I hope will be soon), be sure to install the Package Manager Service first, then Preware -- not at the same time. Application:Preware - WebOS Internals
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbode View Post
    Have you tried pulling the battery?
    Oh yes, quite a number of times!

Quote Originally Posted by bart001 View Post
    Good luck............
    Cheers bart001. I have a bad feeling I will need it!

Quote Originally Posted by cas_esq View Post
    ...be sure to install the Package Manager Service first, then Preware -- not at the same time.
    Cheers cas_esq. I am very confident of the quality of the programs we're offered so I assumed that if they didn't mention it, it would be fine. Schoolboy error really, I suppose. Anywho, thanks for the tip.

It is still not charging. It did go into the desktop at one point, but as soon as I turned on the screen, it kicked back to the battry charge one and has stayed there for the last hour or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by twiktor View Post
    Mine just did the same thing. I fixed it by downoading the Advanced Phone Menu patch from Preware then toggled the phone and data on and off which brought it all back and working fine.

oh and I powered off the phone between patching and then restarted to start screen mashing away.

I was panicking when my phone went into drain mode this morning (even though is said it was charging) and I was scheduled for travel tomorrow. I tried the power down, removing the battery, restarting, tried turning wifi off, still super drain. Found your fix and tried it, so far so good, power is improving now. Thank you.
  10.    #10  
    Good news jcvega!

For me though, my phone will not even take enough charge to turn on.
    Despite a few people's comments on this board, I think it may actually have bricked! :/

Time to call the doctor, I suppose...
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jcvega View Post
    I was panicking when my phone went into drain mode this morning (even though is said it was charging) and I was scheduled for travel tomorrow. I tried the power down, removing the battery, restarting, tried turning wifi off, still super drain. Found your fix and tried it, so far so good, power is improving now. Thank you.

Glad its working for you too. Mine is seemingly fine as well . . until I mess it up again!
    Is what I found is after deleteing the battery monitor app my battery chared to 100% and didn't drain while on the charger anymore.
    hello

i have same problem like you,phone stuck in offline and not charge, but i fix this, just change flat cable, and thats it...

best regards...