Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiako View Post
    People are unhappy with the phone and they have every right to be unhappy with it. Stop trying to tell them that they are not giving palm a chance or other phones had the same problem.
    Yeah. Im not sure why complaints are considered to be "unnecessary" or "excessive". Smartphones are very personal devices because it is more integrated into our lives than anything else we own. So whether a complaint be reasonable or unreasonable, if our phone (of any brand) doesn't do what we want it to then why wouldn't we express ourselves?

A strangers personal rant may not do anything for YOU, but to the person ranting then forums like this do give them a place to voice their opinion. So the real problem isn't the whining, it's the fact that certain people are incapable of avoiding a clearly labeled thread that makes it no secret that there are "Flammable Contents Inside".
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Or start one of his own.

Ooops.... nevermind....
    Don Quixote, meet the windmill.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    People are unhappy with the phone and they have every right to be unhappy with it. Stop trying to tell them that they are not giving palm a chance or other phones had the same problem.
    This has got to be one of the most nonsensical posts I've seen in a while. Of course they have every right to be unhappy with their phone. The real question is, why would they want to? There are tons of phones out there...

If they're keeping it so they can be unhappy, then yes, I think anyone on here has every right to express their displeasure with someone keeping a phone just so they can be unhappy, and expressing that unhappiness on here.

BTW - some of the "serial ranters" on here don't even have a Pre (or Pixi)!!
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    I seem to notice a lot of rant postings after every webOS update.

....thats when you stay out of Precentral for a good 2 weeks.
    This has got to be one of the most nonsensical posts I've seen in a while. Of course they have every right to be unhappy with their phone. The real question is, why would they want to? There are tons of phones out there...

If they're keeping it so they can be unhappy, then yes, I think anyone on here has every right to express their displeasure with someone keeping a phone just so they can be unhappy, and expressing that unhappiness on here.

You do know, of course, that not everybody has the money to get one of the "tons of phones out there", right? (ETF etc.)
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 01/06/2010 at 12:49 PM.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts

You have no idea how it feels to be stuck with something and no enough money to change. I am not talking about the pre but when I had alltel and ****ing verizon bought them out..

The same thing goes for pre. Someone signed a contract and had their phone break 5 times on them. They don't have the money to get out of contract and are just tired of dealing with BS. They make threads outside of the one thread made for rants because they want people to know they got ****ed over by palm or sprint.

Not that it would do any good on these forums because half the users are bigger fan-boys than iphone users.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    You do know, of course, that not everybody has the money to get one of the "tons of phones out there", right? (ETF etc.)
    Don't know about our friends to the north, sourth, or east; but those in the US had 30 days, and there have been numerous bits of information on here about how to get out of EFTs because of rate increases on Sprint.
    You have no idea how it feels to be stuck with something and no enough money to change. I am not talking about the pre but when I had alltel and ****ing verizon bought them out..

The same thing goes for pre. Someone signed a contract and had their phone break 5 times on them. They don't have the money to get out of contract and are just tired of dealing with BS. They make threads outside of the one thread made for rants because they want people to know they got ****ed over by palm or sprint.

Not that it would do any good on these forums because half the users are bigger fan-boys than iphone users.
    Let's assume for a minute that you're right (you're not, but just for grins, let's go with it).

What "good" do you think it would do to rant on here? This isn't Palm's web site, nor Sprint's.

Ranting on here is solely for the "feel-good" of the ranter (and his/her cheering squad). The anti-rants serve the same purpose for the anti-ranters (and their squads).

See, all is well.
    Don't know about our friends to the north, sourth, or east; but those in the US had 30 days...............
    Arggh! I'm not going to get into this **** again. Jeez. I'm sick of having the same argument every other damn day.
    SICK of it.
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 01/06/2010 at 01:40 PM.
    When is the Pre going to have flash support?
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    What is with the personal attacks. They are so childish. If someone wants to complain, who cares, don't read it. You have the right to free speech but so does the person complaining. Don't try to marginalize other's comments about the Pre with the rational that "this was that way on this other phone" type of argument.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prodigal27 View Post
    When is the Pre going to have flash support?
    It was reported that a beta was to release at the end of 2009. Now it will likely be 1st or 2nd quarter 2010. The Nexus one was running flash 10.1 smooth as silk. Hope the Pre can do that.
    Last edited by madcow706; 01/06/2010 at 01:39 PM.
  13.    #33  
    The hysteria is comical...
    Arggh! Here we go again! I'm not going to get into this **** again, so stop trying. Jeez. I'm sick of having the same argument every other damn day.
    SICK of it.
    If you don't want a response, you might try avoiding this:
    You specifically mentioned ETF, I specifically countered. It's called "discussion"... And I don't really know how you're "sick" of it, since this is the first time I've mentioned it...

Tad touchy today??
    Quote Originally Posted by ferriskeanu View Post
    The hysteria is comical...
    Yes. We actually do this for ratings, like fake wrestling, rap wars, morning radio shows.... etc etc.... lol.
  16.    #36  
    Yes. We actually do this for ratings, like fake wrestling, rap wars, morning radio shows.... etc etc.... lol.
    Lol...I started the thread without a hysterical tone...only to see attacks against one another with a direction towards hysteria...it's rather entertaining...and really nothing I didn't expect...forum's version of "road rage"
    Don't know about our friends to the north, sourth, or east; but those in the US had 30 days, and there have been numerous bits of information on here about how to get out of EFTs because of rate increases on Sprint.
    Those do not apply to everyone and it does not allow everyone to avoid ETF's.
    Oh boy. LOL! This thread is HIlarious but the OP has a point.

You what this website needs? A separate forum entitled Pre and Pixi Rants & Dislikes. That way all of the rants can be separated from the non-rant threads. But I'm sure there will those whom will try to sneak a rant thread into the non-rant forum but the thread could always be moved.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Only if we can get the saccharin "my Pre is the next best thing since sliced bread" threads move to their own Sunshine and Lollipops forum as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericMusings View Post
    Only if we can get the saccharin "my Pre is the next best thing since sliced bread" threads move to their own Sunshine and Lollipops forum as well.
    Through rose-colored glasses.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12