Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    i called sprint today and told them about the new charge and that i wasnt happy about it and they said i could terminate my contract without a etf. has anyone done it as well?
    What new charge are you referring to?
    Quote Originally Posted by damiand2002 View Post
    i called sprint today and told them about the new charge and that i wasnt happy about it and they said i could terminate my contract without a etf. has anyone done it as well?
    Not enough info.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    So now that you are out of your contract what is your billing plan ?
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonr1 View Post
    What new charge are you referring to?
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    Not enough info.
    Read here:
    http://www.phonenews.com/sprint-phon...smoothly-9864/

And an update:
    http://www.phonenews.com/brief-sprin...ut-updat-9894/

Thread:
    http://forums.precentral.net/cdma-no...e-january.html
    Last edited by grynv; 01/06/2010 at 09:59 AM.
    For what? And go where?

You still get get as much for as little anywhere else so I fail to see the point.

Edit: They won't let you out of your contract unless you cancel your service.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Looks like before everyone knew about it they we're practically begging you to stay, which got a few people month-to-month and in some cases a free phone (I tried and failed). Now they seem nonchalant, letting you go, or they're probably grinding their teeth and clicking on forms.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Wait, am I reading this wrong, or is this about canceling over a 40 cent increase? I don't see the point, since Sprint has the cheapest rates for what you get?
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    For what? And go where?

You still get get as much for as little anywhere else so I fail to see the point.

Edit: They won't let you out of your contract unless you cancel your service.
    +1.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy123 View Post
    Wait, am I reading this wrong, or is this about canceling over a 40 cent increase? I don't see the point, since Sprint has the cheapest rates for what you get?
    The point is that it stinks to be stuck in a 2yr cellphone contract if you aren't necessarily happy with it. The OP is just informing everyone that he was able to get out and if anyone else wants to do the same then there is a new loophole that gives us a little bit of power.

It's nothing anyone here should take personal and it isn't necessarily an "I hate Sprint" moment. It's just a story about a guy who broke out of jail by walking out the front door.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    He said he wasn't happy about the charge. He should've worded it your way if that was the point he was trying to make.

I can see how if you have been wanting to get out, this is beneficial for you, though. Either way, I'm not sure how someone would take an issue between him and Sprint personal...
    Sprint has also added a $4.99/month/line charge onto accounts that have a set spending limit (ASL) on them. It been discussed in the CDMA forum as well.
    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
  13.    #13  
    yea they were going hit me with 4.99 for each line for having a spending limit. so i asked if i could go month to month and they said it wasnt possible so i decided to cancel.
    Quote Originally Posted by damiand2002 View Post
    yea they were going hit me with 4.99 for each line for having a spending limit. so i asked if i could go month to month and they said it wasnt possible so i decided to cancel.
    I'm assuming you can't use your Pre anymore, right? What's next for you?
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    Sprint has also added a $4.99/month/line charge onto accounts that have a set spending limit (ASL) on them. It been discussed in the CDMA forum as well.
    uh...they better not have or ill cancel my two lines as well. that's highway robbery.
    its true...4.99/month/line charge for accounts with spending limits
    Quote Originally Posted by joedizzle900 View Post
    its true...4.99/month/line charge for accounts with spending limits
    well i guess ill call them in a bit and wheel and deal something out of them. i just bought my pixi but ive had a ton of issues with sprint last year.
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    I'm assuming you can't use your Pre anymore, right? What's next for you?
    Well, he could keep the Pre as a WiFi device and get a new phone/service with someone else I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Well, he could keep the Pre as a WiFi device and get a new phone/service with someone else I guess.
    i wonder if we could get the cdma pixi or pre to work on other cdma carries at all?
    hm i love my pre but i hate sprint sometimes. how hard was it for those who got out of their contract?

will it be worth it to switch to at&t?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast