Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    i wonder if we could get the cdma pixi or pre to work on other cdma carries at all?
    It's possible to get the Pre on the CDMA side of Boost Mobile. It takes a bit of luck tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by avr6 View Post
    hm i love my pre but i hate sprint sometimes. how hard was it for those who got out of their contract?

will it be worth it to switch to at&t?
    It's easy to get out of contract. Since Sprint is changing some fees, you have a loophole to cancel the contract without an ETF.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    This is bad timing for Sprint with the WebOS phones coming on Verizon. I have been planning on switching, and this makes it that much easier.
    Maybe I am totally missing something but why would anyone quit Sprint for Verizon?

I know what you lose ($). But what do you gain?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    The point is that it stinks to be stuck in a 2yr cellphone contract if you aren't necessarily happy with it. The OP is just informing everyone that he was able to get out and if anyone else wants to do the same then there is a new loophole that gives us a little bit of power.

It's nothing anyone here should take personal and it isn't necessarily an "I hate Sprint" moment. It's just a story about a guy who broke out of jail by walking out the front door.
    I think most people are asking where the OP will go since Sprint has the cheapest contract plan. Verizon will cost at least $79.99 for 450 minutes ($99.99 with unlimited texts) and AT&T will cost about $119.99+ for a similar plan.

If you are unhappy with Sprint, by all means, shop elsewhere. Just be aware that another contract plan will probably cost more, even considering Sprint's fee increase.
    SPRINT FOR LIFE! after employee discounts, i'm paying less than $120/month for 2 lines of Palm Pre goodness. I would only be getting 1 line at that price with comparable options on V or ATT. Hope everything works out for you elsewhere.
    If you could stay on a month-to-month basis, I say go for it! And if you're on a spending limit account(s), maybe it makes sense to switch. Otherwise, I'm not going to cancel my contract for the privilege of paying another company way more than any increase Sprint is going to hit me with this year. I mean, you gotta REALLY love Verizon to dish out $30-40 more a month! Oh, and the kicker is: they're increasing fees this year also!!!!
    I may switch cause the driod has better video. I will wait and see what is announced at ces. What is a spending limit account?
    T-mobile's Even More Plus (Talk + Text + Web) $59.99 plan is looking mighty fine to me of late. 500 anytime minutes/unlimited nights & weekends/unlimited text/unlimited data and no contract, bring your own GSM phone. Even More Plus 500 Talk + Text + Web

They just upgraded their entire network's 3G speeds and service is very decent in big cities. Hmmm.....food for thought for some folks on here.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    I looked into T-Mo when I signed up with Sprint. Price is right, but coverage is terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by lite blue View Post
    I may switch cause the driod has better video. I will wait and see what is announced at ces. What is a spending limit account?
    I will probably switch to the Droid also, but I'm will sit tight until after CES.

I get a slightly better discount with VZ than I do with Sprint. So the 450 minute plan will cost me exactly the same thing. Only diff is I will only get 250 txt, which is fine for me. I average about 100 txt's a month.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Maybe I am totally missing something but why would anyone quit Sprint for Verizon?

1. You can get the Pre Plus when it comes out

2. Better coverage. This varies but for someone like me who doesn't get great reception in my house on Sprint, I could switch to Verizon and have full bars at all times. The entire state of Arkansas is RED now that they have Alltel.

I'd think those would be decent reasons to switch.

I'm very loyal to Sprint though. I made some bad decisions when i was younger and have poor credit. They are the only major carrier that allowed me to get a plan without paying a $400+ deposit. I paid $125 deposit for a spending limit account and paid my bill on time each month for 18 consecutive months and now the spending limit is gone. For that I am grateful and feel they have earned by business. Their plans are the best in the biz and I enjoy getting a new device every year at the subsidized price.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoTitans View Post
    1. You can get the Pre Plus when it comes out
    8 Gigs more of memory is a horrible reason to switch to a more expensive provider.

2. Better coverage. This varies but for someone like me who doesn't get great reception in my house on Sprint, I could switch to Verizon and have full bars at all times. The entire state of Arkansas is RED now that they have Alltel.
    What about the free airave sprint will give you at your house if your coverage sucks at your house? Needless to say it's pretty easy to make a sprint phone roam on verizon. You just can't do more than 50% of the time - which is easy if you have an airave at home.
    8 Gigs more of memory is a horrible reason to switch to a more expensive provider.

What about the free airave sprint will give you at your house if your coverage sucks at your house? Needless to say it's pretty easy to make a sprint phone roam on verizon. You just can't do more than 50% of the time - which is easy if you have an airave at home.
    All good points but they didn't just hand out those airaves to everyone. Some people they charged half the price or wouldn't give them one at all without paying full price. Depended on who you got on the line. Each time I called for one I got denied...lots of other people did too.

Coverage in my house is just good enough not to go into roaming but not good enough to keep me from getting dropped calls sometimes. I could and do use the roam only toggle at times but you can't get 3g service on that. Not a big deal if you have wifi but not everyone does.

Off topic but...
    why is it that if i go into roaming naturally I get 3G from Verizon/Alltel but if I use the roam only toggle I can only get 1x?
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts

In my case with a family plan I calculated that Verizon would be $40/mo less per month for 1 data user and 2 basic users ($150 versus $110). We all came from an ATT family plan. I've already moved the others to a Verizon family plan and I will move over as soon as possible. It there is no ETA, I can sell my Sprint Pre and probably cover the cost of a Verizon Pixi Plus.

As far as coverage, I have less dropped calls in drives from home to work compared to ATT. Unfortunately, I have had dropped calls in my back yard way to often with Sprint -- never with ATT. I sometimes wonder if the Pre is to blame for some of this. Regardless, the Verizon coverage at my house has been great so far.

So, this could be a zero cost upgrade with $40 a month ongoing savings. I realize that most others will not see the same kind of monthly savings, but in my situation it would be crazy not to move to Verizon. The timing couldn't be better.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12