Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1.    #1  
    Well my day 1 Pre is going to get replaced... The speaker is blown and there's a crack on the bottom right curve

    The only thing I'd really like to backup on my phone is the wifi profile as I have about 75 networks saved with passwords that I'd rather not have to go through the hassle of setting up again

    Is there a way to backup the profile using the webos-quick-install "get file" function?

    thanks
  2. #2  
    Holy Crap thats a lot of networks.


    Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Joescan09 View Post
    Holy Crap thats a lot of networks.
    Yea, I travel to quite a few client locations to provide IT support
  4. #4  
    I asked this before and was pointed to the /var/preferences/com.palm.wifi/prefsDB.sl file by marshalla99.

    I didn't get that answer in time to test it, so I can't vouch for it's effectiveness, but it might be worth a shot to copy your file and copy it over to your new phone.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    I asked this before and was pointed to the /var/preferences/com.palm.wifi/prefsDB.sl file by marshalla99.

    I didn't get that answer in time to test it, so I can't vouch for it's effectiveness, but it might be worth a shot to copy your file and copy it over to your new phone.
    For what it's worth, I copied that file over, and it does look like it's a database with the needed info.

    If it doesn't work, we'll offer a full refund on the charged price of the advice.
  6. #6  
    Has anyone successfully done this now? (backed up all of their wireless connections and restored them on a new pre?)
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by zuprman View Post
    Has anyone successfully done this now? (backed up all of their wireless connections and restored them on a new pre?)
    This did not work for me (Pre 3, ver 2.2.4). Copying file from device was ok, copying back was ok, restarted, but the phone did not find my home wifi.

    Save/restore from preware also did not work for me.

    br,
    Kaido
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by kaidoloor View Post
    This did not work for me (Pre 3, ver 2.2.4). Copying file from device was ok, copying back was ok, restarted, but the phone did not find my home wifi.

    Save/restore from preware also did not work for me.

    br,
    Kaido
    if one is going from a pre to a pre it works (same webOS version), but if one goes from a pre to pre2 (different WiFi chipsets) it does not work. I notice if one uses save/restore it will also have the same issues. So going from a preplus to pre2 to pre3 does not work.

    Also each WiFi chipset changes how the database is used.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions