1.    #1  
    I have the payed version of MyTether and have it installed correctly via the exe (non-rooted). I follow the instructions on the webosinternal site but I cant get the drivers found on Windows 7.

I go into the device center, right click on pre, on the hardware tab I see a bunch of functions (RNDIS Ethernet Gadget, H:\, Palm Novacom, Palm Pre USB...).

There the little ! next to RNDIS Ethernet Gadget so I think this is where the driver is supposed to go, not sure though. Go properties, driver, update drive, tell it to search the location of the file from the webosinternal site and windows 7 keeps saying it cant find it.

There are no specific instructions on the website for windows 7 either. Almost every step is different, could someone please help me out. I need usbtether for work.
  2. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gianthobbit View Post
    I have the payed version of MyTether and have it installed correctly via the exe (non-rooted). I follow the instructions on the webosinternal site but I cant get the drivers found on Windows 7.

I go into the device center, right click on pre, on the hardware tab I see a bunch of functions (RNDIS Ethernet Gadget, H:\, Palm Novacom, Palm Pre USB...).

There the little ! next to RNDIS Ethernet Gadget so I think this is where the driver is supposed to go, not sure though. Go properties, driver, update drive, tell it to search the location of the file from the webosinternal site and windows 7 keeps saying it cant find it.

There are no specific instructions on the website for windows 7 either. Almost every step is different, could someone please help me out. I need usbtether for work.
    The WebOSInternals site didn't have the driver for mythether for Windows 7 the last time I checked.....Just follow the instructions on the MyTether homepage, and you should be all set.....After you go to RNDIS Ethernet Gadget, properties, driver, update driver, rather than telling it to look on WebOSInternals, site:

7. In the wizard that came up, I clicked "Browse my computer for driver software"
    8. In the next page, I clicked "Let me pick from a list of deice drivers on my computer"
    9. It asked me to pick a type of hardware. I chose "Network Adapter"
    10. Under "Manufacturer", I chose "Microsoft Corporation". (Note: this is not the same as "Microsoft")
    11. In "Network Adapter", I chose "Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device.
    12. Then I clicked Next.

That should take care of it for you. Any further problems, the developer of MyTether is FANTASTIC with support (in my experience), and will likely be more than happy to assist you.
    Select the driver manually.

Aonic (the dev) has been MIA for about a month, I believe. The mytether.net forums are still helpful.
    Works fine with Vista Ultimate.
    Probably uses the same driver.
    Give it a try.
    I am on Mac . the newest update for pre broke my tether. I deleted my tether from my phone and re-installed my tether. be sure to have your phone in dev mode and the web os installer open on your computer. i am running 2.0.4

for mac I have an attached file that brought me back up to speed.

and i have the link to the embedded zip for pc. both are from wegeek.com

us mac users haven't had USB tether. but this fixed the tether after 1.3.5 broke it
    the up loads failed, crap. go to the wegeekup dot com forum. and look for the thread titled "Palm Pre My Tether 2.0.4 with installer for Windows & Mac"

sorry about the runaround.
  7.    #7  
    You guys are amazing, thanks for the help!

Do you know if in the future the wifi patch will stop breaking the camera?
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyoftulsa View Post
    the up loads failed, crap. go to the wegeekup dot com forum. and look for the thread titled "Palm Pre My Tether 2.0.4 with installer for Windows & Mac"

sorry about the runaround.
    I found the post on that site. Is that the donor version of MyTether for free? lol
    Quote Originally Posted by gianthobbit View Post
    You guys are amazing, thanks for the help!

Do you know if in the future the wifi patch will stop breaking the camera?
    It's pretty up in the air imo.

The dev (Aonic) stated he was trying to create a service that would not impact the rest of the features of the phone... but has not been heard from in a month (since).

Typically I would say it's dead... but with it being December, I am being optimistic that the holiday's kept him busy.