Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Yes, and of course, 10,326 threads on the topic with a total of 1,323,345 posts just aren't enough to establish that some people find the build quality of the Pre to be lacking. We need at least a few more...
    Yes, and more people to keep them bumped by complaining and talking about how many threads there have been.

Way to be.
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AxeYrCat View Post
    Yes, and more people to keep them bumped by complaining and talking about how many threads there have been.

Way to be.
    Thank you for doing your part, its good when the community is in sync
    Why is it that when people with legitimate complaints mention them and voice their reasons for leaving the community, they're met with *******ery?

I would think that things that were significant enough dealbreakers for folks who were part of an enthusiast forum to leave the device would be valuable information to Palm, and thus to those who are opting to stick with Palm.

Not only is it childish, but saying 'buh-bye!' or making cry-baby comments not only serves absolutely zero purpose, but it also keeps much maligned threads like this bumped...
    Personally, I would think if someone could come in here and complain about something, there should be just as much latitude to express the opposite. I guess I'm lucky to have not experienced all the problems that others have, but it often (not always, but often) comes across as if the issues being complained about are happening to everyone. So, I think Pre owners who are happy with their phone are just saying all is good. As we all likely experience in our businesses, people usually only vent when they have problems with something and not when all is good. As I mentioned in my post, different strokes for different folks. My step-son really likes his My Touch phone, but I prefer my Pre. I don't think he is wrong and I'm right, just that we have different tastes.

So I would say don't take it so personally that Pre users who are happy just want to get the word out that we have not experienced certain issues that seem to cause others to abandon ship. I encourage anyone who doesn't like the Pre to move on, find the phone that works for them, and enjoy it. It could also be considered "childish" to come in and announce they hate a product and get defensive when others don't see it their way. It goes both ways!
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Go back to your 20 Century Nokia Phone!!!
  6.    #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by sbrad425 View Post
    Go back to your 20 Century Nokia Phone!!!
    LOL
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    I agree with the OP, many ppl gave up their SERO plan and fully functional devices to "beta" test palms new OS and it's quite disappointing. If not for Preware I wouold have chunked this device long ago, but at this point I'll wait for CES. So far having had this device since launch day in US w/o issues I also agree that ppl need to take proper care of their device it's not a grenade you toss around.
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    Personally, I would think if someone could come in here and complain about something, there should be just as much latitude to express the opposite. I guess I'm lucky to have not experienced all the problems that others have, but it often (not always, but often) comes across as if the issues being complained about are happening to everyone. So, I think Pre owners who are happy with their phone are just saying all is good. As we all likely experience in our businesses, people usually only vent when they have problems with something and not when all is good. As I mentioned in my post, different strokes for different folks. My step-son really likes his My Touch phone, but I prefer my Pre. I don't think he is wrong and I'm right, just that we have different tastes.

So I would say don't take it so personally that Pre users who are happy just want to get the word out that we have not experienced certain issues that seem to cause others to abandon ship. I encourage anyone who doesn't like the Pre to move on, find the phone that works for them, and enjoy it. It could also be considered "childish" to come in and announce they hate a product and get defensive when others don't see it their way. It goes both ways!
    That would be fine IF they were only saying what they like about the phone. The "crybaby" post and the like, however, aren't the flip side of the coin. They're unnecessarily rude.

Not to mention being self-defeating. If they hate these threads, posting in them keeps them in-sight and active.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by qst4 View Post
    Thank you for doing your part, its good when the community is in sync
    To be fair, I'm in exactly the same boat as the OP, so I'm rather happy to keep this thread bumped.

Way to be.
    There's an irony here...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    As a counter-point to all the complaints in this thread as a reminder that for every one complainer there are tens of thousands of people who are happy with their phone.

Who knows what tomorrow may bring, but so far my launch-week Pre has been solid as a rock. No Oreo, no scratches, no runs drips or errors. Easily the best phone I've ever owned.

I agree with previous posters in this thread that every single person that has a problem probably doesn't need to open a new thread, but whatever makes you happy I guess.

YMMV, as always.
  12.    #72  
    BETA TESTING - couldn't agree more!
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    To be fair, I'm in exactly the same boat as the OP, so I'm rather happy to keep this thread bumped.
    So let me help some more then. Hopefully, if we keep bumping it the solution to your issue will be addressed and the thread will come to a happy resolution. Could you hit the Thanks button since I'm being so helpful?
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtn View Post
    BETA TESTING - couldn't agree more!
    I'm curious, why are you having to put it up on eBay? Why are you not just taking advantage of the 30 day return policy? "I have had my Pre since X-Mas" < 30 days
  15.    #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by qst4 View Post
    So let me help some more then. Hopefully, if we keep bumping it the solution to your issue will be addressed and the thread will come to a happy resolution. Could you hit the Thanks button since I'm being so helpful?
    You should have said that 4 pages ago Nice1
    Good luck with your new phone, whichever you decide. But I would have to respectfully disagree with your post.

I've had a launch day pre and have dropped it so many times I can't count. My wife and oldest son have had theirs almost as long. 3 phones no Oreo's, lots of drops (especially my son) no major problems except my charging plastic port has fallen off. I think the build quality of our 3 phones are great.

As for the speed? Maybe the patches you spoke of slowed your phone down? My phone is faster than 99% of my friends phones, and the only one that was close was the 3GS. Ever since 1.3.5 my phone is just as fast or right there with the 3GS(In orlando anyway).

As for the Battery life? My battery lasts with average use from 7:30 am to about 9PM without a charge.
    My 17 year old son? Gets to school at 7:30 AM, heavy usage at school (which aggravates me, because he shouldn't use it in school), He stays on facebook almost all day, listens to music and texts almost all day (about 10,000 texts a month). He has to charge his phone right after practice usually about 6:30PM. Not too shabby for what he uses it for.

Mine, my wifes and my sons friends all love our phones. In fact we have converted several people to the pre. I love it when I go to a tournament and need to look something up and the rest of the parents are amazed at what the pre can do.

This all being said, I'm sorry that the Pre wasn't for you. Perhaps whoever gave it to you for Xmas didn't do enough research. When I bought the pre I researched it as if it were like a car. Since the pre is not for you, please pm me as I would like to take it off of your hands. You see, I have 2 other kids that are not yet eligible to upgrade that are dying for a pre. I need 2 more for a set of 5.

Thanks and good luck on your next phone,

Notaphonegeek
    Phones in Family pre> pre> pre> Centro> Rant
    you're not too bright are you
  18.    #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I'm curious, why are you having to put it up on eBay? Why are you not just taking advantage of the 30 day return policy? "I have had my Pre since X-Mas" < 30 days
    Good question. Since I am with my network on a pretty good deal which is SIM only I tend to buy phones on eBay, I've lost a bith on that side of things.

From what I understand however, in UK the phone has to be unused to be able to return it...
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtn View Post
    You should have said that 4 pages ago Nice1
    Yeah, I'm pretty much being an anus. But seriously, wish you all luck with your phones and resolving your issues. We tend to get pretty attached to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warblad13 View Post
    miss your mistaken
    <------asian guy
    Sometimes an emote really makes a post funnier...this is one of those cases.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast