Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 87
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtn View Post
    Why would you need another post if you're leaving and not gonna use the forum again
    I missed where he stated he wouldn't use the forum again?
    You may have also missed the part where he complimented the dev's/community here for their efforts?
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Capré View Post
    I really wish people would think before they post. There's already a dozen of these "farewell" post, why not post your "2 cents" in one of those? All you're saying is the same as any other unhappy person. Maybe we just need a stickied Goodbye Thread to keep these out of sight. These threads are annoying.
    Probably for the same reason you felt compelled to bump it.

    If you wanted it to go away, you could have just let it slip down the page, you know...
  3. qst4's Avatar
    Posts
    300 Posts
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by AxeYrCat View Post
    Probably for the same reason you felt compelled to bump it.

    If you wanted it to go away, you could have just let it slip down the page, you know...
    But that wouldn't be any fun
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I have. The Sprint reps I talked to said that it's been about the same as any other phone they've released. One said that he had a lot more trouble with Centros than Pres (ironically, I had the same issue, I went through 3 Centros in 2 months, before they finally put me back on a 755P). My daughter was an assistant mgr at a Sprint store until early last year, and most of the folks in the store still recognize me when I come in and chat. They're pretty open about what their experiences.

    I should also point out, they tell me that the cheaper the phone, the fewer problems/returns they seem to have (I suspect it has to do with expectations).

    I've never had a Palm phone that has lasted as long as the Pre, except the 755p.
    Cheaper phones usually have a smaller feature set and fewer things to "go wrong".
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtn View Post
    Why would you need another post if you're leaving and not gonna use the forum again
    But, to be fair, you said you were leaving... but here you are...
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanvbva View Post
    I missed where he stated he wouldn't use the forum again?
    You may have also missed the part where he complimented the dev's/community here for their efforts?
    That was a form of asking a direct question

    Just to clarify this has evolved into interesting conversation. Still a Pre owner I said it's going on eBay on Sunday
  7. #47  
    Leaving before CES just seems so...pre-mature.
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Leaving before CES just seems so...pre-mature.
    So true! I've actually thought about this. Hopefully CES will help me in making better profit from selling the Pre!
  9. qst4's Avatar
    Posts
    300 Posts
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtn View Post
    Why would you need another post if you're leaving and not gonna use the forum again
    Well if this issue has been discussed Ad Naseum in other threads, why create a new one?

    I'm not trying to make light of the problems you've had. My first launch day Pre had nasty light leakage and I was fairly disappointed. And let me say, you have the right to post anything you want, just as we have the right to comment on your post. I just don't see the necessity to say goodbye as if with 8 post we know you. If you want to thank the people who have helped you in the past, blow up that thank you button, I'm sure they would more appreciate that then the typical goodbye post.
  10. #50  
    It's not so strange that OP's in negative threads like these have one thing in common, very few posts, hmmm....
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by qst4 View Post
    Well if this is issue has been discussed Ad Naseum in other threads, why create a new one?

    I'm not trying to make light of the problems you've had. My first launched day Pre had nasty light leakage and I was fairly disappointed. And let me say, you have the right to post anything you want, just as we have the right to comment on your post. I just don't see the necessity to say goodbye as if with 8 post we know you. If you want to thank the people who have helped you in the past, blow up that thank you button, I'm sure they would more appreciate that then the typical goodbye post.
    What I have posted is my point of view on certain things not a good bye. I am pretty sure that even with 195 posts some people wouldn't know me enough anyway. As you said ppl get their posts count upped by not contributing to the topic just commenting unnecessarily.

    This is becoming a bit paranoid as you can't even say what you think without these genius comments like netwrkr9's

    To be brutally honest I hope that what I wrote in Post #1 will save at least one person from buying current edition of Pre which let's be honest is crap. Hats off to Palm for the OS and hopefully next gen will be built with greater attention to details.

    Oh and it's Ad nauseam BTW
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by qst4 View Post
    Well if this issue has been discussed Ad Naseum in other threads, why create a new one?

    I'm not trying to make light of the problems you've had. My first launch day Pre had nasty light leakage and I was fairly disappointed. And let me say, you have the right to post anything you want, just as we have the right to comment on your post. I just don't see the necessity to say goodbye as if with 8 post we know you. If you want to thank the people who have helped you in the past, blow up that thank you button, I'm sure they would more appreciate that then the typical goodbye post.
    The title of the post was about giving up, not saying goodbye to lifelong friends. Whether one is new or a veteran, the facts, experiences, and opinions are why we write ans why we read.

    So, to me, it doesn't matter that I don't know the op... or you, for that matter. Your opinions hold as much weight as any other, as long as there are good reasons for them.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtn View Post
    So true! I've actually thought about this. Hopefully CES will help me in making better profit from selling the Pre!
    heh heh heh...while i may not be having the same experience with my device that you are yours, i can still appreciate a witty retort. well played.
  14. qst4's Avatar
    Posts
    300 Posts
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtn View Post
    Why would you need another post if you're leaving and not gonna use the forum again
    Well my fault then. You said you were switching to Nokia then said the above. I obviously misunderstood. Pleased to make your acquaintance I hope you stay awhile.
  15. #55  
    Just an advice to people, I installed an invisible armor cover on my phone (I got it installed professionaly in Phonix, AZ for about $40.00), this thing will keep your phone like new, I dropped it, put in my pocket with my keys and it protectes the phone very well. It covers the front and back and it is guarenteed for life. it even makes cleaning the phone much easier, just wipe your finger across and it shines. Just an FYI!

    Edit: I fogot to mention that had them install it on my wife's Pre as well and my wife drops her phone everyday and it still looks new.
    Last edited by htabbach; 01/06/2010 at 11:53 AM.
  16. qst4's Avatar
    Posts
    300 Posts
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtn View Post
    What I have posted is my point of view on certain things not a good bye. I am pretty sure that even with 195 posts some people wouldn't know me enough anyway. As you said ppl get their posts count upped by not contributing to the topic just commenting unnecessarily.

    This is becoming a bit paranoid as you can't even say what you think without these genius comments like netwrkr9's

    To be brutally honest I hope that what I wrote in Post #1 will save at least one person from buying current edition of Pre which let's be honest is crap. Hats off to Palm for the OS and hopefully next gen will be built with greater attention to details.

    Oh and it's Ad nauseam BTW
    Ad Nauseam or not. You got my point!
  17. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanvbva View Post
    I missed where he stated he wouldn't use the forum again?
    You may have also missed the part where he complimented the dev's/community here for their efforts?
    The guy you quoted is the OP
  18. #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtn View Post
    I said in my original post that I do not want to offend anybody but somebody obviously didn't read it properly for some reason. I would refrain from submitting my own pictures if I was you but hey not much we can do here LOL
    miss your mistaken
    <------asian guy
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by Warblad13 View Post
    miss your mistaken
    <------asian guy
    yep I've noticed the small one
  20. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    Yeah, hanh!?! Cool as ice response from ya, right?

    Fact is that this palm's hardware DOES suck and it will be a precious few who make it 2 yrs on one pre without replacements.

    A solid build quality speaks volumes about the company's standards, and if you're ok with thin plastic susceptible to cracks, oreo rotation and all the rest, go for it.
    Yes, and of course, 10,326 threads on the topic with a total of 1,323,345 posts just aren't enough to establish that some people find the build quality of the Pre to be lacking. We need at least a few more...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions