Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    Its only slow if people use it the iPhone way, opening and closing app. I always have 4 core apps open throughout the day. Web/gDial/Music/eMail. Doesn't feel to slow as I swipe through the cards. Not all the Pre's are bad quality. Touchstone makes the Pre feels great in the hand, thankfully no Oreo effect on mine. Sadly though the Pre quality isn't solid throughout the whole line and people do have bad one. Take it easy and hope ya enjoy the Nokia Experts site
    Read the first sentence, and you're absolutely right. Leave cards open in the same way you leave programs you're not using constantly open on your PC. That is the way webOS is meant to be used.
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter
    Dang its just so weird hearing all these complaining posts about how easily it breaks and stuff. I've dropped my Pre several times and still have the same one from launch day. I'm starting to doubt people when they claim they're on their 3rd n 4th Pres and such.
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    Anyone else think it would be cool for members to have the ability to rate a post into oblivion?
    have you heard I can play SuperTux (super mario) on my Pre.... So give up good things are coming!
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    Yeah, hanh!?! Cool as ice response from ya, right?

Fact is that this palm's hardware DOES suck and it will be a precious few who make it 2 yrs on one pre without replacements.

A solid build quality speaks volumes about the company's standards, and if you're ok with thin plastic susceptible to cracks, oreo rotation and all the rest, go for it.
    But what if you have had zero of those issues?

Or your gf hasn't. Or out of the 5 people you know in real life with Pre's only one has had their power button go.

How do you relate to "poor hardware"?

If you look at it this way....my Treo 755p has had zero replacements, my blackberry curve on the other hand had 4. My Pre has had 2 (earpiece stopped working before I knew of the ear piece glitch).

Its really just down to the luck of the draw with phones. I have MANY friends with iPhones who have cracked their screens or something of that nature.

Me personally...i'm fine with the hardware. Feels good in my hand and my slider has never given me troubles on both of my phones.

It sucks that some people have had bad luck.....but don't try to convince other that their phone sucks when hey....some people dont' have issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    Yeah, hanh!?! Cool as ice response from ya, right?

Fact is that this palm's hardware DOES suck and it will be a precious few who make it 2 yrs on one pre without replacements.
    And this brilliant insight was ganered how?? Oh, let me guess, counting the number of complaints on a forum, and totally ignoring the hundreds of thousands of users that are not having problems.
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    I think he has valid problems, but these same problems have been stated in nearly 10 other threads. Why not do a search and post in one of them? I think if people want more info on why people are leaving it would be infinitely better to have this stuff consolidated versus randomly threaded with poorly written titles throughout the forum. That people like the OP can't seem to come to this conclusion only makes me believe more and more that people are paid to come in here and dump and ultimately forces the rest of us to question even valid claims of malfunction or poor build quality. I guess I'm P-----g into the wind.
    I am 3 weeks shy of having a launch day Pre, and I have had zero problems with my phone. Hopefully now that I have said that I will not be struck with issue after issue. But, I do agree with some of the posts (good & bad) I think that Palm should be moving along a bit faster with some of the small things, ie: LED notifications,& Landscape options... etc. I completely understand that development takes time. This is a "race" in the technology world, no one can be first for ever! And my view is that WebOS is young and will show all of us that it is strong and can survive, give it some time and we wont be disappointed! I personally love the beta scene, if you want to call this that. Even if this phone/OS was perfect we would still be reading complaints, it's impossible to make everyone happy. To those that must leave, don't look back, cause Palm is going to take the rest of us on a cool ride. lol
    Some people just have bad luck with certain things, go figure. I was a June 6th purchaser and have had no problems with the hardware. If I have the dreaded "oreo" issue, I guess I just don't notice it. I did put on the new backing for the "stone", maybe that makes it feel different? Not sure....whatever....I really like my phone and I like knowing that each day I might have some new improvement....makes the phone a little more exciting?

If I was going to complain about anything, I just wish someone would come out with a strong financial calculator and something for Quicken. I do miss those two programs and will patiently wait. On the financial calculator, the folks at Infinity Software (powerOne Finance calculator, awesome!) say there is some issue they can't get around yet....but hopefully that will improve. But other than those 2 items, I do enjoy this gadget!

Oh, a friend of mine also has the Pre and he had an issue where the phone kept turning off. Turns out there was signs of moisture inside the battery area and he got a new one and no more problems. This guy doesn't always treat phones well so I doubt that was Palm's fault. He also dropped it down a full flight of wooden steps....and no problems. Not sure how that is whimpy construction.

And finally....different strokes for different folks. So many choices to choose from these days I'm glad I didn't have to put much thought into which phone to choose. I am happy with my Pre!
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Quote Originally Posted by qst4 View Post
    Anyone else think it would be cool for members to have the ability to rate a post into oblivion?
    I like this idea but am afraid that this would scare away new members. Is there a forum view that allows you to sort by ranking?
    i've know of flip phones that literally "flipped off" with cracked hinges, iPhones (more than a couple) w a broken screen after a three foot fall, horizontal sliders that oreo way more than my phone, phones that any time it was dropped the back and battery cam flying off... i could go on forever. electronics are, in general, fragile. while the hardware is a bit lacking in some regard (i've had nothing happen that i personally find to be a problem) i think all in all it's a nice little package.

hopefully as profits increase Palm is able to come out with another device down the road that is Treo-solid, but for now, considering that they don't have piles of iPod money lying around, i think Palm is doing pretty well. it takes $ to make anything happen, and that is all that Palm really seems to be missing. as far as inovation, being forward thinking, and creating the base for a great user experience are concerned, i think Palm ahead of others in most ways, and i truly do expect that in another few months people will look again at the pre and webOS and be amazed.
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Warblad13 View Post

cry me a river
    I said in my original post that I do not want to offend anybody but somebody obviously didn't read it properly for some reason. I would refrain from submitting my own pictures if I was you but hey not much we can do here LOL
  13.    #33  
    ... That people like the OP can't seem to come to this conclusion only makes me believe more and more that people are paid to come in here and dump and ultimately forces the rest of us to question even valid claims of malfunction or poor build quality. I guess I'm P-----g into the wind.

Like a conspiracy theory or something right??? I must say - very creative mind
    Last edited by mrtn; 01/06/2010 at 09:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    And this brilliant insight was ganered how?? Oh, let me guess, counting the number of complaints on a forum, and totally ignoring the hundreds of thousands of users that are not having problems.
    Talk to Sprint CSR's or Sprint stores...

They were replacing these things like people handing out candy on Halloween, during the first few months.

I have had my same Pre since launch and had no significant hardware issues. My wife has been through 5-6 Pre's (2 of her own doing, power button, battery not charging, failed to boot, etc.) and I also refused replacement of two because the replacements already had significant slider issues/oreo. My daughter has already had her Pre replaced (only had it two weeks) because it was stuck in headset mode (and trust me... I tried everything to get it out).

The first couple she received a new Pre (due to supply) and now they replace them with refurbs (where the quality is questionable).
    Why is it that when people with legitimate complaints mention them and voice their reasons for leaving the community, they're met with *******ery?

I would think that things that were significant enough dealbreakers for folks who were part of an enthusiast forum to leave the device would be valuable information to Palm, and thus to those who are opting to stick with Palm.

Not only is it childish, but saying 'buh-bye!' or making cry-baby comments not only serves absolutely zero purpose, but it also keeps much maligned threads like this bumped...
    Quote Originally Posted by AxeYrCat View Post
    Why is it that when people with legitimate complaints mention them and voice their reasons for leaving the community, they're met with *******ery?

I would think that things that were significant enough dealbreakers for folks who were part of an enthusiast forum to leave the device would be valuable information to Palm, and thus to those who are opting to stick with Palm.

Not only is it childish, but saying 'buh-bye!' or making cry-baby comments not only serves absolutely zero purpose, but it also keeps much maligned threads like this bumped...
    Mmm. You had me at "Why..."
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    I really wish people would think before they post. There's already a dozen of these "farewell" post, why not post your "2 cents" in one of those? All you're saying is the same as any other unhappy person. Maybe we just need a stickied Goodbye Thread to keep these out of sight. These threads are annoying.
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtn View Post
    Like a conspiracy theory or something right??? I must say - very creative mind
    You get richer by the post.
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanvbva View Post
    Talk to Sprint CSR's or Sprint stores...
    I have. The Sprint reps I talked to said that it's been about the same as any other phone they've released. One said that he had a lot more trouble with Centros than Pres (ironically, I had the same issue, I went through 3 Centros in 2 months, before they finally put me back on a 755P). My daughter was an assistant mgr at a Sprint store until early last year, and most of the folks in the store still recognize me when I come in and chat. They're pretty open about what their experiences.

I should also point out, they tell me that the cheaper the phone, the fewer problems/returns they seem to have (I suspect it has to do with expectations).

I've never had a Palm phone that has lasted as long as the Pre, except the 755p.
  20.    #40  
    You get richer by the post.
    Why would you need another post if you're leaving and not gonna use the forum again
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast