1. afx
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    My google account for some reason logs every contact I ever email which is alot since I run a business with it. how can I make google stop doing that and make my pre only import the contacts I want on google?

sorry if this is discussed but I couldn't htink of what to search for.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by afx View Post
    My google account for some reason logs every contact I ever email which is alot since I run a business with it. how can I make google stop doing that and make my pre only import the contacts I want on google?

sorry if this is discussed but I couldn't htink of what to search for.
    go to gmail.com and go to contacts and unclick the option that adds every email to the contacts... then delete them all and start over
  3. afx
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomeygun View Post
    go to gmail.com and go to contacts and unclick the option that adds every email to the contacts... then delete them all and start over
    I did that but my phone wont delete contacts its already imported for some reason.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by afx View Post
    I did that but my phone wont delete contacts its already imported for some reason.
    even if you go into contacts and then upper left menu, click on the gmail acct, then click to remove? I did that and it removed all the numbers that were synced
    once you delete them from the gmail website, go to your contacts app, then choose preferences from left drop down, and choose "Sync Now" it should remove the contacts that you deleted from google. The pre doesnt sync contacts that frequently, so if you delete a contact on google, dont expect it to disappear instantly on the phone.
    Also, move the contacts that you want to sync with your phone to the "My Contacts" section of Google contacts, then Sync Now, again. This is how I avoid all the one-time and/or occasional use email addresses syncing with my phone.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
  7. afx
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I think I got it covered now, thanks for the help guys!
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Do you guys know how to stop Yahoo Mail from syncing? I use my gmail contacts exclusively and would like to get rid of my Yahoo profile on my Pre.
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by metroff1 View Post
    Do you guys know how to stop Yahoo Mail from syncing? I use my gmail contacts exclusively and would like to get rid of my Yahoo profile on my Pre.

Go to Contacts - > Preferences and Accounts - > Then tap Yahoo which will bring you to Remove Account and poof gone.

It will just delete your contact sync and you can still otherwise keep any yahoo mail accts synced.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by metroff1 View Post
    Goto Contacts app --> Preference and Account and remove your yahoo account from the list.