1.    #1  
    OK, I updated to 1.3.5.1, and for a bit was fine.

Now, I cannot get my wifi to stay connected, it keeps giving me an "association failed" message, and I have to keep re-entering my WEP key for my home network.

Anyone else having this problem?

Anyone know of a fix for this? I've already done the normal troubleshooting steps with my gateway, and my laptop is staying connected just fine, so I'm pretty sure it's not a problem with the ISP or gateway.

~Kelly

"Two things are infinite: the universe, and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." ~Albert Einstein
    sorry not getting that problem. try deleting the setup and re-enter it.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

3.    #3  
    Do I delete the setup just by tapping the "Forget Network" button, or is there another way I should go about it?

~Kelly

"Two things are infinite: the universe, and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." ~Albert Einstein
  4. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rykatemom View Post
    Do I delete the setup just by tapping the "Forget Network" button, or is there another way I should go about it?
    I would suggest just rebooting the router and the Pre before deleting anything. I have this problem once in a while at home (although curiously never at work), and a simple reboot of one or the other (but do both to be sure this time) always solves the problem for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by rykatemom View Post
    OK, I updated to 1.3.5.1, and for a bit was fine.

Now, I cannot get my wifi to stay connected, it keeps giving me an "association failed" message, and I have to keep re-entering my WEP key for my home network.

Anyone else having this problem?

Anyone know of a fix for this? I've already done the normal troubleshooting steps with my gateway, and my laptop is staying connected just fine, so I'm pretty sure it's not a problem with the ISP or gateway.

What model router do you have? I have also run into the same issue, even prior to version 1.3.5. My router is a DLINK DIR-655. Intermittently it will connect and then other times I will get the "Association Failed" message. A quick reboot of the router fixes it temporarily only to have the issue repeat later.
  6.    #6  
    We don't actually have a router, we're running a home networking gateway. I think I got it fixed however, by rolling back to 1.3.5 and reinstalling. Running smooth now.

~Kelly