Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 34 of 34
  1. #21  
    Half the memory and speed? That sounds like a pretty awful idea. And it sounds like something you just made up considering Palm isn't doing any announcing at this moment at CES.

    Oh wait it was sarcasm. Ah ha ha.
  2. cjay4046's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    #22  
    Evn if the phone came with more memory, I would rather wait 6 months for an even better phone. I would rather have a bigger and better screen which would allow a bigger battery and a faster processor.
  3. #23  
    Everyone should look at the Verizon announcement in a good light. Verizon is picking up the Pre/Pixi. So what this would actually mean to the existing user base is that WebOS will have a larger user base and hopefully a long and meaningful useful life. The worse thing which could happen is that Verizon and the other wireless providers don't use webOS devices. Then it will mean that only the existing service providers have to make WebOS a success. Long live WebOS!

    Ok... yes, I don't like the fact that my Pre is outdated already, however, it's reality and life. I'm sure all of the iPhone users were ****ed when they came out with the iPhone 3GS. However how many upgraded to it after a several months? Same thing with the iPod with more memory. Yes, it would be nice to have a reprogram-able chip so that it could be faster just based upon a hardware flash, could add more memory just from a flash upgrade, however that's not the case in life. New hardware means typically a totally upgrade with electronics. Who ever designs that, I'll buy their stock as that will be awesome, especially since it's green (no more throw away electronics!).

    What we need is for Palm to continue to invent and create a better platform. WebOS is a tremendous opportunity for them. They need to make sure they expand their API's quickly, make sure that their OS is stable and don't have many disruptions in core capabilities (calendering, Contacts, Voice, email, chat, text, web browsing, data service, Wifi, etc...) Customers stay because of ease of use, reliability, speed of use (access to info/productivity), and meeting their expectations properly). Palm needs to set expectations properly and not over promise. There has been over hype and now Palm suffers from that. Continue to innovate and provide a good product with VALUE!
    Last edited by bobwonderful; 01/06/2010 at 08:48 AM.
  4. #24  
    I for one am glad Verizon is picking this up. First it will help my stock prices, but personally, the Pre has so much unlimited potential. With double the numbers in customers hands, I can only see the demand for future developments increasing, updates coming faster, and the improvements shared with all that use them.

    Any product has to have improvements to maintain and increase marketshare. Take computers and tv's, always bigger, better, slimmer, faster, not necessarily things you need, but ways to sell more. This is how technology improves. This is what is supposed to make you want to buy these.

    I bought on the first day, I am happy, do not need some of these things, but if they happen through expanded marketshare, great.
  5. #25  
    no, i do notwanna hear the "well you are an early adopter so you should have known..." BS. yes im happy that Verizon will pick up the pre, yes its great ATT will have it too, sure their Pres may have more memory, but as early adopters we got to play with the toy for 6 monthes. its a fair exchange.

    I AM SAYING...

    palm seems to be occupied with releasing new hardware here and there, which is great, but 6 monthes later the OS is still half baked and "hopefully" they will not forget about it, or adopt the policy of "let homebrew patches take care of the things that we should have put in initially but didnt..."

    What we need is for Palm to continue to invent and create a better platform. WebOS is a tremendous opportunity for them. They need to make sure they expand their API's quickly, make sure that their OS is stable and don't have many disruptions in core capabilities (calendering, Contacts, Voice, email, chat, text, web browsing, data service, Wifi, etc...) Customers stay because of ease of use, reliability, speed of use (access to info/productivity), and meeting their expectations properly).
    exactly!!! thank you! improvments in hardware are a great thing, but dont forget about the OS...
    Last edited by cheburashka; 01/06/2010 at 02:48 PM. Reason: spelling
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by cheburashka View Post
    palm seems to be occupied with releasing new hardware here and there, which is great, but 6 monthes later the OS is still half baked and "hopefully" they will not forget about it, or adopt the policy of "let homebrew patches take care of the things that we should have put in initially but didnt..."
    New hardware debuting every 6 months seems to be the nature of the beast now--I blame Apple and their iPods. Even Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft are doing it with their game consoles and it's really quite annoying for a product like that that doesn't need frequent updating.

    That said, the webOS side of Palm really does need to keep focused on optimizing the product. If the webOS Internals guys can come up with patches that work and don't break anything in no time at all, I would expect Palm to be able to do so as well considering they have access to everything in the OS they could possibly need.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by cheburashka View Post
    no, i do notwanna hear the "well you are an early adopter so you should have known..." BS. yes im happy that Verizon will pick up the pre, yes its great ATT will have it too, sure their Pres may have more memory, but as early adopters we got to play with the toy for 6 monthes. its a fair exchange.

    I AM SAYING...

    palm seems to be occupied with releasing new hardware here and there, which is great, but 6 monthes later the OS is still half baked and "hopefully" they will not forget about it, or adopt the policy of "let homebrew patches take care of the things that we should have put in initially but didnt..."

    exactly!!! thank you! improvments in hardware are a great thing, but dont forget about the OS...
    Yeah, pull those hardware design engineers off the hardware work, and get them working on the OS. It's all the same thing, right??
  8. #28  
    Oh screw u all.. you cant even vent on here anymore. listen i love the pre and webos and i would only trade this up for another webos device. i"m just saying. palm said that they would continue to use sprint as thier flagship carrier. I remember seeing a video of Mr rubinstien saying this.. now i see more support to verizon. why is this is all i am saying.. As for buying a new upgrade there is cash to spare.. its not that its the principle of it.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Disgustoid View Post
    Is the Pre the first electronic device you've ever owned? Because your childish whining sure makes it sound like it. Name one electronics company that has ever given free HARDWARE upgrades to existing owners when they released a newer model. Go ahead, I'll wait.

    Palm's not a charity and like every other company they're constantly upgrading their hardware and software. You bought a Pre early on and should have known that something newer would be coming 6 or 12 months down the line. Deal with it.
    As for you. you have no right calling me childish while all i am doing is expressing my opinion.. its a forum ******* get used to seeing people express feelings. who made you the forum police. And for your info i was upgraded from an htc touch to an htc touch pro for free!! As for something newer coming thats fine and dandy but palm said sprint would be thier flagship carrier.. then why save better products for verizon.. besides its not new just a upgraded pre.. if it was a new product i would be happy but this is bull but whatever.. its all good the more pre's and pixi's out there the better. btw suck it
  10. miata's Avatar
    Posts
    509 Posts
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    #30  
    My main concern is that Palm continues to get the revenue it needs to continue investing in the WebOS. The more, better phones that Palm can sell the better for WebOS and the better for me. Applications will also come...

    That being said, I was planning on moving to Verizon ASAP, so I really can't complain at all.:-)
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by harold42483 View Post
    Oh screw u all.. you cant even vent on here anymore. listen i love the pre and webos and i would only trade this up for another webos device. i"m just saying. palm said that they would continue to use sprint as thier flagship carrier. I remember seeing a video of Mr rubinstien saying this.. now i see more support to verizon. why is this is all i am saying.. As for buying a new upgrade there is cash to spare.. its not that its the principle of it.
    hey there tough guy, answer me this.

    after 6 months Verizon is getting more internal memory. whoop dee doo! Palm is CLEARLY in bed with Verizon now.

    did you ever stop and think that in 6 months Sprint will be getting the next latest and greatest WebOS device?

    the Touch Pro free upgrade was an entirely DIFFERENT situation. that wasn't a matter of HTC doing a memory upgrade and throwing all it's previous adopters new phones.

    Palm also said they are sending two new units to AT&T. now they are in the middle of a torrid technological threesome!!!! OH NOES!!!!!

    i would start burning down buildings if i were you.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by harold42483 View Post
    As for you. you have no right calling me childish while all i am doing is expressing my opinion.. its a forum ******* get used to seeing people express feelings. who made you the forum police. And for your info i was upgraded from an htc touch to an htc touch pro for free!! As for something newer coming thats fine and dandy but palm said sprint would be thier flagship carrier.. then why save better products for verizon.. besides its not new just a upgraded pre.. if it was a new product i would be happy but this is bull but whatever.. its all good the more pre's and pixi's out there the better. btw suck it
    I'm not the one saying Palm owes him a new phone because they released a new model on Verizon. If you want the phone so much, jump over to Verizon and get the new Pre. Then in six months, I'm sure you'll be whining up another storm because Palm released another new model on Sprint only. Rinse, repeat till the end of time.

    When you frame your opinion the way you did, are you somehow surprised that people think you sound like a whiny ***** with a bloated sense of entitlement?
  13. ndraiden's Avatar
    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    #33  
    i hope the memory upgrade is the only thing verizon has, i dont want the launch pre to be left behind
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by ndraiden View Post
    i hope the memory upgrade is the only thing verizon has, i dont want the launch pre to be left behind
    its just a phone. not a puppy.

    and once again, this is what's great about Palm controlling WebOS the way they do. any and all software updates will be seen across all carriers, regardless of who is flexing the biggest internal memory muscles.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions