Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    I don't know why all you guys compare Apple to Palm. Do you realize that Palm has 1,000 employees compared to Apple's 100,000+ employees? They have limited resources, and they obviously are not doing that well selling devices. They are working on so much for us, and after hiring the two guys from Mozilla, you can see some awesome stuff headed our way. Just relax.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Thanks everyone, well, I am disappointed with webOS, and the bottom line is, I am moving to RIM. Sorry guys, see ya over at crackberry forums!
    Why?
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    So tired excuse. iPhone 1.0 was better tuned and snappier than the current WebOS, and that was back in 2007, and it was running on worse hardware. There is no excuse for how laggy and choppy WebOS is in the year 2010 and with the type of hardware it has with the Pre.

you def never had a iphone when it first came out what a dumb comment. I have and still do have it in a box in a closet. The first iphone was mad buggy, but since were on that fact I also own a iphone 3gs was for biz purposes and it is jailbroken with all the BS they said it has and yes for the record most, im sorry like 90 percent of the 100k apps are BS for real and the games look just like NFS on palm. Also the 3gs is at times maddddddd slow expecially opening up the text app, and from going back and forth i prefer my pre since i can just keep the app open. The iphone when it lags you have to wait for that one app to open and if it freezes (which it does constantly but its a PDA) your in alot of trouble. Since there is no pulling the battery lol
    Quote Originally Posted by dylandersen View Post
    I don't know why all you guys compare Apple to Palm. Do you realize that Palm has 1,000 employees compared to Apple's 100,000+ employees? They have limited resources, and they obviously are not doing that well selling devices. They are working on so much for us, and after hiring the two guys from Mozilla, you can see some awesome stuff headed our way. Just relax.
    Because 900 of the came from Apple...LOL
    My HTC Evo Is Great...
    Quote Originally Posted by erikmarcus View Post
    Thanks everyone, well, I am disappointed with webOS, and the bottom line is, I am moving to RIM. Sorry guys, see ya over at crackberry forums!
    Nobody cares. You are a troll.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    I have had the Pre since July and noticed some lag while I had some patches installed. I ended up Doctoring the Pre several months ago and actually went two months plus without any homebrew, patches or themes. During that time, I saw no lag, even when side-by-side with my wife's iPhone 3GS. After 1.3.5, I went back to adding some patches, etc. and I continue to be more than pleased with the response time of the Pre.
    Keith George
    Palm Pre
    Palm Tungsten T
    Palm M100
    Palm Zire
    To each their own. I like multi-tasking, touch screens, and 3D games.
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    I told my Pre to go make me a sammich and it's still sitting here on my desk. So yes, that means it's slow.
    really. i just don't get blackberrys. seriously, i've played with some before -actually, that doesn't make sense. there's no playing with them. they send emails, and make phone calls, and...um, text. oh, they IM too. but, to their benefit, they do all of that very well.
    You won't see me on crackberry! blackberry is the most tired devices on the market.

roll roll roll click roll roll roll click roll roll battery pull. BORING
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    give it some time
    If you do a search on youtube you will find a guy that actually shows that that the pre will keep up and when switching to landscape the pre is smoother and faster. The pre does load apps a bit slower. But who cares. Is 3 -5 seconds gonna kill ya?
    The pre is slow. The pre is slow. That's all I keep reading.
    I don't have it yet ( waiting for SFR to bring it...) but this scares me.

I've watched like every video on youtube and I didn't see this crazy lag. Especially the scroll lag. Plus, webOs 1.3.5.1 is said to have improved the "snappiness".

I know it's asking a lot, but could anyone make a video where the Pre actually lag? Thanks. (after a full restart that is - I know about the memory leak)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sethiathome View Post
    I've watched like every video on youtube and I didn't see this crazy lag.
    Well, I've owned one for several months and I haven't seen it either.

A lot of people out there are under the impression that they can hack the software on an embedded device to completely and utterly change it's functionality and add all sorts of different functions and features while never rebooting it, and expect it to have no effect on performance.

Absolutely every single time I've encountered significant lag or performance issues on my pre, I've been able to easily trace it back to a patch or app I recently installed, and almost always been able to fix it by simply removing that app or waiting for an for it.
    All phones lag at times well I guess dumb phones don't. One thing that is fast on the Pre is the web browsing.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12