Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    I can not see why anyone would pick AT&T over Verizon or Sprint. But good news for Palm. Hey Palm, rename your phones something that doesn't suck. Believe me it will help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike77 View Post
    I can not see why anyone would pick AT&T over Verizon or Sprint. But good news for Palm. Hey Palm, rename your phones something that doesn't suck. Believe me it will help.
    Uh, I don't think people purchase a device based on the name of it. That's just stupid thinking.

You show me one device who's sales got impacted because of the name the manufacture chose to name it..
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    what the hell is going on with all this, AT&T also getting two WebOs phones has been announced today, what is sprint getting, the shaft.
    To begin with, it's still Wednesday. So, we don't really know all of what Palm's planning until... well... tomorrow.

And there's nothing that says Sprint won't get whatever's announced tomorrow. It wouldn't be a big deal for Sprint to substitute the Pre/Pixi Plus devices in their pipeline, I don't imagine. Of course, if they do, then we'll have hundreds of posts complaining about how folks just bought a Pre/Pixi and Sprint is giving _them_ the shaft by updating the devices.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Sprint has a conference tonight, I think, and Palm is tomorrow. I am certain both have...surprises.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike77 View Post
    The reason in the old days I choose Cingular (ATT) was they had good coverage (before they sold off towers to T-Mobile) and that traveling to Europe for extended stays was easy. Also I had a customer service rep from teh Office of the President who used to take care of me. (Give me credit for the price of Treos' before ATT subsidized them...)

ATT in my area is total crap now.
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    Uh, I don't think people purchase a device based on the name of it. That's just stupid thinking.

You show me one device who's sales got impacted because of the name the manufacture chose to name it..
    iPhone?
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Sprint has a conference tonight, I think, and Palm is tomorrow. I am certain both have...surprises.
    I know Sprint has a conference tonight but rumors are the only suprise is wimax and a LX Android device. If that is trully what happens, sprint is in big trouble. I mean they are far behing AT&T and Verizon as it is and they are both getting a bunch of devices. Lets hope we hear something new. I'm really ready to dumb Palm due to the poor built quality of the Pre. I just wish Palm would start selling licences for their WebOS to other companies so that we have a good build WebOS Device.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    I just got a $20 discount with Sprint off my monthly bill when I tried to cancel. Even still, I think I will cancel. Now that Palm has joined forces with Verizon and AT&T I bet you Sprint will be the last carrier to receive their new phones.
    Might just go with Verizon.

Yes I'd be saving 50 bucks per month with Sprint...I get it. I rather have the best coverage and device out there than the best price.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroove View Post
    I just got a $20 discount with Sprint off my monthly bill when I tried to cancel. Even still, I think I will cancel. Now that Palm has joined forces with Verizon and AT&T I bet you Sprint will be the last carrier to receive their new phones.
    Might just go with Verizon.

Yes I'd be saving 50 bucks per month with Sprint...I get it. I rather have the best coverage and device out there than the best price.
    I highly doubt verizon or AT&T will be receiving Palm Phones first. Palm and Sprint always had the best relationship so still expect for sprint to get the newest Palm Phones but if you want to change carriers to get like the Droid or the Iphone then I understand but not because of Palm devices.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    I highly doubt verizon or AT&T will be receiving Palm Phones first. Palm and Sprint always had the best relationship so still expect for sprint to get the newest Palm Phones but if you want to change carriers to get like the Droid or the Iphone then I understand but not because of Palm devices.
    Well, you could be right.

I'm thinking about changing to Verizon since it will soon have the new Pre, Nexus One and it already has the Droid. Of all carriers I believe by spring Verizon will have the most solid variety of smartphones.
    I love my Pre, but I see myself getting a new device before the year mark.
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericMusings View Post
    iPhone?
    No. I'm trying to say the name of devices that impacted them from selling any phones.

In your case, the same can be said about Razr too, but that's not what I'm talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean-Troy View Post
    I need a pre plus even though it's not clear what the plus is about
    its Palm Pre + more money on your bill!
    Quote Originally Posted by Young HoV 718 View Post
    I knew it was gonna happen, Ruby is not a ****** I know palm loves sprint but it had to happen. I read peoples above post and I agree with all of yall, at&t is pure trash. I was a former Iphone user and switched to the sprint. Sprint is a much better network. I live in ny I have never dropped a call with sprint but with at&t it was 2 to 5 thing a day.
    I live in NY too and have AT&T. The only place I regularly drop calls is on the train when it crosses into Connecticut or where it passes though tunnels. I suspect the reason you were experiencing dropped calls is because you were using an iPhone. They are not particularly good phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroove View Post
    Well, you could be right.

I'm thinking about changing to Verizon since it will soon have the new Pre, Nexus One and it already has the Droid. Of all carriers I believe by spring Verizon will have the most solid variety of smartphones.
    I love my Pre, but I see myself getting a new device before the year mark.
    So how many smartphones do you need?
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    So how many smartphones do you need?
    3. No maybe 4. I don't know. The one that makes me say I want that. So maybe 5. But I'm going to need a new one in 6 months. Hopefully a double-sided 5in see-through AMOLED screen with 3-D holographic touch that can sense my thoughts, therefore I won't have to say anything. It should also have x-ray technology. By that time hopefully it'll have the new 3 gigahetz processor from Qualcomm. Palm needs to announce this device at CES and available for this summer. If they don't, they'll be so far behind I don't know if they will be able to compete.
    Last edited by playboy; 01/06/2010 at 05:05 PM.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericMusings View Post
    iPhone?
    People didn't purchase the IPhone because of the name "IPhone". They purchased it because of it's features and because of the company that made it, Apple. Which is one of the reasons that I don't see myself buying an iPhone even if it were on Sprint. Something about Apple rubs me the wrong way. Always has, probably always will. I think when you purchase an Apple product, it comes with free smugness after 7 and every weekend.

To me, "IPhone" ranks up there with "Pixi" for stupid name of a phone award.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    People didn't purchase the IPhone because of the name "IPhone".

I think when you purchase an Apple product, it comes with free smugness after 7 and every weekend.
    Now, this is true.

To me, "IPhone" ranks up there with "Pixi" for stupid name of a phone award.
    iPhone makes sense, since it fits perfectly into Apple's branding and was a merger of the iPod and a phone. Pixi...... is still lame.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Voice of Reason View Post

Now, this is true.

iPhone makes sense, since it fits perfectly into Apple's branding and was a merger of the iPod and a phone. Pixi...... is still lame.
    "Not sure if serious?"

Fail..

Not sure if YOU'RE serious, is what it should say.
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    3. No maybe 4. I don't know. The one that makes me say I want that. So maybe 5. But I'm going to need a new one in 6 months. Hopefully a double-sided 5in see-through AMOLED screen with 3-D holographic touch that can sense my thoughts, therefore I won't have to say anything. It should also have x-ray technology. By that time hopefully it'll have the new 3 gigahetz processor from Qualcomm. Palm needs to announce this device at CES and available for this summer. If they don't, they'll be so far behind I don't know if they will be able to compete.
    Logical fallacy: Slippery slope

Definition: The arguer claims that a sort of chain reaction, usually ending in some dire consequence, will take place, but there's really not enough evidence for that assumption. The arguer asserts that if we take even one step onto the "slippery slope," we will end up sliding all the way to the bottom; he or she assumes we can't stop halfway down the hill.
    Palm has enough problems without AT&T. Granted, it would help them financially, but damn, AT&T? REALLY?
    The Saint
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast