• 1 Post By bobwill
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Any suggestions?
    uh? How about a little more info?
    Live free or DIE!
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    ok...so my pre wont go into dev mode...the upupdowndown wont work nor will the webOS20090606 code.

Any suggestions on why my pre wont let me go into Developer Mode?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaif View Post
    ok...so my pre wont go into dev mode...the upupdowndown wont work nor will the webOS20090606 code.

Did it used to work?

When you enter the code on the card screen does the icon appear? Do you see the code as you type it?

it should be webos20090606. not sure if case matters.
    Live free or DIE!

type upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart did you type all that?
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Did it used to work?

When you enter the code on the card screen does the icon appear? Do you see the code as you type it?

it should be webos20090606. not sure if case matters.
    It use to go into dev mode. Then last weeks update hit. I was unable to remove my patches cause I was out of town and the EPR tool was not showing up in Prewear (others have had this isses as well). So after update my Pre is wonky, I assume cause I was not able to remove patches...I get home from vacation and run the most updated webOS Dr....that brings us to now...Pre won't go into dev mode.
    Hmmm ... this one is a new one I think. Running webOSDoctor was successful? Try running it again and make sure you type everything correctly. The easiest is probably webos20090606.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Why not use "Prewear" ( ) or WebOS Quick Install to install the Unhide Dev Mode Icon patch/tweak?
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts

Give up typing that upupdowndown stuff and use Preware to download and install "DevMode Launcher". This application will turn dev mode on and off for you.
    Palm Pre OS 1.4.5 500/1000 MHz--Provider:Sprint
    <flame>Of course he can use Preware... how can he install Preware when he cant get into Dev mode?</flame>
    Live free or DIE!
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Oh ... right. He dr'd the phone. My only suggestion is to re-dr it.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    <flame>Of course he can use Preware... how can he install Preware when he cant get into Dev mode?</flame>

I am sorry for my stupid comment. Your are right...I had a brain f__t
    Palm Pre OS 1.4.5 500/1000 MHz--Provider:Sprint
    jagswim likes this.
    Well, i just tried the "webos20090606" and it still works. Palm Pre with WebOS 1.3.5.1 on Sprint
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    So today I updated to 1.3.5.1 and presto Dev Mode is back and webOS quick install is working once again!
    ok guys I am stuck in this same situation...I cant enable developer mode either. The enabler comes up but when I click on it it wont do anything. It also used to work. I tried wiping the device multiple times. I already have 1.3.5.1. Is there anyway to wipe the device back to before 1.3.5.1 and reinstall? Even when I ##RTN it says it reverts to factory defaults but the 1.3.5.1 is still on there. HELP!
    Last edited by alphaxdx; 01/26/2010 at 10:53 PM.