Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    David,

Just thought I'd give another update. I've now added in both google email accounts, contacts and calendar. Set the freq to As It Arrives and up'd the amount of mail to 1 month. All are working perfectly. Not one Phone Offline drop since I wiped my Palm Profile.

Last thing I will be adding back is my Facebook profile tomorrow, but I don't anticipate that being a problem either.

Later,

Tom
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    I had this same issue when I first replaced my phone a while back...the solution was to wipe your palm profile and start over. You dont lose your apps.. YOu will lose all phone settings and account settings and account credentials...which is not a big deal.. You will also lose you book marks and memos but a small price to pay to fix this issue..

First I deleted my backup (from backup app)
    Then wiped profile from online account
    Then did a full erase on the phone.... (from info app)

Restarted phone and did the normal setup and all was good form there. I think it has to do something with facebook....Everythin was usually fine until i synced facebook....

Hope that helps some people...
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I got my phone to finally take the 1.3.5.1 update and not go off-line.

I first deleted all my accounts on the phone, gmail, google calendar and google contacts and had just the palm profile, I then saved that as a backup to palm.

I then did a 1.3.1 webOS doctor and then ran the profile, let everything load (apps) and then added my gmail and google contacts.

I then let the 1.3.5.1 update happen, it seemed stable and I re-introduced my google calendar, and then facebook contacts and linkedin. so far all seems back to normal.

It was a crappy 2 weeks running 1.3.1 knowing .5.1 was out and having to remember to deny the update.

Hope palm has a smoother update for us on 1.4

I am loving my palm pre again!
    David E Thurman
    Downstate Illinois ARPH Representative/Coordinator

david.e.thurman@gmail.com
    (309) 222-5211 (mobile - text)
    @aussierescueil (twitter)
    www.aussierescueil.com (blog)

"Heaven goes by favor; if it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in." Mark Twain
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Have either of you had any issues with the setting for amount of mail to sync? I am pretty much working perfectly, but twice now when I've changed the gmail account to sync All Items instead of 1 month, I've had sporadic Phone Offline messages. (Only for a second or two, not for long periods like when the main bug hit. But enough to make me nervous and send me back to the setting to revert to the 1 month option.)

I'd really like to be able to have older emails on my phone. My inbox on gmail is very small (34 items) but some go back a year. It would be nice if there was an option to specify folders that we want all email sync'd vs the default setting for the other folders.

I guess I will wait until 1.4 and then try switching my main account from 1 month to All and see if the problem persists. Just curious what settings you guys were using. Also, are you using As It Arrives or a scheduled polling interval?

Thanks,

Tom
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Tom

I am still at 1 month as well, I haven't tried the sync all. I have mail from 2-3 years I need to track on adoptions.

I don't think I will try to sync any mail older then a month for now.

I have mine also set for as mail arrives no issue for now.

I was able to add all my LinkedIn and Facebook back on contacts, and on my Calendar.

I too hope the 1.4 update does some minor fixes besides the trick pony stuff.
    Last edited by dthurman; 01/17/2010 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Added other answer
    David E Thurman
    Downstate Illinois ARPH Representative/Coordinator

david.e.thurman@gmail.com
    (309) 222-5211 (mobile - text)
    @aussierescueil (twitter)
    www.aussierescueil.com (blog)

"Heaven goes by favor; if it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in." Mark Twain
    Quote Originally Posted by dthurman View Post
    I got my phone to finally take the 1.3.5.1 update and not go off-line.

I first deleted all my accounts on the phone, gmail, google calendar and google contacts and had just the palm profile, I then saved that as a backup to palm.

I then did a 1.3.1 webOS doctor and then ran the profile, let everything load (apps) and then added my gmail and google contacts.

I then let the 1.3.5.1 update happen, it seemed stable and I re-introduced my google calendar, and then facebook contacts and linkedin. so far all seems back to normal.

It was a crappy 2 weeks running 1.3.1 knowing .5.1 was out and having to remember to deny the update.

Hope palm has a smoother update for us on 1.4

I am loving my palm pre again!
    I am not very savvy and have been having this phone offline issue.

Im a bit confused as to how all of you fixed this and I dont want to lose my contacts!

Can you please give a little bit more detailed step by step instructions on how I can fix this?

When you say you saved your palm profile "as a backup to palm" what do you mean by that? you mean by clicking the "Backup Now" in the "backup" app

im so confused over trying to fix this phone offline thing my head is spinning
    i was having the same problem and i read all i could read about the topic. I was not about to do a full erase. what i found worked for me so far was just going to the Backup app and switching it off. let it delete the palm profile. then switch it back. oh and i got rid of my calendar accounts and took the phone out of developers mode b4 i did so. so far so good. All that reseting and switching airplane mode on and off... hogwash.
    I've finally traced this problem, for me, to my car charger. I have a cheapo usb cigarette lighter adapter, and every time I have my Pre plugged into it for more than a few minutes, it goes offline. Restarting after removing it from the charger seems to usually bring it back. Very strange - some weird voltage situation, maybe?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12