Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    i hit a letter it repeats about 30 times like the key got stuck press down. but it doesn't seem to be. Has anyone had this? it makes typing virutlaly impossible. you get into a sentence and when you look up you realize all you typed is"i'll be riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii"

anyone know the cause or a solution. is it software or hardware. I just webosdoctored my phone before 1.3.5. and the only patches i have are 4x4 icons v3. and silent charging.
    Do you use the phone in the rain sometimes? Maybe the circuit board under the keyboard has water corrosion.
    It could be something simple like that. You might be over-thinking it, what with patches and stuff like that, ya know?
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 01/05/2010 at 06:00 PM.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    i have this issue as well, though not as drastic. it mainly happens when pressing the spacebar. when it happens it'll space 3 to five extra times.. haven't gotten it wet (giggity lol)
    Quote Originally Posted by d.moss View Post
    I...... haven't gotten it wet (giggity lol)
    Quagmire!!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Do you use the phone in the rain sometimes? Maybe the circuit board under the keyboard has water corrosion.
    It could be something simple like that. You might be over-thinking it, what with patches and stuff like that, ya know?
    not even once. i don't think it's even been brought into the bathroom while i brush my teeth.
    Mine repeats, often, 20 keystrokes, and the pre is unresponsive while it's happening.
    Last edited by blackmagic01; 01/05/2010 at 08:03 PM.
    Have you tried pulling the battery?
    Mine was doing that for a while, not sure what fixed it but I pulled the battery and WebOS Doctored it and it's no longer doing it.
    It does it to me maybe once every couple weeks. If i see it happening and hit the same key again it stops repeating and I wont have much to backspace. It's never been that big a deal to me, but if someone finds a fix, or even a cause, that would be awesome.
    I've had three Pres and it does it sometimes on each one. Gotta be a software or hardware problem. It hardly ever does it so I just backspace it and be on with my texting heh. It's a pain but it only does it like once out of every 5,000 keystrokes.
    OK, this is not too hard to fix.

Just run your hands or fingers over all the keys on the keyboard, make sure you go over every key.

One of the keys is just stuck, and it can even happen on the best of keyboards.

Usually, when you find the stuck key, rubbing over it will get it unstuck.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

happen to me today the n key got stuck and repeated around 10 times. I never pree a key while I think what to write down. May be software, and Rob I kinda messed with the keys before that error happened. I was messin with the quake and doom apps and I was trying to figure out the controls.
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...key-stuck.html

'i' thread, meet 'f' thread. 24(+9) more threads to go!
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodgingbrom View Post
    It does it to me maybe once every couple weeks. If i see it happening and hit the same key again it stops repeating and I wont have much to backspace. It's never been that big a deal to me, but if someone finds a fix, or even a cause, that would be awesome.
    that's the thing. when it happens hitting the key or any other key does nothing. I don't think it's a stuck key cause today alone it happened for 5 separate keys. I checked it doesn't seem like anythings stuck pressed down. they all look the same height and i tried pressing them all. But the issue has rendered the keyboard darn near unusable. gonna bang on the keys again and try the battery pull and see how it works tommorrow. Funny thing is i bought the pre for the physical keyboard but i've become someone that can now thinks he may be able to live with a decent virtual one.

Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    Have you tried pulling the battery?
    honestly i don't even remember. wasn't taking notes on all the **** i did b4 and after webosdoctoring the thing. i'll try it.
    This is starting to happen to me now. I have a Sprint Palm Pre, webOS 1.4.5.

I know it's a software problem because resetting will fix it... temporarily it seems.

I've overclocked recently to uberkernel 1ghz and wondering if that is contributing to the problem.
    mine does this as well. wonder if sprint would clean keybd for me. seem to remember reading someone else wth iissue had it done to fix issue.
    Mine does it every couple of days. But my device will freeze up for about 5 seconds then when it unfreezes whichever the next key I press is (it always does it when I'm in the middle of typing) will get stuck until I press something else.
    Quote Originally Posted by BdotR View Post
    Mine does it every couple of days. But my device will freeze up for about 5 seconds then when it unfreezes whichever the next key I press is (it always does it when I'm in the middle of typing) will get stuck until I press something else.
    this has just started to happen to me out of the blue. i dont have any patches or anything. i dont think i've had much moisture on the phone. if i reset the phone, everything goes back to normal.

it is pretty damn annoying
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    I've had this happen once, but with multiple letters. Rebooting th phone fixed it, so I'd guess it was a software probem in my case.
    mine sticks on the nnnnnnnnn every now and then. kind of agrevating but i gues nothing is perfect..
    I am quite sick and tired of this bug myself. It is a SOFTWARE issue. It has happened to me on BOTH Sprint original Palm Pre phones I have owned.

It happens to me almost every single day and the only way to make it stop is to reset the phone (orange + Sym + R).

It happens to me ALL THE TIME when sending text messages to people and it is every single key of the keyboard.

My phone has never been wet and the whole phone goes crazy when this happens as it continues to be a "stuck key" and causes the menus to go haywire along with "hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" or whatever other letter you just pressed if you are lucky enough to exit the app you had open and get back to the main screen when it does.

This phone has definitely been the biggest piece of crap I've ever owned and I can't wait to get myself an android phone to replace it. Even though I have several apps that I love on this phone I don't think I am going to take a chance on the Palm Pre 2 being any better.

The whole WebOS is probably going to be completely dead in a year anyway even though it had mad potential.

If ANYONE knows how to fix this god damn bug I would really appreciate some insight.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast