Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I wont get the nexus because im invested too much in the pre to just up and leave. But if google release more phones, similar specs, in the same way, as in straight from google, unlocked and post internationally and be cheaper then the iphone, well i think i found where im going next year.

just for comparison the nexus is $530, and the 32gb 3gs is 550.
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scodoublet View Post
    This got me curious and for what it's worth I loaded up Engadget on both my Pre and My Droid using Sprint and Verizon 3G. The Pre took around 45 seconds to load completely and the Droid took around 35 seconds. Not really anything scientific but just thought I'd say what I found.
    I just tested it on my Pre. It took 54 seconds....BUT, I was also streaming Pandora at the same time. Of course when it finished I opened up the Engadget app and had it fully loaded in 14 seconds while Pandora was still streaming. I like the Engadget app better.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelick View Post
    dude LED notifications? There is a tweak for this for the Pre.

big deal.
    As I understand it there are different coloured LEDs, so you could set blue for SMS and green for MMS, for example. That's pretty cool.
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    Isn't the slow loading time due to Nexus loading up flash while iPhone doesn't?
    no.

Android's web browser is the slowest of the webkits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    no.

Android's web browser is the slowest of the webkits.
    I don't know if I believe this. My Droid loads up pages faster than my Pre on most occasions. Unless Verizon is just faster than Sprint...
    Quote Originally Posted by scodoublet View Post
    I don't know if I believe this. My Droid loads up pages faster than my Pre on most occasions. Unless Verizon is just faster than Sprint...
    Clear their cache, and test them over the same wifi network
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    I wont get the nexus because im invested too much in the pre to just up and leave. But if google release more phones, similar specs, in the same way, as in straight from google, unlocked and post internationally and be cheaper then the iphone, well i think i found where im going next year.

just for comparison the nexus is $530, and the 32gb 3gs is 550.
    Just for clarity, 550 is ~$883.25 US
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234