Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    am I the only one who doesn't really care for the nexus one at all? idk, just does nothing for me really
    This signature for rent
    wow. power of the snap dragon. makes the whole thing as smooth as desktop experience. it's the specs that matter because you know in a year or so they will exploit the capabilities and it will rock.

Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    I want one actually. If it comes to sprint im buying it. Unless palms adds what they are missing.
    Call me a Palm ******, but I'm just not into this. Sure, it's snappy. But I was just toodling around on my Pre and all of a sudden realized I had six cards open. Six!

How many apps can you run at once in Android? I forget. And no physical keyboard? No multi-touch?

Meh. Color me unaroused.
    This forum filters out the word F_A_N.B_O_Y? Lame.
    Quote Originally Posted by EdCates View Post
    This forum filters out the word F_A_N.B_O_Y? Lame.
    yea i know look at my signature
    Quote Originally Posted by rocknrollbandit View Post
    am I the only one who doesn't really care for the nexus one at all? idk, just does nothing for me really
    no, i'm with you. it's interesting, but based on what i've learned about it, it's nothing special.

yet. i'm sure everyone on here knows how quickly a phone can get better and better...
    on thursday you guys won't be b i t c h i n g about palm any more....i hope
    Quote Originally Posted by soupisgood08 View Post
    Oh, some folks will be b i t c h i n g about Palm no matter what's announce/delivered on Thursday.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    remember people yes google has alot of money to invest, but the android OS is based off of the old concept of windows mobile SBP Shell, its the same thing. The fan base for android is because everyone right now is looking to jump ship from iphone. I saw the phone running nothing new but the wallpaper and how the menu reels in. Palms been around for years and first started touch screen phones, google is brand new to the phone biz. Palm will always need a running start, until either there cash flow increases or a flagship company like Nokia ( i hope they do) buys them out. Once they get going people will see why Web os is the future like (noah at phonedog.net) has already crowned Web os the future and the best OS right now. So let them keep trying, but if you want to jump on the android wagon be my guest.
    Quote Originally Posted by soupisgood08 View Post
    I hope not, I hope they come out with something cool.
    Just because your sitting behind a computer does not give you the right to be rude to other's, try being nice you'll get a lot farther in the forums.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Nexus One OWNS!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iancarr27 View Post
    remember people yes google has alot of money to invest, but the android OS is based off of the old concept of windows mobile SBP Shell, its the same thing. The fan base for android is because everyone right now is looking to jump ship from iphone. I saw the phone running nothing new but the wallpaper and how the menu reels in. Palms been around for years and first started touch screen phones, google is brand new to the phone biz. Palm will always need a running start, until either there cash flow increases or a flagship company like Nokia ( i hope they do) buys them out. Once they get going people will see why Web os is the future like (noah at phonedog.net) has already crowned Web os the future and the best OS right now. So let them keep trying, but if you want to jump on the android wagon be my guest.
    I DO NOT want Nokia to buy Palm. Nokia does NOT know what they are doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Oh, some folks will be b i t c h i n g about Palm no matter what's announce/delivered on Thursday.
    and others will still be defending palm with "well when the iphone was 6 months old.." or there's a patch for that
    Android is only getting better... I guarantee they have working on multitasking for a while now. With snap dragon power in N1 it will only increase down the road.

Phones will multi-task with multiple programs on screen at once.

The Nexus One is a large step in the right direction. Sold unlocked AND (soon) subsidized with almost every carrier making phone networks into data pipes. A phone that ups hardware design with rubberized back, slim build, 5mp + flash camera and beautiful oled screen. A phone that starts the yearly google phone release. (Nexus2 3 4)
    No physical keyboard? Next...

Snapdragon? It would be something if there was a pre+ with that
    Android is forking too fast. If all these manufactures (not Google) keep putting custom GUI's on top of Android they are just going to confuse people. It will end up like Windows Mobile. A great OS but spread too thin, IMHO.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    The Nexus One is a large step in the right direction.
    ?? What large step? Acer liquid is identical in hardware for ex... So what's the "large step"?! One thing im sure, this will sell like crazy here in europe. Not because its something better but because is cheaper then the other android phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    Android is only getting better... I guarantee they have working on multitasking for a while now. With snap dragon power in N1 it will only increase down the road.

Phones will multi-task with multiple programs on screen at once.

The Nexus One is a large step in the right direction. Sold unlocked AND (soon) subsidized with almost every carrier making phone networks into data pipes. A phone that ups hardware design with rubberized back, slim build, 5mp + flash camera and beautiful oled screen. A phone that starts the yearly google phone release. (Nexus2 3 4)
    Seriously? I'm not Palm fan boy... I like the Pre, but sat anxiously awaiting what google would announce. After the announcement, I was really not impressed. It looks like a decent phone, I'm sure its better than a lot of phone out there, but somehow I don't take phones seriously if they don't have multitouch activated by default. Doesn't matter what features it has, they all somehow get trumped by that little detail. It just doesn't make sense why they would leave it out. Maybe its an issue with the AMOLED screen? Also, it doesn't make sense to have such a little amount of storage space by default. For me the lack of keyboard is a REALLY big deal killer as well.

As for your comment about multitasking... I think multitasking on other phones is a joke compared to WebOS so far. WebOS has a lot of problems with running out of memory and having to restart, but the interface is AWESOME. Hopefully apple and google will copy the interface, cause I can't imagine how else they're going to implement multitasking in a clean way.

I am not impressed. I did a test and my pre on wifi is about the same speed as the iPhone.

I will give Google/HTC that the nexus one is a sexy looking phone and I wouldn't mind that phone/form factor running WebOS.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast