1.    #1  
    Check out how quickly the dev of Trapster responded to my issue with his app. Now THIS is impressive.----

"POLICE OFTEN HIDE HERE" makes PANDORA nervous. by dbd 06:20 AM 01/03/2010 -- [Ed] [Reply] [!!]
    Well, i'm driving back to ATL from Tampa (at a rest stop right now, NOT posting and driving ) and enjoying Pandora AS ALWAYS.
    This is the first time i'm using Trapster along with it since we got 1.3.5 and i'm getting real aggravated.
    Every time the "Police Often Hide Here" warning echos through my car, Pandora just stops.
    If I remember correctly, didn't Pandora always resume automatically?
    -----------
    Sean@trapster.com 04:15 PM 01/05/2010 -- [Reply] [!!]
    Originally Posted by dbd:
    [;2128231]

Thank you, Sean. Looking forward to your help.
    Thanks again.
    -- Danny

Ok, this is a bug. Good find.

This occurred both while using Pandora, and the music player.

Look for a fix in the next update.
  2.    #2  
    Isn't it great to see devs care about their product and their customers?
    In addition to Sean, of Trapster, I know that DBalmer (of Wobble Words), Kev100000 (of Dealert) and the dev of Word Whirl (sachjj, or something like that) are others, that listen to us every day.
    I just wanted to say thanks.
    Hey out of curiosity....is this a pretty cool app? I've seen it in Preware and always wondered about it. How does it work? What info does it require and how does it know where speed traps are, etc?

Ah maybe I'll just dl it.
    A friend of mine had it but I have never tried it. I am going to bug him about this.
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgerblue View Post
    Hey out of curiosity....is this a pretty cool app? I've seen it in Preware and always wondered about it. How does it work? What info does it require and how does it know where speed traps are, etc?

Ah maybe I'll just dl it.
    Trapster is a really cool app...if you are in an area where other people use it. really cool to know wherw police hide and are active! Plus I feel like I am contributing when I can add a new location to the database...
  6.    #6  
    Wow. This made it down to page 4. Nobody has anything to say about this?
    You could, like, drive at the posted speed limit.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericMusings View Post
    You could, like, drive at the posted speed limit.
    Hardee har har, very funny.
    That wasn't the point though (Though, yes, it should be... I know )
    Couldn't resist stating the obvious. Sorry about that (well, okay, not really but your avatar looks so sad now).
  10.    #10  
    It's ok. I could take it.

Yes, the avatar is sad looking, but I just had to put it up there.
    I don't know why though.
    It's great to see the Devs follow up with their product. I deleted Trapster because it wouldn't play nice with Pandora. Pandora won out on that small battle.
    I'm usually very excited when I hear that a developer continues with an app because it helps feel like the app was worth the money. The updates also build up a reputation for certain groups so it's always a good idea money-wise to address updates as they are needed.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    I'm usually very excited when I hear that a developer continues with an app because it helps feel like the app was worth the money. The updates also build up a reputation for certain groups so it's always a good idea money-wise to address updates as they are needed.
    Trapster is free. That's what makes this even more impressive.
    No problem, dbd. Why write an app if I don't care how it was received by the community? Every app I write will have the "Submit Feedback" feature that Dealert has. I really want the community to drive what features get added to any of the apps I write.

Thanks for the shoutout.
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev1000000 View Post
    No problem, dbd. Why write an app if I don't care how it was received by the community? Every app I write will have the "Submit Feedback" feature that Dealert has. I really want the community to drive what features get added to any of the apps I write.

Thanks for the shoutout.
    Hey, no problem, Kev.