Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    so installed a theme using preware and it worked, however, preware didn't think I installed it so it says I didn't install it even though it did. How do I remove it?

I already tried using Web OS quick install to remove it but it didn't work. Any other tips?

Please, I'm desperate.
    Quote Originally Posted by blankiek View Post
    so installed a theme using preware and it worked, however, preware didn't think I installed it so it says I didn't install it even though it did. How do I remove it?

I already tried using Web OS quick install to remove it but it didn't work. Any other tips?

Please, I'm desperate.
    try installing other theme over that and try uninstalling the new one ... that work!
    ummm... i dont think installing two themes is a good idea.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    yeah, so what should I do? I don't wanna doctor my phone because of this stupid problem. Anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by trinidon2k View Post
    ummm... i dont think installing two themes is a good idea.
    is not installing two themes, is installing one over the other one!!!!
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    is not installing two themes, is installing one over the other one!!!!
    So, my phone wont get messed up if I install another theme? Cause I do not want to run the doctor.
    which theme is it?

Did you try clicking on the default button in webos quick install? (Tools>Themer>Revert to Default)
    Or maybe you can try re-installing the same theme and then seeing if you can uninstall through preware?
    So, my phone wont get messed up if I install another theme? Cause I do not want to run the doctor.
    nop because u instllaing over the older one!!!....im pretty sure if u install the new one and uninstall it ... is going to uninstall just fine!
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trinidon2k View Post
    which theme is it?

Did you try clicking on the default button in webos quick install? (Tools>Themer>Revert to Default)
    Or maybe you can try re-installing the same theme and then seeing if you can uninstall through preware?
    It's the Droid theme. And yes I already tried that in Quick Install. I also tried reinstalling it but it just gave me an error.
    Installing one theme over another is generally a bad idea. Not all themes modify the same files, you you can have graphics left over, etc. You can reinstall the base theme (WebOSQI does this) or you can actually copy the files over. Make sure you reboot after you run the revert in WebOSQI.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bill.millett View Post
    Installing one theme over another is generally a bad idea. Not all themes modify the same files, you you can have graphics left over, etc. You can reinstall the base theme (WebOSQI does this) or you can actually copy the files over. Make sure you reboot after you run the revert in WebOSQI.
    I did reboot.
    Last edited by blankiek; 01/05/2010 at 03:43 PM.
    wait for someone else to chime in about installing two themes... i've read countless times that you should uninstall one theme before installing another theme. I'm not completely sure how it works but I'll heed other people's warnings.

If your only other choice is to webos doctor then you might as well try what SISGO said.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Just wanted to let you all know, I found a fix for this. I reinstalled the same theme using WebOSQI. Then I used WebOSQI to delete the theme and it worked.

Thanks for all of your help!
  14. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Just wanted to let you all know, I found a fix for this. I reinstalled the same theme using WebOSQI. Then I used WebOSQI to delete the theme and it worked.

Thanks for all of your help!
    I replied to your first post for help.....Serves me right for replying to someone who double-posts I'm glad you got it solved though!