1.    #1  
    all my preware apps and patches are still listed as installed. i cant install or uninstall them. but they do not work. only a few things like WXRAD work. but quake does not even tho the icon shows up. and this was a clean doctored phone. so i dont no how or why this has happened. if anyone know how to fix it. let me know. for right now im going to manually drop all my patches into quick install and just force them on the phone
    hopin that will work
    try doing a partial erase..if still are there,maybe need a partial erase with the back up off.. Don't do it before trying only partial erase because if you turn off back up app is cleaning ur profile!
    I had this same problem, but with patches not quake. I posted a thread over in the webos-internals forum. I've done a full erase in order to get rid of the cryptofs partition and start fresh.
    Twitter: dullgeek
  4.    #4  
    tried partial tried full, no luck. it wont go away! can i plug it into my computer and just erase it myself?
    open up webosQuickInstall and go to tools and then Device management on the side it will list "applications".. all of ure preware patches will be listed under "applications" check them all off and then click uninstall. Next change "applications" to "patches".. this will list ure QuickInstall Patches.. do the same. Restart Luna or just restart ure phone.. open up preware.. and u will notice theyre not under installed anymore.

Hope this helps.. let me know if it works for you.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdarknessb View Post
    open up webosQuickInstall and go to tools and then Device management on the side it will list "applications".. all of ure preware patches will be listed under "applications" check them all off and then click uninstall. Next change "applications" to "patches".. this will list ure QuickInstall Patches.. do the same. Restart Luna or just restart ure phone.. open up preware.. and u will notice theyre not under installed anymore.

Hope this helps.. let me know if it works for you.
    nope, shows nothing installed under patches. only application. only preware shows anything installed

thanks, but no luck. im ready to make a new palm profile and just hope that wipes everything
    try to re doctor it
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Irocdaspot513 View Post
    try to re doctor it
    well from what im getting from everywhere is that the doctor doesnt touch those files so that wont help, ever. what i need is a full format of the phone where it wipes everything. which is what the doctor did, but i guess not anymore.
    If you re-doctor it, use something like WEbdr 1.2 or a version that doesn't allow the Pre to keep it's apps (homebrew or otherwise). 1.3.1 or greater will leave some patches/mods. You'll have to Webdr with a version < 1.3.1.

You could also try Webos Repair Utility once it is ready (Jason is working on a 1.3.5 version of it).
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    If you re-doctor it, use something like WEbdr 1.2 or a version that doesn't allow the Pre to keep it's apps (homebrew or otherwise). 1.3.1 or greater will leave some patches/mods. You'll have to Webdr with a version < 1.3.1.

You could also try Webos Repair Utility once it is ready (Jason is working on a 1.3.5 version of it).
    final solution is waiting for the WebOS Repair utility. but i have the rar with all the patches on it so i just used quickinstall to drag them onto the phone. i cant install anything with preware, i can unistall them tho. but at least i have the patches i want, even tho it shows them bein installed twice.
    its my work around.. and ill stick with it till i see something in preware i really want and i cant get
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Add me to the list of those with a gummed up phone.

1.35.1 updated with patches and now I see them, but can't use them.

Web repair utility did nothing.

Patches remained on phone after running webdoctor (didn't read I needed an earlier version until After I had done it DOH!

Guess I also wait for the 1.35.1 version of the repair utility?
    Last edited by kahoon; 01/06/2010 at 10:30 AM.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Huh..... tried removing the patches via webpackagequickinstall, first checking off all the patches and then clicking on uninstall.

Got an error message on each and every patch.

No idea how/why it happened, but now all the patches are gone from my phone.
    the patches may not actually be there, it could be just the listing in the cryptfs section. the patches are treated like programs that they have a folder in the cryptfs folder with the recovery information when you want to remove the patch. but since the doctor doesn't remove those folders preware and everything else will see those folders and think the patches are still installed.

the only way at this time would be to ssh into your phone sudo -i and go to the folder and start rm -rf those folders
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    The patches were (initially there after the 1.35.1 update) there (but I was unable to use them). but after using the method suggested above, checking off each and every one, then uninstall, receiving an error message for every one, and when my phone rebooted, they were all gone.

Have gone back and re-installed them all and all seems to be well.

Special thanks to bdarknessb
    Quote Originally Posted by kahoon View Post
    The patches were (initially there after the 1.35.1 update) there (but I was unable to use them). but after using the method suggested above, checking off each and every one, then uninstall, receiving an error message for every one, and when my phone rebooted, they were all gone.

Have gone back and re-installed them all and all seems to be well.

Special thanks to bdarknessb
    Glad i could help.