Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have a question. Is there anyone else out there that has installed the patch for Blinking LED Notifications and it has never worked? I am still on my original pre from release day and have had no problems(that weren't fixable). My buddy that stood in line with me also installed the patch and it didn't work for him either. Is there a problem with the original pre's not being able to do Blinking Notifications? I have even done the command line commands to change brightness temporarily and those work fine. I can't believe that I know of two pre's that don't blink and there not be others out there.

Anybody?
    After installing the patch did you go to Screen & Lock preferences and turn on Blinking Notifications? The patch enables the option to turn them on and off, but doesn't turn them on by itself.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Does your button glow when you swipe?
    Maybe your led no worky.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nachob View Post
    after installing the patch did you go to screen & lock preferences and turn on blinking notifications? The patch enables the option to turn them on and off, but doesn't turn them on by itself.
    exactly!
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    After installing the patch did you go to Screen & Lock preferences and turn on Blinking Notifications? The patch enables the option to turn them on and off, but doesn't turn them on by itself.
    this would be good to do...
  6.    #6  
    Yes I have the blinking notifications turned on in screen & lock. I should have mentioned that in my previous post. I also get the glowing led when I swipe down. As I mentioned in my previous post you can do some low-level commands to turn on the LED and that works fine, but as for getting blinking notifications, it still doesn't work. No one else with a day 1 phone is experiencing this phenomenon?
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesL View Post
    Yes I have the blinking notifications turned on in screen & lock. I should have mentioned that in my previous post. I also get the glowing led when I swipe down. As I mentioned in my previous post you can do some low-level commands to turn on the LED and that works fine, but as for getting blinking notifications, it still doesn't work. No one else with a day 1 phone is experiencing this phenomenon?
    Honestly, the best thing to do is to use the most current WebOSDoctor and see if you can enable it after using it.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    You might need to restart your phone if you turned on the option and not seeing it. It should show for texts and emails.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
  9.    #9  
    I may use the doctor when they release 1.3.5.1. I want to backup my text and call logs first so I can have them after doctoring. I have done significant low-level (optware programs, etc) and have to decide whether or not I want redo all that just to get led notifications.

@DSPKweb I have rebooted turning the setting on and off many times to no avail. Thanks for the help though.
    It worked on my launch day Pre with no issues. You are using the most recent WebOS, correct?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Have a day 1 phone, and it has always worked fine for me. I cant imagine, that there are two PRE's, both of you know....that neither have been able to get it to work.

I thought blinking LED notification wasnt even a patch anymore, and came in WebOs 1.3??
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    It worked on my launch day Pre with no issues. You are using the most recent WebOS, correct?
    Yes I am on 1.3.5.1, but my blinking LED has never worked. I believe the functionality was added in 1.2.1 and with the patch to enable it (and it turned on), I still have no luck.

I think my best bet will be spending the weekend Doctoring and restoring to my current state assuming the doctor is available for 1.3.5.1 before the weekend. I would prefer not to have to doctor to 1.3.5, upgrade, and then restore all my stuff.

I will also check my buddy's phone and see if his has started working. I think he doctored recently.
    Does the led blink for missed calls and voicemails because mine doesn't. It does blink when I get a text though.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Yes it should blink for missed calls, voicemails, emails, and texts.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Quote Originally Posted by DSPKweb View Post
    Yes it should blink for missed calls, voicemails, emails, and texts.
    Oops it just doesn't show when I get a missed call. Should I uninstall and reinstall to see if that fixes it?
  16.    #16  
    Just to let everyone know I finally did a full erase and Doctored my phone and with just preware and package manager service installed I installed the patch and my LED still didn't work. So unless there is something in my Palm Profile that is precluding my LED from working I guess my Pre just isn't working properly. I also tested my buddy's and his is working now.

Unfortunately since Palm hasn't made it a true function of the phone yet, I will have to wait to get a replacement so I can prove to sprint that the phone function is not working properly.

Alas thanks for any ideas.
    Related fun fact: the patch will not work unless your system language is English. I installed the patch on my German Pre, and it broke my screen & lock preferences app. Switching the system language to English repaired screen & lock and everything was fine. LED notifications worked beautifully.

The only problem was that English system language also changes the way your special characters are handled. I'm specifically thinking Umlauts here. In the German version, sym-a-sym gives me the Umlaut . Switching my system to English (which I wouldn't otherwise mind; quite the opposite actually) turns sym-a-sym into , which i never need. would require me to stop typing and tap the screen. Umlauts are basic letters in German; you can't really do without them.

Oh well, LED notifications are just like a cherry on top. I'll simply have that delicious cake as it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesL View Post
    Just to let everyone know I finally did a full erase and Doctored my phone and with just preware and package manager service installed I installed the patch and my LED still didn't work. So unless there is something in my Palm Profile that is precluding my LED from working I guess my Pre just isn't working properly. I also tested my buddy's and his is working now.

Unfortunately since Palm hasn't made it a true function of the phone yet, I will have to wait to get a replacement so I can prove to sprint that the phone function is not working properly.

Alas thanks for any ideas.
    You might want to try going into Device info > preferences > Quick & Interactive tests. These will test the hardware and software on your Pre and tell you if everything is operating properly.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    You might want to try going into Device info > preferences > Quick & Interactive tests. These will test the hardware and software on your Pre and tell you if everything is operating properly.
    Thanks for the info. Tried it out and everything seemed to work ok. Something I noticed though on another pre is that when you do a back or forward gesture the center button lights up. Mine definitely does NOT do that so must have a genuine Hardware issue. What's weird is if I swipe down it glows on and off. Who knows....
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    I just did a quick test (thanks vza33) and discovered I had a problem with my hardware, particularly WiFi (Code 25).

Wasn't expecting this....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast