Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1.    #1  
    When I use the Orange + click on the address in a contact and choose "Sprint navigation" it still won't work. It just hangs on the opening page.

    Is anyone else getting this to work?

    Lets keep in mind people who use patches and tweaks (which I do), and those who do not. If you can say first whether not it works, and then if it does, do you have tweaks done to your Pre using WebOS Quick Install and/or Preware?

    Thanks.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
  2. edlex's Avatar
    Posts
    657 Posts
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    #2  
    You're right. I just clicked on an address from contacts and it just hung on the opening nav screen. Hadn't used it since I made nav my default. I hope they fix it soon being that's it's a nice function to have, when it works that is.

    Oh, plain vanilla pre here by the way.
    FYI: My Pre is as plain vanilla as the day it came out of the box...
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    When I use the Orange + click on the address in a contact and choose "Sprint navigation" it still won't work. It just hangs on the opening page.

    Is anyone else getting this to work?

    Lets keep in mind people who use patches and tweaks (which I do), and those who do not. If you can say first whether not it works, and then if it does, do you have tweaks done to your Pre using WebOS Quick Install and/or Preware?

    Thanks.

    is that for the new 1.3.5 sprint nav ? what version you using? i have the old one and when i click on orjange + address i only get google maps
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by edlex View Post
    You're right. I just clicked on an address from contacts and it just hung on the opening nav screen. Hadn't used it since I made nav my default. I hope they fix it soon being that's it's a nice function to have, when it works that is.

    Oh, plain vanilla pre here by the way.
    How did you make Sprint Nav your default?
  5. #5  
    I Just Tried mine and it works with Google Maps fine, Then i tried with Sprint Nav And It Hung On The Opening Screen. I have tweaks on my phone installed with WEBOS QI.
    My HTC Evo Is Great...
  6. #6  
    This is an known error.....few threads on this already.
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ion-stuck.html
  7. #7  
    Just open Sprint Nav first, then try it and it will work
  8. edlex's Avatar
    Posts
    657 Posts
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    How did you make Sprint Nav your default?
    Go to the info app and in preferences it will let you choose defaults.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    Just open Sprint Nav first, then try it and it will work
    I guess your saying just to paste in the info from the contact by opening the Sprint Nav first? Well, it's just as easy typing in the info right?
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    I guess your saying just to paste in the info from the contact by opening the Sprint Nav first? Well, it's just as easy typing in the info right?
    Nope...

    1)open Sprint navi
    2)insure that your default map app is set to Sprint nav
    3)open contact and click the address
    4)it opens in Sprint navi without crashing

    Not ideal but it works.
  11. #11  
    Unfortunately leaving Sprint Nav running would probably eat the battery pretty quick. I suspect it turns on the GPS even when it's sitting on the main menu.
  12. edlex's Avatar
    Posts
    657 Posts
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Unfortunately leaving Sprint Nav running would probably eat the battery pretty quick. I suspect it turns on the GPS even when it's sitting on the main menu.
    Guaranteed it will devour your battery!
  13. kaicho's Avatar
    Posts
    51 Posts
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    #13  
    webOS 1.3.5 only...no patches

    Orange button+touch address on The Contact> select Sprint Nav> hangs up

    Nav is still not working through Contacts.

    Only works if Nav>drive to>contact>


    FYI Google Map works by:
    contact>touch address> starts Google Map
    contact>orange+touch address>select > starts Google Map
  14. #14  
    [Just open Sprint Nav first, then try it and it will work]


    That actually makes it work but defeats the purpose. If I open Sprint Navi then I will just look for the contact through there...Nice try Palm, please fix this.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by edlex View Post
    Go to the info app and in preferences it will let you choose defaults.
    Man this website is the best of all time. I have not explored that feature yet under the phone info app! Thanks ED
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
  16.    #16  
    actually doing what I just did with the setting the default app to aprint nav, I tapped an address in a contact, and i got the same problem where the Sprint Nav app just hung on the open screen and never started

    oh well, must be a Palm issue.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    When I use the Orange + click on the address in a contact and choose "Sprint navigation" it still won't work. It just hangs on the opening page.

    Is anyone else getting this to work?

    Lets keep in mind people who use patches and tweaks (which I do), and those who do not. If you can say first whether not it works, and then if it does, do you have tweaks done to your Pre using WebOS Quick Install and/or Preware?

    Thanks.
    It's a known issue. See this thread on the official Palm forums:

    Sprint Nav from contact screen does not work 1.3.5

Posting Permissions