Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've been seeing a lot of blog comments putting down the good work of hundreds of developers. Now, it's time to own up. If the work they have been doing doesn't cut the bread, what do you want to see up there?

Be specific. People are listening. Thanks!
    I want to see docs2go finally released, it is the only thing that is starting to **** me off.

then a MS RDP compatible client. No more VNC is needed, RDP, YES.
    I think that many of the apps currently available are very nice--I've bought quite a few. At the same time, there are some specific apps that I'd love to see from some of the more "mainstream" vendors (e.g., those with apps already on the iPhone, BB, and Android). Many of them, I believe, aren't yet available because developers haven't (officially) had deeper access, e.g., GPU support, mike, camera, etc., and the Developers Program hasn't officially gone live yet. Others aren't there probably just because there's not enough market momentum yet.

I think Thursday's announcement will change all of that a bit... Some of what I'd like to see are:

1. Shazam
    2. WordPress app (coming)
    3. Slingplayer
    4. Photoshop.com
    5. Shopper app with barcode (can't think of the name)

There are others, I'm sure, but again: I think we'll hear much more about this on Thursday. My prediction: we'll all be much happier.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    I'm all for Slingplayer, and it'd be cool if OnLive comes out finally and brings with it a WebOS app.
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Sling player, orb, docs2go, proper IM client like Meebo, RDP(logmein), Voice Memo, File Manager, **Oh wait thats my old Treo**
    Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    Sling player, orb, docs2go, proper IM client like Meebo, RDP(logmein), Voice Memo, File Manager, **Oh wait thats my old Treo**
    Meebo is available, it is offered through the browser after all. Orb apparently already works, and Internalz and Terminal function as a very good File Manager together.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    I think Thursday's announcement will change all of that a bit... Some of what I'd like to see are:

1. Shazam
    2. WordPress app (coming)
    3. Slingplayer
    4. Photoshop.com
    5. Shopper app with barcode (can't think of the name)

There are others, I'm sure, but again: I think we'll hear much more about this on Thursday. My prediction: we'll all be much happier.
    It wasn't the one I was looking for (Keene Studios), but Post'er is in the App Catalog today.
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    I'm working on a blog app suppose to incorporate blogger, wordpress Live Journal and Xanga for now
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    It wasn't the one I was looking for (Keene Studios), but Post'er is in the App Catalog today.
    I hadn't noticed that, thanks. I was thinking of the other one as well, but this is worth a shot at $.99.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Lotus Notes in some form (work doesn't allow imap connection for me)

Music player that isn't a bogged down piece of crap

Photo Editor

Google Latitude (yes i know you can hack it with a link, i want this to work WELL)

Drop Box (would be so useful)

Program which auto uploads photos (the current selecting each, one at a time, in things like pixel pipe is REALLY old)
    Dream List:
    Shazam-like audio/music recognition
    Voice recognition typing
    Contact tagging - grouping
    Backgammon
    Image crop/edit
    Online banking
    Mojong
    Tetris
    Better Backup App
    Allrecipes.com sync
    automated patch uninstall-reinstall
    1. Voice dial
    2. Mileage program that exports for business expenses (not MPG, a true MILEAGE program)
    3. Live TV feeds (Vuivision only worked for a couple of weeks)
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Ditton on the Shazam, I also want to see a nice slideshow app for pictures, and simple games such as Papi Jump, and Tower Defense.
    Palm for life
    IIIx...TE...TX...Pre

Just an FYI, if Palm allows for barcode scanning in any future SDk releases, I will add that functionality to my app, Dealert.
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    1: Docs to go
    2: EA Sudoku (the ambiance background music and artstyle..amazing)
    3: pTunes (Skins music player be great)
    4: Audible player!!
    5: A PIM Suite along the lines of Clie Organizer..I know I'm dreaming but I'll dream big! At least I'd like to see a better calendar app and when you go to card view, the card for the calendar will display in big fonts the next 3-5 appts coming up.
    I must say dealert is great, though the abillity to REMOVE certain stores would be great too.
    I don't know if the lack of macro focus on the Pre can be solved in software to allow for barcode decoding. The Pixi seems to do better in this regard, as far as picture clarity.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    DateBk6!
    Navigation for GSM Pre!
    Shazam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by gtkansan View Post
    I must say dealert is great, though the abillity to REMOVE certain stores would be great too.
    Heh, you actually can! Head into the "Feed Manager" from the app menu and uncheck any store you don't want. You can also re-order them as well.
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast