Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    I don't know if the lack of macro focus on the Pre can be solved in software to allow for barcode decoding. The Pixi seems to do better in this regard, as far as picture clarity.
    My mockup of a "solution" from a thread I made a while ago.
    Its as simple as replacing your battery cover. Slide macro lens over and you got a good barcode scanner.

Anyway, the Apps I still rely heavily on my iPhone for are Photo Enhancers. I really don't get why we don't have any yet.
    The program I really REALLY want to see brought back into the Palm world is CityID. This used to be an application for the old PalmOS which would not only display the State incoming calls are located, but also the City they are coming from. Currently, Verizon just signed with the developer (Cequint) to make this an add on service for Verizon customers ($1.99/mo) instead of an add-on application for a phone.

I really wish someone would/could come up with this as a Home-Brew for the Pre. Because of I cover a large area for work, it was always incredibly useful to see the City/State information displayed for each incoming call.

Anyone capable of tackling this?
    A really good dictionary.
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    I purchased my Pre as a fun, 1st gen phone. It hasn't let me down one bit. Every few days or weeks, my Pre is like a "new" phone thanks the the development team and Palm. Not to mention, Palm at CES was smartphone **** for me. Keep it going, everybody!
    I would like to see the usual stuff--nothing fancy, just things like eBay, facebook, ESPN, you know so we don't have to be constantly trying to view complex websites on a tiny little screen. It doesn't have to be such a chore and it isn't for owners of other modern smarphones.
    I'd really like the following apps:

1) Pocket Quicken (really miss this one)
    2) Really good financial calculator like the one from Infinity Software (they say they still can't do what they need to be able to do with webOS?)
    3) A program to track your business mileage, that would be soooo simple!

Get me these 3 things and all the recent improvements and I'm very happy!
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    A really simple checklist app that can use lists cut and paste in.

I used one on my Treo for shopping lists (simpler than the enter one at a time shopping apps). Import a list from a memo or cut and paste one in from an e-mail and set checkmarks. Allow purging of checked items.

That would make my life simple.
    PalmPilot Pro --> Palm III --> Palm V --> Palm 505 --> Treo 700p --> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev1000000 View Post
    Just an FYI, if Palm allows for barcode scanning in any future SDk releases, I will add that functionality to my app, Dealert.
    Awesome. BTW, you've saved me roughly $200 bucks in the last couple months. I hope I've made restitution by making my friends who own Pre's/Pixi's buy your app.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    The program I really REALLY want to see brought back into the Palm world is CityID. This used to be an application for the old PalmOS which would not only display the State incoming calls are located, but also the City they are coming from. Currently, Verizon just signed with the developer (Cequint) to make this an add on service for Verizon customers ($1.99/mo) instead of an add-on application for a phone.

I really wish someone would/could come up with this as a Home-Brew for the Pre. Because of I cover a large area for work, it was always incredibly useful to see the City/State information displayed for each incoming call.

Anyone capable of tackling this?
    Well, there's the homebrew patch that tags the state of an incoming call at least. It's inside of Preware, if you want to take a gander at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Voice of Reason View Post
    Awesome. BTW, you've saved me roughly $200 bucks in the last couple months. I hope I've made restitution by making my friends who own Pre's/Pixi's buy your app.
    Haha, thanks man! I appreciate the support and am happy to have saved you $200.

I just started work on 1.2.0, and it will have some pretty nifty enhancements. Stay tuned!
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    more games!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12