Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    What will happen to us Pre owners when Palm goes down in flames?

I LOVE my Pre...best phone I ever owned, but...with less than 10% of the market share, and dwindlin interest...how can Palm survive?
    What will happen when they fold? Do our phones die too? Does Sprint drop it?
    We'll be long dead when that happens...hopefully!

If Palm dies, then I imagine that we would all be out of luck. Palm would have to do something to allow webOS to run without a Palm profile or they would sell the platform to someone else. webOS is too valuable to just go away anytime soon.
    somebody will take over. Sprint wont push u a new phone for this reason.

and as it stands, Pre is good with or without palm.

for such a beautiful OS, i highly doubt there wont be anybody want to buy even if palm were to fold. which, IMHO, wont happen for at least another two years.
    After this week we will know when Big Red will be getting the Pre as well as other possible carriers. If things do no look on the up this time next year then we can speculate. I think for know it is way to early in the game and they have to much invested to just roll up now...
    They are going to fold on 2/29/2010, and our phones will either disappear completely, or turn into iPhones or Droids, depending on how we've treated them.
    I think apple should buy Palm and then we would get best of both worlds. Even though I hate apple and refuse to become an apple zombie.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    They are going to fold on 2/29/2010, and our phones will either disappear completely, or turn into iPhones or Droids, depending on how we've treated them.
    Hey, i coulda sworn you said that we'd be getting better apps on 2/29!
    LIAR!!
    They are going to fold?

If there was some decent advertising, interest would not be dwindling. Doesn't sound like Verizon is going to give the Pre and Pixi the same push they did the Droid.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 01/05/2010 at 11:49 AM.
    they just need to hold out a couple more years till 2012... Then it is a moot point because the whole world will end.
    they had a share offering a couple weeks ago at $16.25 a share... raised a substantial amount of money. They'll really have to f something up in a BIG way for them to fold.
    I bet dell would be a good company to own palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Hey, i coulda sworn you said that we'd be getting better apps on 2/29!
    LIAR!!
    Liar NOT. Think about it. If your Pre turns into a Droid or an iPhone, what type of apps will you have.
    That made me laugh.
    Actually they will fold on February 14th in the year 2016. On valentines day, bummer. I was told by an alien who took me up in their spaceship that was made to look the look Holiday Inn, Paramis.
    So you mean I should have bought my Pre the pony it asked for?!?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Seriously folks, the survey is among US users, and I believe it was current smartphone users at that. How much interest do you think remains for a platform that was released in June? That is the reason for the lowered interest in the survey. Compare it to interest in new markets (Canada and Europe).

Interest will pick up when Verizon picks up the Pre and Pixi. American consumers have an interest span of about 30 seconds, the length of a commerical.
    Quote Originally Posted by hawzy5214 View Post
    What will happen to us Pre owners when Palm goes down in flames?

I LOVE my Pre...best phone I ever owned, but...with less than 10% of the market share, and dwindlin interest...how can Palm survive?
    What will happen when they fold? Do our phones die too? Does Sprint drop it?
    wow, if palm could get 10% of the global smartphone market, they would really be in an awesome position. Do you have any clue how many units 10% would be?
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    How much of a market share do they need to stay alive? I always wonder. Seems some folks on here feel palm needs the same share as the iphone or bb in order to survive? Is that true? Or could they survive by carving out a niche? I know the issue of critical mass for app development, but I'm genuinely curious about what palm needs to survive--smartphone dominance or under the radar consistency?
    Didn't Palm fix the leap problem with 1.3.5.1?

Do we have to keep at least two cards open at a time to make sure it doesn't turn into an iPhone?
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    The future of Palm will be much clearer when contracts expire. Verizon may help them get over their struggles for new customers, but it won't really help change the decline in mindshare.

Palm just isn't as exciting as they were in June so if a solid android/iPhone option becomes available then I wouldn't be surprises to see people ditch the pre.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast